Why does Lane Kiffin keep getting primo jobs?

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
Ponderous.:shrug: Alabama will decline.

Lane has always been a "smooth operator", he knows tons of people and schmoozed with many at coaching conventions and when he was an intern and student assistant, he blew smoke up people's asses in power and wallah, he brown nosed his way up Nick Saban's ass!! Nick sounds very tired and doesn't have the energy he once did, he and Mack Brown are about the same age, but Nick dies his hair, Mack doesn't!!

Lane does have a hot wife, but so do a lot of millionaire coaches!! Even the coach for USC basketball has a hot wife, but he was rich before going into coaching, excellent financial planner.

thomas_howard

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2007
Houston
Lane Kiffin did a lot of good things at USC. Team finished #19 in the country on the backs of his players and coaches and all of that is in the midst of devastating scholarship reductions.

The players never cared for him much and were always very tight. He wont have to deal with that HC aspect of the game at Bama and can learn from Saban in that regard. I predict he'll do pretty well.

Saban's no dummie..

TLankford

Donkey
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2005
Austin, TX
Lane Kiffin did a lot of good things at USC. Team finished #19 in the country on the backs of his players and coaches and all of that is in the midst of devastating scholarship reductions.

The players never cared for him much and were always very tight. He wont have to deal with that HC aspect of the game at Bama and can learn from Saban in that regard. I predict he'll do pretty well.

Saban's no dummie..

I'm not sure I would call 10 schollys a year devastating, when you're USC. Just because of the way the school/program sells itself. An average bcs conference school, yes. But getting 15 4/5star kids on scholly a year and then being able to invite the others to walk-on at USC

there have been a lot worse problems

thomas_howard

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2007
Houston
I'm not sure I would call 10 schollys a year devastating, when you're USC. Just because of the way the school/program sells itself. An average bcs conference school, yes. But getting 15 4/5star kids on scholly a year and then being able to invite the others to walk-on at USC

there have been a lot worse problems

10 scholarships a year for 3 years adds up.

the team played with 45-55 scholarship guys suited up and active for several games this year and played a total of 13-15 guys on defense in their final few. when their opponents have 75-85, that's 30-40% less scholarship guys than their opponents. especially painful with the up-tempo offensive teams that put an emphasis on running lots of plays..

Also, SC does not get very many high quality walk-ons. The cost of admission as a private school is not attainable for most recruits. State schools are almost free compared to 40-50k a year tuition at SC.

With the last year of scholarship restrictions approaching, and a few holdover spots for early enrollees, sark doesn't have that as an excuse..

Bet on MyBookie