Why are the Cardinals pitchers....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
the only ones who can get an effen hit.

I'm actually embarrassed for the rest of the team.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
the only ones who can get an effen hit.

I'm actually embarrassed for the rest of the team.

I think the Rolen double play in the first absolutely killed them. If they could have gotten even ONE run in the first it would have helped their confidence tremendously. Instead he can't get the job done and they're back to the "here we go again" scenario. Cubs aren't much better for that matter. Each team has two guys in their lineup that can hurt you. That's it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Big bats coming up again next. We'll see. Maybe Pujols scored some juice from Sammy before he left town.

:mj07: He'd better hope so! I'm still trying to get used to the thought of Ted Lilly not getting hammered. Ahhhhhhh... good ol' NL lineups!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Wow. They bunt the runner over to 2nd with the pitcher coming up??? Am I missing something? Why not let Izturis hit and if he doesn't get a hit then have the pitcher bunt the guy over to 2nd. You're basically leaving it up to Lilly to get a hit instead of Izturis. Nice move Lou.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
I hate NL baseball.

I hear ya. It's as exciting as watching paint dry. There used to be a time when the NL could excuse the lack of offense by the fact that they did the little things... bunting runners over, hitting the ball to the right side, sac flies, etc. However, they can't even do that right anymore. Small ball and fundamentals seem to be a thing of the past. The pitching is slightly better but that's to be expected since the lineups are weaker and they get to face the other team's pitcher.