What is Wise Guy or Wise Guy Line Move

barney34

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2003
Reading the post in NCAA fourm about the play on Houston, seems the there was a big line move just befor kick off.

Thought I would continue it here.....

So what is a Wise Guy?
Why do they wait till game time to unload on a game?
Do they have both sides and play the middle?

Just what is going on, thank you this seems interesting to me

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
barny

Anyone that knows that would not tell you because they would be involved in it.

Line movement is the mystery of gambling.

We all fall into it and we all pay out because of it.

KOD

goldcupsports

Forum Member
Dec 26, 1999
Wichita,KS
Wise guy is a word used for guys with large limits who make large wagers changing the lines. In most cases it is groups of guys. They never play a bad number unless they are trying to manipulate a number to what they are shopping for. As in Wise guy moves they are totally pointless to follow. for several reasons.

#1 You can not find the original number
#2 You have no idea if it is a real play or a setup
#3. Several of the so called "wise guy moves" are from large services and not true wise guy plays.

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
gcs hit it right on nothing but trying to get money moving a direction for their own gain and most of the times anything after sunday till game sat or sunday is a false move, these guys are buying numbers or really groups to get a flow then seek the middle now some take early shots at lines that you or i don't see the first line out then book will set the line off the real shots and we will get our first line off of that. wise guys and steam is like playing with fire you will get burnt more then not and you never will see the 2 nd buy back after a steam play is made if it is middled. better off staying away.

good luck

Eric

Bet on MyBookie