Where are 1837 and Stanley's F1 Picks?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Dr. Doom

Forum Member
Jul 11, 2000
I haven't seen any qualifying or race picks posted by either of these fine handicappers.

What's the story?

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
I don't want to speak for them, but I'll try anyway.

1) I'm not sure Stan caps F1 anymore. I know he's very active in Golf handicapping, and I'm guessing that eats up most of his time.

2) The new F1 rules make it a very tricky cap, particularly the qualifying. The fuel load rules mean that it's hard to gauge whether a team will be shooting for a quick Qualifying lap or fewer pit stops in the race. Results of the first two races indicate more parity/unpredictability than before. This is notable for a sport that had been very top-heavy in recent years.

3) That said, maybe 1837 will have some plays for the Race, not sure.

I'll throw my two cents out there for this week's race: Baricello may be a little overrated, despite being on the Pole. He has failed to complete each of the Last 8 Brazilian Grand Prixs, which leads me to believe he may be tight during this race, since he's running in front of the home folks.

GL.

Myron

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2001
Hamilton, Ontario
Race is totally unpredictable. I mean hell Mark Webber is starting 3rd. Schumacher is favored despite starting 7th and neither of the Williams looks like anything.

Both races this year have been won by McLaren's and you have to figure Coulthard and Raikkonen will be tough again.

Bottom line for this race is 'flip a coin'.

If I had to bet it would be on Coulthard.

One matchup I really like that I've seen is Trulli over Montoya at Even. Trulli has been fast all weekend while Montoya has been slow as molasses. Also the Renaults this year have been more reliable than the Williams with more horsepower.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Forum Member
Sorry guys i'm taking the weekend off. With the addition on the track right now (heavy rains for today), it's more than a flip coin!:cool: They talk about delaying the start of the race if it continue like this morning. However, if i had to bet, it would be on one match ups. I agree with Myron on Trulli +120 over montoya WSEX. Trulli is good on wet track and his car seems fine. Anyhow, i'm staying away today.

Good luck if you bet the race!:)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dr. Doom

Forum Member
Jul 11, 2000
Anything for the Spanish F1, or has everyone stopped posting their thoughts on the F1 and CART races?

Nothing has been posted here for months now. :( :confused:

Forum Member
As i wrote earlier Doom (beginning of the year) the goldmine is unfortunately over in F1...:( Their rules make it too tough to guess and in a race, anything can happen....:shrug: I MIGHT post some race match ups now and then but not as the years before... I'm sorry buddy...

In Cart, there is no more qualifying match ups so i can say the goldmine is over there too...:( Maybe some match ups on race day but like in F1 not a lot...:(

Myron

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2001
Hamilton, Ontario
Matchups are tough. Probably the best one is Junqueira -150 vs. Bourdais. Junqueira is a decent driver while Bourdais has shown absolutely nothing this year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg