Why are we winning in Iraq, but not at home?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
My brother-in-law returned from his second U.S. Army deployment in Iraq last month and he asked me what was going on here at home.

He said...

"What happened?? When I was over in Iraq we were winning the war, but when I come back home to America it looks like we are losing? This doesn't make sense..."

Since he spent a good solid 2 years over there, I told him to blame the cowardly cut-n-run liberals in Washington and the Bush-hating liberal media. Was I wrong? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Nobody here says we are losing the war. Not even the "cowardly cut-n-run liberals in Washington and the Bush-hating liberal media". Please show me one quote, one person of substance that says that we are losing the war. Which liberal? What media?

Who says the terrorists or insurgents have control in Iraq? They are beating us back? We have to retreat because of their force?

I'll play your game.

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
KOSAR<<<<<<<< Tell that to my brother-in-law. His name is Andy Piazza 10th Mountain Division U.S. Army. I'd like to see you tell him I'm full of shit.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
CHARLESMANSON said:
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You give up without a real response? This is getting too easy. Who said we are LOSING the war in Iraq? What liberal? What media?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005
Anytime you send the finest military in the history of the planet into a country to play policeman for 3.5 years, you are losing. Does that suffice?

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Chadman said:
Seriously, dude...who says that the insurgents and terrorists are regaining CONTROL of this country?

Can you please explain the difference between an insurgent and a terrorist?

(Roger I didn't mean to ignore you kiddo sorry I'm just the type of guy who prefers to throw back the little ones. I like your comment though! lol.....keep 'em coming!!! :mj07: )

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
We already won what ever it was. Bush now says it will be a long struggle? I guess he changed his mind. Our guys were tops as always. They can't help There Leader ship is all screwed up.

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
CHARLESMANSON said:
Can you please explain the difference between an insurgent and a terrorist?

Main Entry: ter?ror?ism
Pronunciation: 'ter-&r-"i-z&m
Function: noun
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Main Entry: 1in?sur?gent
Pronunciation: -j&nt
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin insurgent-, insurgens, present participle of insurgere to rise up, from in- + surgere to rise -- more at SURGE
1 : a person who revolts against civil authority or an established government; especially : a rebel not recognized as a belligerent
2 : one who acts contrary to the policies and decisions of one's own political party

Essentially, my point is that there are insurgents in Iraq that are resistant to US occupation of their country. I think there are more of these people involved in the problems we face there than actual terrorists that were in Iraq or have migrated there from other countries. But our presence in country there has certainly brought terrorists in from other lands. We have definitely galvanized the terrorists abroad, and helped the numbers grow.

I am far from the only person to think this is an important distinction. I realize it could be a fine line, which would make it difficult for some to understand, i.e. Charles.

I ask again, what media or what liberal is saying we are LOSING the war in Iraq?

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
You mean you actually had to look it up in the dictionary? lol I love it when people use words that they don't even know the definition of. Impressive.

spibble spab

NEOCON
Forum Member
Apr 16, 2004
Concord, Michigan
NO liberal will ever admit that you have to break eggs to make an omelet. You are all very ignorant of the fact that we are making progress. All you guys can do is sit in your comfy chair and talk about how the government and the Bush administration is all ****ed up. Does it get old to you at all or are you addicted/
I know that you want to see us lose the war. I know it for a fact
because the coming months and years down the line, all the shit you talk in this thread will mean the same thing as it means to those who know and support whats right.

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Chadman said:
I ask again, what media or what liberal is saying we are LOSING the war in Iraq?

Bill Clinton, John Kerry, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Murtha, Shumer, Ted Kennedy just for starters. Hell, Bill Clinton even went over to the middle east last week to tell the Arabs that the war was a mistake. What rock are you living under? Ever watch CNN?? It's as bad as this messageboard. All they do is constantly glorify the American death toll.

You don't follow politics very well do you??

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
What you're saying, spibble spab, is exactly what the administration is saying, and what conservatives in general are saying. Either we are with you, or against you. There is nothing in between, no other ideas or solutions that have any value. You take a position, say it's the right one, and then others have to admit that it's right. Never allowing for a differing viewpoint, never giving any credence or value to other ideas, dismissing everyone else.

Why would I admit something was "right" when I don't agree with it? Does that make me wrong? Do I not have a right, in this country, to have my own opinion? Should I immediately dismiss your thoughts and ideas as being worthless or wrong, because they don't agree with mine?

And you guys call US communists and fascists. Interesting.

AND...Manson...please link me to the quotes by those posted people you claim have said that we are LOSING the war in Iraq. I need the quotes. Not the ones you have posted before, that do not say that. I'm not talking about your side-references that spin what they said. The quotes that they said, that said the US is losing the war in Iraq.

spibble spab

NEOCON
Forum Member
Apr 16, 2004
Concord, Michigan
pretty much, all you do is talk siht about the current adminitration here on a daily basis. are you for them or against. doesnt take a brainiac to figure that one out