Why in the hell is UConn a #2?

MrBubbles

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2004
Hawaii
This makes no sense to me. First of all Louisville shouldn't be a #4, nor should Oklahoma be a #3, but why in the world is UConn #2? What have they done all year? Syracuse beats them pretty handily in the Big East Tourney, goes on to win the Big East Tourney, and gets a #4!?! They have similar records and obviously similar schedules, but UConn is a #2? I have no allegiance to either team, but that makes no sense.

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
i wonder if uconn beating syracuse by 18 and again by 8 points in regular season made any difference?

soul train

Go Mets!
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2005
MrBubbles said:
This makes no sense to me. First of all Louisville shouldn't be a #4, nor should Oklahoma be a #3, but why in the world is UConn #2? What have they done all year? Syracuse beats them pretty handily in the Big East Tourney, goes on to win the Big East Tourney, and gets a #4!?! They have similar records and obviously similar schedules, but UConn is a #2? I have no allegiance to either team, but that makes no sense.
I HEAR YA BUBBLES,I HAD LOUISVILLE FOR A #2,SYRACUSE FOR SURE AHEAD OF UCONN WINNING THE BIG EAST TOURNY

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MrBubbles

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2004
Hawaii
Then the selection committee's logic is flawed. Teams such as Duke and Washington benefit from their conference tourney and Kentucky and BC get hurt from the conference tourney, showing it matters. Then Syracuse wins its tourney and doesn't move anywhere. I think UConn was clearly the third best team in the Big East this year, behind BC and Syracuse, yet they are seeded ahead of both of them.

Bet on MyBookie