western union payouts??

Lucy11

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2005
I'm pretty sure Western Union asks for the SS# for anything over $1,000. This applies when sending or receiving.

BIG TIME LOSER

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks got a wu from cris just over 1k and they gave me 2 checks both under $1001 but on one control number. was wondering if i took 2500 out (cris wu limit) would piecing it out circumvent a social security requirement

Lucy11

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2005
It's not the book who will ask you for the SS# it's the Western Union agent that will ask for it. If you want to avoid giving it just keep your pick ups under $1,000. Anything over it's a requirement on WU end.

RIGHT SIDE

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2004
Bay Area, California
I used to do Western Union for all of my transactions, but recently signed up a neteller account and by far that is the way to go for depositing and withdrawing money!! You even get a nice debit card to withdraw funds from your neteller account also! Beats making trips back and forth to Western Union places when you can do everything from your home on the computer day or night.

Lucy11

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2005
I agree with Right Side. Although I don't have Neteller there have been times where I wish I could just die trying to get a Western Union transaction for various reasons. It flat out sucks.

Bet on MyBookie