Why do wives love IKEA so much?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

3 Seconds

Fcuk Frist
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Marlton, NJ
Dont me wrong its a cool store & I can appreciate & in fact value the approach they take being a very 'green' company.

The dark warehouses are quite a energy saver. It never dawned on me that robots certainly dont need light to work. Odd as a warehouse full of robots working 24 hours a day in darkness may be...its good for the enviornment.

I understand they make shopping an 'experience' & there are some quirky things & bargains all around you. There is undoubtedly some value in their products...

BUT my wife actually wants us to drive 5 hours to the closest store in Atlanta. :scared :scared :scared

To me this is out of the question. It seems insane. Why on earth would someone be willing or even want to go through that just to go shopping & spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on stuff I highly doubt we need?? :shrug:

Would anyone elses significant other even think of putting them through that?

Is it me? This cant be normal. Now I am getting the cold shoulder cause I said no way. UNREAL.

spartan

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Long Island
Thank god I only have to drive 15 minutes to get to IKEA, but if it was longer Kathy would get her way :mj07:

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Dont me wrong its a cool store & I can appreciate & in fact value the approach they take being a very 'green' company.

The dark warehouses are quite a energy saver. It never dawned on me that robots certainly dont need light to work. Odd as a warehouse full of robots working 24 hours a day in darkness may be...its good for the enviornment.

I understand they make shopping an 'experience' & there are some quirky things & bargains all around you. There is undoubtedly some value in their products...

BUT my wife actually wants us to drive 5 hours to the closest store in Atlanta. :scared :scared :scared

To me this is out of the question. It seems insane. Why on earth would someone be willing or even want to go through that just to go shopping & spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on stuff I highly doubt we need?? :shrug:

Is it me? This cant be normal. Now I am getting the cold shoulder cause I said no way. UNREAL.

Do they have a website? :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home

i bet you would already be on the way there for Keeley :mj07:

3 Seconds

Fcuk Frist
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Marlton, NJ
Do they have a website? :shrug:

Yeah they do....BUT I would venture to say about only 35% of their stuff listed on the website is available...why they put it on the website to begin with I have no idea.

Plus shipping costs are crazy. For example a $99 bookcase costs $101 to ship. IKEA keeps costs down by not adding shipping costs into the merchardise retail price. You pay true freight shipping costs.

Ikea wants to get you in store & overall its beneficial to both company & consumer by keeping cost down.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Yeah they do....BUT I would venture to say about only 35% of their stuff listed on the website is available...why they put it on the website to begin with I have no idea.

Plus shipping costs are crazy. For example a $99 bookcase costs $101 to ship. IKEA keeps costs down by not adding shipping costs into the merchardise retail price. You pay true freight shipping costs.

Ikea wants to get you in store & overall its beneficial to both company & consumer by keeping cost down.

sounds like your wife has you well educated about this store :mj07:

3 Seconds

Fcuk Frist
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Marlton, NJ
sounds like your wife has you well educated about this store :mj07:

Yes sir. She has defeated all my attempts at working around this & not being the bad guy.

I told her "Just order it online" & I got about a 45 min speech on why we HAVE to physically go there.

This could be a solid month long cold spell if I dont cave in her.

:(

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
I have been in the Atlanta store.

Its not something I would drive 5 hours for if I had been there before.

But it is a differant shopping atmosphere in there.

Alot of furniture and kitchen stuff. One thing I dont like about it. Once you get going through the store, you can't turn back. They have it set up so you have to shop until the end where they want you to get to the cashiers. Its like a maze in there. Can't explain it but you will see if you go there.

Very large. Friendly service. Lots of parking.

I wouldnt reccommend the caferteria. Although the food is offered at a reasonable price, it sucks.
Try the swedish meatballs . :mj07:
Thats a specialty. :SIB

The Varsity is 3 more exits down on North Ave
What ya have , what ya have , what ya have

One time I went with my wife and spent two hours in there , mostly lost, and walked through 10,000 options .

I bought a set of plastic spoons and forks , cups and bowls for my grandson. Cost me $1.89 and I was happy.

I have a rule when my wife and I shop in a place like that. Cell phones are available at all times, fully charged. I can call and find her and get the hell out . So on this day she forgot to turn her cell phone on. :SIB

Talk about a pissed puppy. Anyone that knows anything about me, knows this would take me over the fawking edge. So I sit in a place I know she will eventually pass through to ambush her.
Finally I see her and she has a friendly IKEA guy pushing a cart behind her loaded with stuff.
He has a tag a long cart with a sofa and chairs on it.

So I see her at the cashier line. I walk around and go back into the maze start, and just walk and stroll minding my own business . With my cell phone off of course.

Gotta know how to handle your woman.

That was my IKEA experience. The sales employees dont work on commision so they dont hard ball you at all. If anything try to find one and then take him/her back to the place you used to be when you started looking for a sales person.:scared

They are putting up condos in that area. They are supposed to be self sufficient in that you will never have to leave the neighborhood to get
what you need.

There are a couple of strip clubs on Northside Drive. Mabye you could drop your wife off and let her have the IKEA experience, while you looking at coochies.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
ikea.jpg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I have been in the Atlanta store.

Its not something I would drive 5 hours for if I had been there before.

But it is a differant shopping atmosphere in there.

Alot of furniture and kitchen stuff. One thing I dont like about it. Once you get going through the store, you can't turn back. They have it set up so you have to shop until the end where they want you to get to the cashiers. Its like a maze in there. Can't explain it but you will see if you go there.

Very large. Friendly service. Lots of parking.

I wouldnt reccommend the caferteria. Although the food is offered at a reasonable price, it sucks.
Try the swedish meatballs . :mj07:
Thats a specialty. :SIB

The Varsity is 3 more exits down on North Ave
What ya have , what ya have , what ya have

One time I went with my wife and spent two hours in there , mostly lost, and walked through 10,000 options .

I bought a set of plastic spoons and forks , cups and bowls for my grandson. Cost me $1.89 and I was happy.

I have a rule when my wife and I shop in a place like that. Cell phones are available at all times, fully charged. I can call and find her and get the hell out . So on this day she forgot to turn her cell phone on. :SIB

Talk about a pissed puppy. Anyone that knows anything about me, knows this would take me over the fawking edge. So I sit in a place I know she will eventually pass through to ambush her.
Finally I see her and she has a friendly IKEA guy pushing a cart behind her loaded with stuff.
He has a tag a long cart with a sofa and chairs on it.

So I see her at the cashier line. I walk around and go back into the maze start, and just walk and stroll minding my own business . With my cell phone off of course.

Gotta know how to handle your woman.

That was my IKEA experience. The sales employees dont work on commision so they dont hard ball you at all. If anything try to find one and then take him/her back to the place you used to be when you started looking for a sales person.:scared

They are putting up condos in that area. They are supposed to be self sufficient in that you will never have to leave the neighborhood to get
what you need.

There are a couple of strip clubs on Northside Drive. Mabye you could drop your wife off and let her have the IKEA experience, while you looking at coochies.
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
ikea1.jpg

This is a big pull for the wives. Ikea has about 100 of these rooms set up and professionally decorated. The woman dont have to think. They just walk in the room, and everything matchs. They think they died and went to IKEA heaven.

And the first words out of their mouth.

This would look great in the extra bedroom.

I will take it all. I will take everything.

Gulp.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Tebowgirlfriend.jpg

Honey , if you drive me 5 hours to Ikea,
when we get home I will love you long long time.

2332853705_bd4c2bbe38.jpg

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

3 Seconds

Fcuk Frist
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2004
Marlton, NJ
That's where I am at....I am trying to figure out what I can gain from this one.

Sure I can put it in the bank & try to use it later on, but those get forgotten & lose value as time goes by..

I need to think how this can benefit me! :brows:

PS: Sex w/ Keeley if she were to ever consent is already secured/