Why does no one like Minnesota -2.5 ?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

dta6

Forum Member
Dec 31, 2001
Seems to me Atlanta is absoutely no match for them ?

Any insight to this would be appreciated...

I love this play !

xerri

Forum Member
Sep 10, 1999
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe because they played a tough game against Utah last night with 3 starters over 40 minutes and must then travel to Atlanta,their depth is hurting without Smith and Brandon, playing 3 in 4 nights, and Atlanta is 8-5 at home.

Big Daddy

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2000
Wisconsin
Minnesota is extremely beat up right now. There starting point guard is out (Brandon). No one has really stepped up at the position. Billups has been starting, but he is also banged up. Last night they also used Will Avery and also Lopez at the point, and he hasn't played point guard since high school. Joe Smith is also hurting. Minnesota played a huge emotional game last night at home against Western Conference rival Utah, where the Wolves had to come back from an 11 point half-time deficit to win a tight game. Now they travel a long way to Atlanta for tonight's game against a not so good team from the other conference. Not sure how much gas they will have left in the tank after last night, and how motivated they will be tonight. No doubt Minnesota is the better team, but it is a long season, and this could be a classic let-down spot for the Wolves.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ike Bomb

Forum Member
Jan 3, 2002
I like Minnesota here too, but I like the over even better. I didn't hesitate on this play.

dta6

Forum Member
Dec 31, 2001
2000-01 SEASON SERIES: Minnesota, 2-0. Garnett scored 10 of his game-high 25 points to lead the Timberwolves to a 94-84 win on Nov. 18 in Atlanta.

LAST MEETING: Dec. 28; Timberwolves, 88-81. At Minnesota, reserve Anthony Peeler led the Timberwolves to a victory with a team-high 22 points to snap the Hawks' season-high four-game winning streak. Garnett added 21 points and 12 rebounds for his 19th double-double of the season to help overcome Terry's 31-point outburst for Atlanta.

INJURIES: Timberwolves - F Joe Smith (back), G Terrell Brandon (knee). Hawks - F Toni Kukoc (back); F Chris Crawford (knee); F Alan Henderson (knee); C Theo Ratliff (hip).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg