white and black names

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
20/20 researched thousands of resumes and came to the conclusion that black sounding names are less likely to get called in for an interview. Resumes with white sounding names were downloaded 17% more by recruiters according to this study. They also compiled a list of the 20 top names.

20 "Whitest" Girl Names

Molly
Amy
Claire
Emily
Katie
Madeline
Katelyn
Emma
Abigail
Carly
Jenna
Heather
Katherine
Caitlin
Kaitlin
Holly
Allison
Kaitlyn
Hannah
Kathryn

20 "Blackest" Girl Names

Imani
Ebony
Shanice
Aaliyah
Precious
Nia
Deja
Diamond
Asia
Aliyah
Jada
Tierra
Tiara
Kiara
Jazmine
Jasmin
Jazmin
Jasmine
Alexus
Raven

20 "Whitest" Boy Names

Jake
Connor
Tanner
Wyatt
Cody
Dustin
Luke
Jack
Scott
Logan
Cole
Lucas
Bradley
Jacob
Garrett
Dylan
Maxwell
Hunter
Brett
Colin

20 "Blackest" Boy Names

DeShawn
DeAndre
Marquis
Darnell
Terrell
Malik
Trevon
Tyrone
Willie
Dominique
Demetrius
Reginald
Jamal
Maurice
Jalen
Darius
Xavier
Terrance
Andre
Darryl
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

hmm, to me, Darryl is a white name?? Jerome seems to be much more of a black name to me. Also, looks like "James" and "Jim" were left off the white boy list, but Jack was not!! :142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
A good friend of mine has a daughter Alexus, they are white and Jewish. She just finished her undergraduate studies at Syracuse University. She want's to become a dentist. Should she change her name ? If the person reading her resume was not a racist or a simple minded thinker, and her last name does not indicate she is Jewish,she would have a better chance. Since the Jews run the world and most doctors are Jews, I think it would be a good idea to change both her name to Jutka Bernstein. What do you guys think ?

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
A good friend of mine has a daughter Alexus, they are white and Jewish. She just finished her undergraduate studies at Syracuse University. She want's to become a dentist. Should she change her name ? If the person reading her resume was not a racist or a simple minded thinker, and her last name does not indicate she is Jewish,she would have a better chance.

"" Since the Jews run the world and most doctors are Jews, I think it would be a good idea to change both her name to Jutka Bernstein. What do you guys think ?""

bryanz...i like you...you`re "different"....i think we`d be friends...

but,just how many years did you spend on "the other planet?"

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE HITMAN

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
HOLLYWOOD, FL
A good friend of mine has a daughter Alexus, they are white and Jewish. She just finished her undergraduate studies at Syracuse University. She want's to become a dentist. Should she change her name ? If the person reading her resume was not a racist or a simple minded thinker, and her last name does not indicate she is Jewish,she would have a better chance. Since the Jews run the world and most doctors are Jews, I think it would be a good idea to change both her name to Jutka Bernstein. What do you guys think ?

Alexus or Alexis ??

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Franky Wright

Forum Member
May 28, 2002
Heaven, oh!!, this isn't it?!

Whats her middle name? Goldberg?:shrug: Bonnie?:scared I think she will do fine:SIB

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
yup Lucena, that book is a pretty good read, and part of what the author say about names is online here.

working from two databases with names of highly educated folks (author sez this should correlate to the folks whose kid naming starts the trends)

Most Popular Girls' Names of 2015?

Annika
Ansley
Ava
Avery
Aviva
Clementine
Eleanor
Ella
Emma
Fiona
Flannery