west region

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
ariz easy win
gonzaga gets cincy playing in salt lake city; would have them to upset ariz but they aren't as good as in the past but they won't be scared here

next bracket in Indy wisc-milw can beat n dame in ahigh scoring affair, illinois should win two here

next bracket another good one in salt lake c.mich/creighton mac team can advance here, duke plays colo st if night game can get crowd even louder just not enough scoring winner of c.mich can beat duke here

memphis has edge over ariz st; and face kansas and get the upset here by far the toughest 7 seed not easy schedule for jayhawks

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
i watch the tigers every game. they could lose in the 1st or be in the sweet 16 next week. the tigers would match up w/ kansas except for collison. the tigers are deep and athletic. i am hoping for a nice run. a big FU to the ncaa selection crew again for f'n my tigers like a 50$ ho.

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
update

update

well went through some numbers tonite and this is what I come up with

Arizona and Gonzaga meet in second round zags too much offense for Cincy. This game could be close with Arizona winning SU.

Ndame will sneak by wisc-milw could see the 12 seed winning but lack enough 3-pt threat. Illinois should destroy w.kentucky. Illinois to hold off notre dame with the big man inside.

creighton to beat c.mich was going to take c.mich but too many turnovers for me to bite. duke to beat colo st; rams turnover a little to often and blue devils will turn these into easy buckets. My upset here is creighton over duke no big fan favorite at this site creighton can shoot the ball and hopefully catch duke on cold night.

memphis to beat arizona st but could be very close tigers below average fg% team but good on rebounds. Kansas will face memphis and at this time undecided. Kansas always bites me when I pick them to go far; but right now I lean to them better shooting team and the advantage memphis has on boards will be neutralized here.

sweet sixteen Illinois to beat Arizona in anaheim; Kansas to beat creighton. Illinois advances to New Orleans

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
memphis has problems w/ th e three ball. when they are cold it can be awful. i am also afraid of that line in the paint that is 15 ft from the basket. memphis ft shooting is so bad sometimes. :(

wareagle

World Traveler
Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
MEMPHIS, TN
www.dunavant.com
Elvis: You are out of your mind about the 3 point shooting. I haven't seen a tigers team shoot any better from outside than penny and his clan. Grice reminds me of Rodney Newsom. Grice had 8 threes against louisvegas. Hunt is a good shooter along with Carney. Richmond couldn't hit the broad side of barn from deep, but his funk makes up for it. I could not agree more about this team if they are cold, they are screwed and they could easily lose to Az st. On the other hand if they are clicking watch out Jayhawks!

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
sorry, probably could have stated my feeling about the 3's. i have watched every game this year-where as you probably have not. the tigers (memphis) has been hot and cold at different times which is expected. grice launching from everywhere does bring back fond memories of newsome. you are correct if they are hot they will go a long way. i don't have time to put out stats but the tigers do shoot too many threes at times and it can hurt. there is not one tiger outside of massie that shoots better the .450 from the field. having said that,go tigers.

Bet on MyBookie