Weekend Card (Sept 8th & 11th)

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Oakland (+7) over NE
The superbowl champs open up the NFL season against the new and improved Oakland Raiders. The Raiders totally change their offense with the addition of Moss. Not only will he change coverage making it easier to find Porter and Johnson but it opens up running lanes for Jordan a true between the tackle grinder. Now it is hard to sell the defending champs short because I think Brady is for real and Dillion is a work horse BUT they did lose all the CO's and Bruschi and Johnson (sp) on defense which might hurt more than people think. Now the addition of Brown helps the NE defense but to spot the Oakland offense 7 in the first game of the season might be a bit too much.

Cheers
Irish

seoulbrotha

Forum Member
Aug 26, 2005
im also leanin on the raaaaaaiiiiiiiiiders! especially if the line gets to 7.5 im be leanin on the raaaiiiiders a little bit more, but i'll wait till the game time. gl this season

chuckdman

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2003
TO
Irish!! Wish you all the best this year in the NFL! Hope with win lots of $$$.

Take care :mj14:

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Wash (-5) over Chicago
"This is not the california league Vaughn" Orton looked good in preseason but this is a new ballgame. Look for De Co Williams to rush the house and send tons of looks trying to force turn overs. Scary situation on offense because I honestly do not see the skins scoring many points but Hopefuly Ramsey can step up and make a few throws considering the Bears will look to take away the run. At home the skins Defense is my play. I know that Bugel called Gibbs (old Denver Line coach now with Atl) and looked to see how to use Portis better it will be interesting to see what he learned. However it was week one last season in which portis had his best game.

Cheers
Irish

Last edited:

FirstnGoal

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2004
Irish said:
Wash (-5) over Chicago
"This is not the california league Vaughn" Orton looked good in preseason but this is a new ballgame. Look for De Co Williams to rush the house and send tons of looks trying to force turn overs. Scary situation on offense because I honestly do not see the skins scoring many points but Hopefuly Ramsey can step up and make a few throws considering the Bears will look to take away the run. At home the skins Defense is my play. I know that Bugel called Gibbs (old Denver Line coach now with Atl) and looked to see how to use Portis better it will be interesting to see what he learned. However it was week one last season in which portis had his best game.

Cheers
Irish

I agree with you that Kyle Orton will be facing a multitude of different fronts and blitz packages from DC Gregg Williams...but the Boars Defense is one of the more underrated units going into the season...if i had to pick a side I'd be backing the Skins too...

Does the Under in this game look good...or what.

Good Luck!!

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Looking at the under as well, but in regards to sides also like Cedric Benson trying to pick up the blitz not something he did well in texas. Not in most of training camp he is going to be a huge taget for LBs blitzing.

Cheifs (-3) over NYJ
Looking at home field and the oline for KC. The jets defense is solid but they haven't had law in there long enough for him to be a huge factor. Green will have to depend on Parker and Kennison to step up and make plays down field. The jets have a great defense and a solid offense but I think the O-line and Holmes should make it happen. Also interested to see how the revamped Defense of KC does.

Cheers
Irish

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Lions (-3) over GB
These teams have no defenses and the loss of key players on the o-line for GB make the lions at home stronger. Even though the lions have failed to show a pass rush they shoul be able to at least play the run and make tackles after 3-4 yard gains. I'm not sure if the Pack can stop the run. All that being said being home in week one and having all the weapons, it will still take Harrington showing up. Preseason he has had his up and downs but against this defense he should have enough time to find the open man.

Cheers
Irish

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Tenn (+7) over Pitt
Pitt has looked awful inpreseason moving the ball and now they start Parker at RB. He can play but he is more of a speed back. The steelers defense is great and they should have a big game but they do often get burned in the secondary. Bennet and Calico should have big days on the undersized corners as the steelers love to bring the safety close into the box. Brown is a run threat and the titans still have McNair. Big ben has looked at time frazzed in the pocket and the titans defense can not let him feel comfortable. The Titans lost a lot on defense and it should be interesting to see if their secondary can stay on the speedy Pitt WR's. But Chow and the offense of Tenn should keep it with in the number.

Cheers
Irish

Bet on MyBookie