Why Cal Poly is favored...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
From another message board, I also posted this on Home Wreckers thread, but figured more people would see it this way...

Tonight the Cal Poly Mustangs take on Loyola Marymount and hope to end what has been a terrible start to the season. Cal Poly is actually my Alma Mater (thank you very much) and I still have a few good friends who live there and are regular contributors to the Sports programs. I was intrigued by the match-up tonight as I have kept a close eye on LMU this year and have used them as a play a couple times already this season.

The interesting thing is that you can't really find any news out of Cal Poly mostly due to the fact that it is a sleepy little college town tucked in between the large metropolitan areas of Los Angeles and San Jose, CA.

Mustangs are usually a tough beat at home (beat Oregon St SU last year) but they have struggled so far this year. I called my best friend and Cal Poly Booster earlier today to see if there was any news on tonight's game. He passed onto me that Cal Poly will finally be able to play 3 transfers that have as yet not been able to suit up due to eligibility rules. Two of the players are JC Transfers and 1 is a transfer from Minnesota who transfered to Cal Poly after having a falling out with the coaching staff.

All three of these players are expected to contribute heavily for the rest of the season and with Cal Poly desperate for a victory I fully expect them to compete hard tonight. Ultimately it will take a while for this team to gel and I know that there are some pretty high expectations so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I knew there was a reason that CPSLO was favored tonight and I believe this is why. As for me I will be following some local folk and placing a medium play on the Mustangs. Hopefully this info pans out and I wasn't provided a biased opinion on things!

cooz3

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
boston
thats interesting marra...what type of info do you have on those transfers????

the overnight line on this game was minus 5......now down to 1.5 ...2 ..good luck on your play....cooz

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

johnnyb.

Authentic
Forum Member
Mar 3, 2002
O.C.
www.johnnybhaircarecom
i like lmu, they've played a decent schedule so far... they are young but deep and talented. good luck!
some info from lions website:
The Lions underclassmen and newcomers have combined for 60 percent of the points and minutes played. So far this season, the Lions have had at least eight players score in every game, including 10 in five of the first eight games. Worthy leads the team with 11.9 points per game (19th in the WCC), hitting 53-of-62 from the free throw line.
The Mustangs starting five of Dennis, Geary, Jered Patterson, Eric Jackson and Jason Allen are scoring nearly 78 percent of the team's points. Forward Vladimir Lisinac is the top scorer off the bench with 5.8 points per game. All five starters average more than 25 minutes per game. The Cal Poly Mustangs enter Monday's contest with a record of 1-4, defeating Notre Dame de Namur for their only victory on the season. The opening schedule for the Mustangs has been tough, losing to Colorado 97-69, San Diego State 65-62, Oregon State 81-60 and Sacramento State 73-66.