Who's your PICK TO WIN IT ALL IN MARCH?

Cabbie

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2003
Northport, AL
Just curious what everybody thinks

Any decent value in a future wager?

Thanking you in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

CABBIE :clap:

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
Florida State!!!

They beat Wake. Anything can happen.

Now, if they can just make the tournament. Just a minor hurdle.

:mj07:

nole

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
I placed & posted these wagers on Jan. 31st.

*Illinois ---> $1,600 to win $9,520
+595 @Olympic

*North Carolina ---> $1,713 to win $7,794
+455 @Olympic

*Wake Forest ---> $500 to win $5,000
10-1 @Betwwts

*Kansas ---> $300 to win $4,500
15-1 @Betwwts

*Georgia Tech ---> $200 to win $4,000
20-1 @Betwwts

*Washington ---> $100 to win $4,000
40-1 @Betwwts

If Illinois wins it --> + $6,707 profit
If NC wins it --> + $5,094 profit
If WF wins it --> + $1,087 profit
If KU wins it --> + $387 profit
If GT wins it --> + $327 profit
If UW wins it --> + $687 profit
If neither of those 6 teams win it --> - $4,112 loss:cry:

*I received a bonus of $300 depositing OLY so i did not count that in my personal losses.

Looks like I got screwed with G-Tech :cursin: but on all the others I have a lot of value.

doochuk

Forum Member
May 17, 2000
Oregon
At this time i don't think there is anyway a person can't pick Illinois and NC...WF and Duke are right there also

man the ACC is tough

AU2001

under par
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2004
Birmingham AL
Scott4USC, as much as we may differ in opinions on football, I think your 1st four picks of UNC, Illinois, WF, and Kansas are right on the money. One of those teams will definitely take the prize I think. Probably UNC or Illinois. gl

:thumb: I'll take a longshot with the Illini.

johnnyb.

Authentic
Forum Member
Mar 3, 2002
O.C.
www.johnnybhaircarecom
scott
you should win something if g-tech even gets in the ncaa's. i hate they will probably get in on their name and smaller teams like nevada have to win conference tournament to get invited.
my choice is oklahoma st.

MrSports

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
The All American Valley, CT
watch out for uconn fellas!!!! Here we come!!!! Your lookin at the Big East winners and def to the final four, other than Illinois (which i have a feeling they will fold too) the NCAA is very weak with scattered talent.........

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
I don't think Cincy or Louisville will go all the way but I think they can beat any team in the nation on a neutral court. I'd hate to have to go thru them.

NC

vyrus858

Forum Member
Apr 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
Arkansas- Little Rock....

lol just kidding...North Carolina will lose if their players aren't on top of their game....UTAH definatley has a chance

akap920

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 25, 2005
Watch this team

Watch this team

If Arizona is HOT going in watch out for them!

:clap:

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
I still think this is one of those years a non-one or two seed wins. Those top teams just have too many holes or issues. Illinois looks strong, but they are playing in a down league and havent really been challenged. UNC has Roy as a handicap. There are teams like AZ, LVille, that could get on a run. While they arent as strong as last year, I can see Okie State making a serious run. It is a cliche, but the brackets and matchups are going to be very telling this year as to who gets how far.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
I thought I was smarter than everyone and took G-Tech @ 20-1. I thought this team would explode when Elders got back and be a potential final four team. Hell, they made it last year and I sorta sensed them finishing the season hot and ready for the tourney. Guess I was dead wrong. You can get G-Tech now 40-1 I think. Might not even make it in the tourney. :cursin:

I was gonna put $200 on Louisville at 32-1 odds but decided to take G-Tech instead. Bad decision.

I think Illinois and UNC are in a class all by themeselves. Either one should win it and hopefully both meet in the finals.

I don't quite understand people doubting Illinois because they play in the Big 10. I think Illinois has beaten 6 top 30 ranked teams and 2 top 10 ranked teams. In CFB, don't people doubt USC every year because they play in the "supposedly" weak Pac 10? Those same people have been proven wrong every single year.

Ok lets say Illinois has had it easy. You can make a positive out of that and say Illinois will be a fresh team come March because they have not had too many close games.

Right now this is what I would do. Something similar to this.

Big 2 (N. Carolina & Illinois) to win it all +124 (pinny)

$1000 to win $1240

$100 to win $1,295 Kansas
$150 to win $1,299 WF
$100 to win $1,621 Duke
$50 to win $1,523 Syracuse
$50 to win $1,098 Arizona

UNC or Illinois win it +$790 profit
Other bets offset any major losses. Most you can lose (if none of these teams win it all) is $1450 or if you cut all bets in half most you can lose is $725. You make profit if UNC, Illinois, Duke or Syracuse win it. You get 7 teams to play with. Make it an exciting March Madness! The goal is for UNC or Illinois to win it all. I think MOST would agree they are the 2 heavy favorites. But you can tweak it any which way you want. More profits on UNC/Illinois or less profit on them.

I only took these lines from Pinny, but I am sure you can increase your profit or limit your loss if you shop around. I already got my thing working for me so I just used this as en example someone could do. I find doing this very profitable with lowering your risk. You got to like your chances that ONE of these 7 teams win it all. You also hve "chance" to hedge, middle, or cut your losses later in tourney.

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie