What would a OSU/UF spread be?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
We know based on the previous line that UM/OSU will be OSU -4 or less.

What would OSU/UF be?

I say OSU -8 minimum

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Big Tease

DUKE SUCKS
Forum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Columbus,OH USA
So you guys are saying that Ohio State would be a double digit fav at home?

If the line were anything higher than 7.5 it is a mistake.

I honestly dont want a replay of 2002 where the team that plays pretty good defense was told for over a month how much they stink, and then they show up and win.........

The Big Tease

DUKE SUCKS
Forum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Columbus,OH USA
Exactly. UF reminds me a lot of that OSU team. Hang On, Sloopy!

Yup, I agree. However, there is one main difference that eases my mind a touch. Chris Leak is a lot more of a risk/reward QB than Craig Krenzel was back in 2002. If you are going to rely on the defense to win close games, Leak has been lucky to been bailed out in certain situations this year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
So you guys are saying that Ohio State would be a double digit fav at home?

If the line were anything higher than 7.5 it is a mistake.

I honestly dont want a replay of 2002 where the team that plays pretty good defense was told for over a month how much they stink, and then they show up and win.........

Michigan plays better defense than Florida Tease. You have nothing to worry about with them.

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
Exactly. UF reminds me a lot of that OSU team. Hang On, Sloopy!

except that osu team didnt lose a game and had a monster power runner coupled with a powerful defense. not sure they are very similar.

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
except that osu team didnt lose a game and had a monster power runner coupled with a powerful defense. not sure they are very similar.

Exactly. The only similarity between those two teams is they are/were lucky.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Big Tease

DUKE SUCKS
Forum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Columbus,OH USA
Michigan plays better defense than Florida Tease. You have nothing to worry about with them.

I cannot sit here and claim to be an expert on this Florida team, however, here is my initial thoughts.....Michigan is better up front, but Florida has more "skill" and speed. Michigan had issues matching athlete for athlete with our 3-5 receivers......I dont know if Florida would have those issues or not, but Michigan clearly did.

fla

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
tampa, florida
:mj07:

See, we need a playoff.

UF and Michigan is is a coin flip. The Wolves would probably win in Ann Arbor, the Gators in Gainesville.

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
:mj07:

See, we need a playoff.

UF and Michigan is is a coin flip. The Wolves would probably win in Ann Arbor, the Gators in Gainesville.

at a neutral site, michigan is probably a 4-5 pt favorite.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fla

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
tampa, florida
You know as well as I do that the line is based on public perception. I hope that OSU is the biggest public play of the year.

Lines adjust from week to week based on how teams play. You take the higher opening line, I'll take the better chance to win the bet and a higher moneyline.