why is

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chisler

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
California
Akron only -9.5 at home against Buffalo? I know Buffalo just won and Akron has been bad but Akron beat Buffalo 38-21 in Buffalo last yr. Is Frye out or something?

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
Frye is not out but he does have a broken finger on his passing hand. I think that the line is that low because of how terrible Akron's defense has been for every game this year with the exception of the Kent game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
I would think that Akron would be able to cover that spot but this is not a game that I will be playing due to Akron's lack of defense. Buffalo can actually move the ball on offense by the ground game as they did on the road against Eastern Michigan earlier this year. Akron is adjusting to a new offense and pretty much a whole new set of receivers and the running game has been nil. The Zips have the possibility of erupting this game and putting a big number up against a poor Buffalo defense. One thing about Akron there homefield advantage is pretty much worthless as they barely get 10k at each game as the Rubber Bowl besides being old and outdated is about 10 miles from campus so not many students attend the game.