What a Crock, here's MY Mock!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Vegas Dave

Forum Member
Jul 23, 2002
It?s time to draft once again, and while all of these media types come up with their Mock Drafts I have yet to see one with trades involved. It may be off, but hey, who is bang on when it comes to these things ;)

TRADE: NY Giants send the #4 selection overall in this year?s draft, their 2nd selection in next year?s and Ron Dayne to San Diego for the #1 selection of this year?s draft.

1. New York Giants select: Eli Manning, QB, Ole Miss

TRADE: Cleveland Browns send the #7 selection overall in this year?s draft, Dennis Northcutt, Earl Little, and a 2nd round pick in next year?s draft to Oakland for the #2 selection of this year?s draft.

2. Cleveland Browns select: Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa
3. Arizona Cardinals select: Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pitt
4. San Diego Chargers select: Sean Taylor, S, Miami
5. Washington Redskins select: Kellen Winslow Jr., TE, Miami

TRADE: Jacksonville Jaguars send the #9 selection in this year?s draft, and Donovin Darius to Detroit for the #6 selection in this year?s draft and a 4th round draft pick in next year?s draft.

6. Jacksonville Jaguars select: Roy Williams, WR, Texas

TRADE: Buffalo Bills send the #13 selection in this year?s draft, Travis Henry, and a conditional (3rd/4th round pick in next year?s draft) to Oakland for the #7 selection in this year?s draft.

7. Buffalo Bills select: Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Miami (OH)
8. Atlanta Falcons select: DeAngelo Hall, DB, Virginia Tech.
9. Detroit Lions select: Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State
10. Houston Texans select: Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami
11. Pittsburgh Steelers select: Phillip Rivers, QB, North Carolina State
12. New York Jets select: D.J. Williams, LB, Miami
13. Oakland Raiders select: Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC
14. Chicago Bears select: Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers selects: Jonathan Vilma, LB, Miami
16. San Francisco 49ers select: Reggie Williams, WR, Washington
17. Denver Broncos select: Karlos Dansby, LB, Auburn
18. New Orleans Saints select: Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina
19. Minnesota Vikings select: Will Smith, DE, Ohio State
20. Miami Dolphins select: Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas
21. New England Patriots select: Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State

TRADE: Dallas Cowboys send the #22 selection in this year?s draft to New England for the #32 selection in this year?s draft and Ty Law.

22. New England Patriots select: Justin Smiley, G, Alabama

TRADE: Green Bay Packers send the #25 selection in this year?s draft and Mike McKenzie to the Seattle Seahawks for the #23 selection in this year?s draft and a conditional 5th round selection in next year?s draft.

23. Green Bay Packers select: Randy Starks, DT, Maryland
24. Cincinnati Bengals select: Marcus Tubbs, DT, Texas
25. Seattle Seahawks select: Darnell Dockett, DT, Florida State
26. St. Louis Rams select: Ahmed Carroll, CB, Arkansas
27. Tennessee Titans select: Antwan Odom, DE, Alabama
28. Philadelphia Eagles select: Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech
29. Indianapolis Colts select: Derrick Strait, CB, Oklahoma
30. Kansas City Chiefs select: Will Poole, CB, USC
31. Carolina Panthers select: Vernon Carey, G, Miami

TRADE: New England Patriots send Corey Dillon to the Dallas Cowboys for the #32 selection of this year?s draft and a conditional pick (3rd ? 5th round) in next year?s draft.

32. New England Patriots select: Chris Perry, RB, Michigan

motea

Forum Member
Jan 30, 2004
Great insight. Maybe Parcells and Jones were just putting up a smokescreen about not being interested in Dillon. But I doubt it. I do agree that Dallas will most likely trade down. I really think they like Perry but not at that point. Who knows, they have numerous holes to fill and your scenario would certainly fill two of those holes. Well at least for a couple of years. I do agree that Oakland is targeting R Williams. If Cleveland spends that much to move up for Gallery I will know why. Because Campo is in the WAR room !!!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Vegas Dave

Forum Member
Jul 23, 2002
Well I know that Jacksonville, Oakland, and Atlanta are all interested in Roy Williams so I have Jacksonville moving ahead of those guys is a possibility.

Oakland will try to trade down AND get Roy Williams, if that doesn't work out for them, then they will probably take a defensive player.

I'll admit, Bills trading up 6 spots could be a stretch but:

(a) stranger things have happened
(b) I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills traded Travis Henry OR Drew Bledsoe on draft day (Bledsoe less likely)
(c) The Bills may look to hop ahead of the Steelers if in fact they do want Ben Roethlisberger because Pit will likely be gunning for him to.

motea

Forum Member
Jan 30, 2004
I agree that R Williams will go to Oakland, Jax, or Atlanta. He will be a player wherever he goes, barring injury. Although I know he would flourish in Oakland under Turner, their QB situation is a concern. Jax might be his best situation. Good, up and coming team with in IMO, the best young QB in the game. On another note, the word hear locally is that my Cowboys will take Kevin Jones if he is still on the board. I have my doubts. I think Denver either takes him or Philly moves up and takes him. I look for them to trade down, maybe take Carey out of Miami and pick up a RB later. However, Jones would be hard to pass if he's there. I still think they like Perry. Time will tell.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg