Whats the best energy drink?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ga_ben

Snarky
Forum Member
Oct 12, 2006
Acworth, GA
Got a looooong day and night ahead of me. Watching the kids all day and then working til about 3 AM. What do you all think is the best energy drink out there? I never drink them but I have this kind of day 1 day a month.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
Got a looooong day and night ahead of me. Watching the kids all day and then working til about 3 AM. What do you all think is the best energy drink out there? I never drink them but I have this kind of day 1 day a month.

I wouldn't recommend them. Unless drinking Cherry or Jager bombs :)

Anyways, I prefer Monster and the best is Rockstar.

When it comes to just drinking them, I don't like it. Once it wears off, you feel it. I think they can become addicting.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IX_Bender

Forum Member
Ive tried just about everyone out there.

Rockstar is by far the best and most effective. All of them are generally loaded with calories but so is beer. Some people drink that little 5 hour energy boost, but it gave me a borderline migrane when I had it. Monster doesnt do much for me.

Anything can be addictive IMO but that doesnt sound like a problem for you here.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
I've tried all of them and I say my favorite by far is the Sobe sugar free(it's in a blue and silver can). It taste the best and because it's sugar free you don't get too jittery from it. To me it's a smooth burst of energy but not too much. When it wears off you don't crash.

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
my favorite topic... i used to pound down 2-3 energy cans a day...

Absolute fav was Monster Sugar Free. Came in the black can with blue lettering.

I can't believe you guys like Rockstar... always tasted tinny to me.

Another good one I enjoyed was the Full Throttle Sugar free version.

I also liked a citrusy Sobe. it was white and had orange lettering. can't recall the exact name of it though.

Monster also makes some energy coffee drinks.. they come in a brown can and have a very smooth taste to them if you like coffee. served cold, these go down very easy and tasty and give you a good pep.

There are some hardcore ones out there like Cocaine or whatever it is called now. Given you only do this once a month or so, you can probably just get a 16oz can of monster and it should do the trick.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jaxx

Go Pokes!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2003
FL
Used to like Rockstar the best until I tried Sobe.
Drink one in the middle of the afternoon at work each day to get me to the end of it.

images.jpg

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Rick, that's the one I was talking about. It has the best flavor of any to me and the energy from it is good but not overwhelming.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

william13

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2005
hoosier
all natural protein shake..........

we have a winner ... i use this drink alot ...
the protein and amino acids will keep you going and you can use to replace a meal with .. its a great to use when wanting to lose pds ...and take one at the turn .... helps for last nine

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ga_ben

Snarky
Forum Member
Oct 12, 2006
Acworth, GA
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Guess I'll drink water on the way to work and pick me up a Sobe of some flavor and pound that before I begin my long walk of hell. Have they improved on those protein shakes? Haven't had one since I got off the all tuna and protein shakes routine.

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
Dopamine (Vegas in a can), hands down.

Punch in your search engine, Dopamine Energy Drink.

jr11

Last edited:

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Protein shakes aren't going to give you energy.

Now if you want a real kick in the arse, drink NO Explode. It's a pre workout drink that will leave you bouncing off the wall.(those with high BP don't need to be drinking them or for that matter any of the energy drinks)

marine

poker brat
Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Fort Worth, TX
OMG, I just cannot imagine!:scared :scared :scared

yes. used to wake up, have a 16 oz can on Monster for breakfast and wash it down with a few cups of coffee.
then again for lunch i would have a Monster to drink with my meal.

depending on if I was tired or not I would pop one open around 4pm or so to make it thru the evening.
I'd toss in the occasional mountain dew as well.

My body became pretty much immune to the energizing affect of it and I simply drank them because it was sugar free and tasted good.

I did it for about 2 straight years. every day.

Then at xmas time I decided I needed to stop the caffeine addiction.
1 Jan I went cold turkey off any semblance of caffeine drink.
No coffee
No Energy drinks
No soda at all.

about 7 days later I would have crawled into the cave of a sleeping bear and beat the snot out of it I was so cranky.

Now, I'm pretty well recouped from it I think and am back to normal, human levels of daily energy and temperance.

william13

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2005
hoosier
Protein shakes aren't going to give you energy.
wrong ..

they will give you energy .. it food for the brain ..the rest that stuff will just raise your heart rate and you dont want that coud hurt you health wise..
the whey protein drinks are all natural !

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
William, I drink 3 protein shakes a day and the last is right before I go to bed. It's not food for your brain, it's food for your muscle. That's like saying eating 3 chicken breast or 3 steaks will give you energy.