What does it take to get a foul on Detroit?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Seriously!

This is a joke...can anyone who is rooting against the Lakers honestly tell me the refereeing hasn't been horrendous to start this game? In all three games, the refs have let the Pistons get away with fouls consistently. What's the deal?

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
LOL! What game are you watching? Lakers a fraud and finally exposed...when you play defense with your arms and not with your feet, you get fouls called...you are from California eh? Hmmmmmm....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
ez is right

ez is right

how many years were non Laker fans parroting your sentiments in games in Forum or Staples? I know I saw Minny cheated last year in LA in playoffs ...

tonight I dont see what fouls UR talking about, I see LA fouling in paint even worse

oh well

gl, gregg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Pistons are up by 7pts at half.

Pistons scored 10 more pts than the Lakers on the free throw line. Interesting. Lakers would be up 3 if free throws were even.

Ummm, I think the refs are deciding this game.

Lakers are battling Pistons, Injuries, and Officials. Not good.

Lakers shooting higher FG % than Pistons with both teams having similar attempts. Other than free throws, Lakers are only 2-10 from 3pt line. Pretty pathetic.

Pistons 12-17 Free Throw Line
Lakers 2-3 Free Throw Line

Just a hunch, but I think the NBA wants the East to win the Championship.

*this is why basketball is not great, officals can decide the game. What a horrible championships series. Officals just call fouls against Lakers and send Pistons to line all game long.

Last edited:

ezpickin

Forum Member
Nov 24, 2003
HAHAAHHAHAHA...DUDE....this may be the single funniest, most ignorant post I have ever read! Oh MY

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
pistons are getting hammered and

pistons are getting hammered and

missing FTs ... whos GOING TO HOLE and attacking the lane on LA? thats where fouls come from, son ;)

just curious, how old are you?

im 40 something and embarrassed im a fossil ;)

gl, gregg

Last edited:

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
I'm 26 and actually a Clipper fan. I am hoping Kobe comes to Clips. Anyways.

There are at least 5 fouls that should not have been called on lakers and no calls going for the Lakers. It is not right for the officals to decide the game. That is exactly what they are doing tonight and tried to last game. Look at the stats.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
amazing

amazing

refs woke up and decided to let Pistons win this game and has had conspiracy all series?

as EZ said earlier, feet and quickness, guts and knowledge = solid D ... lakers aren't as quick and Deet is playing in the paint all series ... W/O Shaq Deet woulda swept this series by 15+ each game, Lucky he didnt get injured ;) or decide to leave and them bring in unreasonable facsimiles

your Lakers still got a good shot, relax and enjoy

how much do you have on this series?

gl, gregg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
I bet $100 on Lakers to win series after game 1. 2unit play for me. $240 to win $100.

I just want to watch great basketball. If Pistons win the championship, the main reason they did was because they shot 3x the number of free throws than the Lakers. That is whack.

*And they do not have a guy who is like Shaq who is huge mismatch.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Difference in this game is 2 things:

Pistons shooting 13 more free throws and getting +9pt advantage from it.

Billups 17pts
Payton 2pts

*Very impressed by Billups shooting and consistency.

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
Lakers all clutch and grab, play no defense. Should have had more fouls called on them. Lakers all outside shots, 1 on 1, 1 on 2, 1 on 3. Claiming the officiating decided tonight's game is absolutely laughable.

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
These are the ugliest unwatchable games we'll ever see.

This is not championship caliber basketball. The Pistons are an average team that is good at the style of play that the league apparently wants to be played (grabbing, holding, bumping). This isn't basketball, it isn't pretty and it isn't easy to watch.

The Pistons may be better at this non-basketball "basketball" but I have a feeling that there will be a couple of games officiated in a manner that allows the team with talented players to win. It hasn't happened yet, but it will.

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
Don't be an ignortant California sports fan.

Pistons playing great team basketball with ball movement, finding open shots, teamwork, rebounding, defense.

Lakers boring 1 on 1 Kobe bs. Lob to Shaq in post and attempt to run over defender.

Pistons play much higher quality basketball, and that is what NBA needs.

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
bombs, ez, mr christo

bombs, ez, mr christo

IC ya, bros

u guys are gold, I'm hiring you on my coaching staff ;)

gl, gregg

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
ticali24 said:
Pistons are up by 7pts at half.

Pistons scored 10 more pts than the Lakers on the free throw line. Interesting. Lakers would be up 3 if free throws were even.

Ummm, I think the refs are deciding this game.

Lakers are battling Pistons, Injuries, and Officials. Not good.

Lakers shooting higher FG % than Pistons with both teams having similar attempts. Other than free throws, Lakers are only 2-10 from 3pt line. Pretty pathetic.

Pistons 12-17 Free Throw Line
Lakers 2-3 Free Throw Line

Just a hunch, but I think the NBA wants the East to win the Championship.

*this is why basketball is not great, officals can decide the game. What a horrible championships series. Officals just call fouls against Lakers and send Pistons to line all game long.

Missed a BIG stat...

Offensive rebounds

I think it ended with Detroit having a 15-7 edge, but at one point in the game, it was 11-2;)

These lead to a lot of other good things including controlling the ball and put backs.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
You are 100% right. Pistons killed Lakers on boards and out-hustled Lakers on loose balls. Simply put, Pistons wanted it more and won big. I just don't think Lakers should be getting the short end of the stick in terms of officiating.