Why I like Virginia Tech

magking

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2002
I can understand how looking at the last several games it is real easy to say "Pitt +13 looks real good." They demolised a poor Syracuse team, they "beat nd" in many people's eyes and beat BC in a close game last week.

Va tech on the other hand only beat BC by 5, then Rutgers and Temple at home by less than spread.

I guess that is why line is under 2 td.

I suspect VA Tech has been disinterested in last two opponents.
Their next home game is not until Nov 20 against rival West Virginia, but this is their big hurdle before Miami.

AT NIGHT ---In BLACKSBURG!!!!! The crowd will be rocking and the atmosphere will be rolling. Ive seen good teams fall apart in this stadium at night.(Marshall game could have been much worse but they loosened up after 3 quarters and allowed 21 4q points.)

I dont see how Pitt can run on this defense. Miree is okay but no big deal.

Not good news for Rutherford. He will be under pressure all night from that speedy defense.
I can imagine Rutherford will throw an int that directly leads to TD. Have a hard time picturing Pitt score more than 14 points in regular non garbage time play. If they score a late td I think Tech will already be up by 20 or more.

Even though Im not crazy about the Tech offense as a whole: you cannot deny how good the backs are. They are going against a good Pitt defense that I think will eventually wear down from being on the field all night.

Finally the big X FACTOR for Tech is the special teams. Dont they ALWAYS block a punt or block a FG that leads to a score. Why expect anything different this time?

I see VAtech by about 3 touchdowns.

Game starts at 730 est and by midnight I will open up a sports service or retire back to lurking. HA HA!!

GO Hokies!!!!
Good luck all.

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
+ pitt beat them 38-7 LY

+ pitt beat them 38-7 LY

maybe playing 3 straight rd games wore Hokies down, but they have def. fallen off ... you may be right, Beamer will have their attention for this one ... Pitt's Off vs decent teams just doesnt score TDs (ND, BC, Aggies)... If they get rocking, Hokie magic could well be back ... Pitt is a play by many touts this week

gl, gregg

magking

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2002
Went ahead and locked in Tech -11.5 at wsex.

After looking at Miami and Rutgers Here is what i found:

Miami has not been covering these big lines( -38 to Temple win by 23 and -46 against UConn won by 34 and a very close cover over BC)

Rugers has been covering the big lines against Pitt+23, Tenn+40 and Vtech +42 all fairly easily.

Miami has Tenn on deck.

Rutgers is getting 39 points at a couple spots.
Looks easy?

Not so fast....
Miami has beat the snot out of Rutgers in the last two year by 125-6 score. But it seems that since the margin of victory has been removed from BCS Miami dosnt feel the need to need to win
by 6 tds.

Im willing to risk a unit on Rutgers +39.
Miami allows their 2nd team to keep the game close(to the spread) in the 2nd half.

Bet on MyBookie