What is up with relievers this year?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
I feel like everytime I turn around solid leads are being blown, both in my favor and against (mostly against).

The caliber of pitching as a whole seems to gradually get worse every year.

Effen braves:mj01:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Lightning

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2002
Northwest of Philly, Pa
The pitching in baseball is so watered down with too many teams that half of the relievers and many of the SP should have never made it out of the minor leagues!

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
If you looked through posts from early in the season of the past several years, you would find the same thing. There simply aren't enough pitchers.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

brooklynkid

Houston Alum
Forum Member
Apr 1, 2006
So. California
AS long as managers believe in this righty/lefty horseshit and that a college kid can pitch 100 pitches with no problem and pro that is making $5 mil a year has a pitch count ...baseball games will suck. There are basically very few "closers" out there. I cringe when a game is close and the managers actually start "to think strategy"

It ain't what it use to be,that's for sure !!!!!

sdf

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
because MLB equates more scoring with happier fans.

also, most MLB fans dont bet on the games, so having those late inning relievers suck gives them hope that they can make a comeback.

i dont think MLB cares much about the watered down pitching.....

frankly, the problem lies in every sport. it's why Martin Grammatica still has a job. it's why Aaron Brooks started for the Raiduhs last year. it's why Chris Webbers one-legged self is still playing and why Luke Jackson makes millions.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg