Who is your coach?

hobbs

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2002
Hey guys... bumpy day 2-3-1 on it.

Year to date 23 wins 34 losses
over .500 goal for the week 17-12 ends wed.

Well thought I would post a quick question to you. Had a nice chit chat earlier about coaches and got me thinking.

WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST COACH IN COLLEGE HOOPS RIGHT NOW???

He could be cool, a dick, doesnt matter. Give a reason or dont give one. Just who do you think? Could be your favorite coach? Or your nemesis... but who is the top coach in the land? No honorable mentions... we know there are many good ones... there can be only one!

I will start...

In my opinion. Very tough to pick only one but thats the game.

Bo Ryan. Great fundamentals. Always competetive with or without talent. Practically impossible to beat at home. Excellent teacher of the game.

next...

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
a few coaches who dont get the credit they deserve:

dan dakich from bowling green

perry watson from detroit

and on a side note -- what dick bennett has done at washington state has gone unnoticed but to compete night in and night out with basically no talent is incredible. they almost swept the arizona series last year and they are a pain in the ass to play.

hobbs

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2002
Gman

Gman

Thanks for the response... but who is your ONE guy?

Cheers!

BUCKY1

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
Wisconsin
bennett did the same thing here in wisky. nobody wanted to play them, made for some UGLY basketball though

Toma

Forum Member
Dec 19, 2003
Connecticut
it's a homer call but i just love jim calhoun here at uconn. not only because of basketball fundamentals but for the many things he has done for the kids in his program. he continuously looks out for their best interests even if it means they have to leave early. he is as much a sociologist as a coach.

Wineguy

Forum Member
Feb 7, 2000
Atlanta, GA
homer play here, too, but with the NBA getting defensive guys now on each team, Tubby Smith recruits just those kind of guys, staying away from the co-called McDonalds All-Americans, and those are the UK guys going to the next level, guys that WANT to play defense

Bet on MyBookie