Why should you take ohio st?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

gmblnman

Forum Member
Mar 7, 2001
WISCONSIN
Good question, I see no logical reason why. The dogs have had there glory, as they always do, but no way in hell ohio st stays with miami for 4 quarters of football. They may keep it close for a half, but then my friends it is all over. This will be my largest wager of the bowl season, and should be an easy win. Way to much talent, speed, experience. Period

Miami -11 10 units
over 48 3 units

Final score?
Miami 45 Ohio St. 17

Good luck whatever you decide to play:D

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
As they say in Arizona, the Fiesta Bowl is for all of the corn chips as Ohio State, ranked #2 in the final BCS poll and undefeated, takes on the undefeated defending National Champs from Miami. Looking at film, it is clear that Ohio State made it to this game because of their great defense. Looking at Miami?s tape indicates that they made it this far due to their high octane offense. Two of Miami?s offensive stars were Heisman finalists. But if you look beyond that you will see Ohio State?s talented offensive players like stud running back Maurice Clarett, quarterback Craig Krenzel, and wide receiver Michael Jenkins. Miami boasts a very good defense as well anchored by defensive tackle Vince Wilfork.

The story of week in Tempe is the Maurice Clarett soap opera. Don?t be fooled by what most members of the media are writing. Clarett is not upset with anyone associated with the football team, but only the Ohio State compliance officer. As one reporter this week asked him about playing for a school he disrespects, Maurice replied ?That?s a stupid question.? Of course, that doesn?t get printed because the media wants to focus on the controversy. The football team is completely focused on the game and will come out ready to prove to their critics that they are the best team in the country. Clarett is probably the only one distracted by all of this because he can?t stop hearing about it from fans and the media. But as soon as the first kickoff is complete and Maurice straps on his helmet, he?ll forget all about that and be prepared to play the #1 team in the country. If he?s not, Ohio State got here by playing half of their games without Clarett anyway, so it won?t be anything new to them if Maurice is on the sidelines.

With Miami being the heavy favorite in this game, some might be led to believe that they are overconfident and might be shocked by the talent wearing the scarlet and grey. That doesn?t appear to be the case, according to Brett Romberg, Miami?s center. ?It's going to be as hard a game as we've had this year, probably the hardest we've ever played,? Romberg explains. ?We could easily get knocked off. People are downplaying the whole deal of Ohio State not rising to the occasion, but we know (better), we watch film.?

Miami?s big threats are Heisman finalists Ken Dorsey and Willis McGahee. Dorsey passed for over 3,000 yards while McGahee rushed for nearly 1,700. Dorsey?s favorite receiver is big play threat Andre Johnson. These three players are the reason for Miami being undefeated for the past two seasons. Ohio State defensive end Darrion Scott said ?They're a great team and have great weapons. We also have a great defense.? He couldn?t be more accurate. Ohio State finished the season tied with Purdue for the best total defense. The star of their team is two way player Chris Gamble. Gamble seems to show up out of nowhere at all the key times in big games. Whether Ohio State needed a big catch or an interception to seal a victory, Gamble was there to put it away. In this writer?s opinion, Gamble will be the best player on the field tonight, even better than Clarett, Dorsey, and McGahee. There are not many, if any players in America who have meant as much for their team or made as many big plays as Gamble. Both quarterbacks are going to have to keep their eye on him. Dorsey will want to keep the ball away from him and Krenzel will want to get the ball in his hands, especially if star WR Michael Jenkins isn?t open. And since I haven?t mentioned him yet, I better bring up the name Mike Doss. He is the best safety in the country and is easily a first round draft pick. He came back for his senior year for one reason: to win a National Championship.

Miami is going to use a very balanced attack against Ohio State, but may learn to take to the air early. Ohio State has a very stout rushing defense while their passing defense is more susceptible, even with the talented Gamble roaming. Ohio State gives up an amazing 78 yards per game rushing, but ranks 88th in the country in pass efficiency defense. Dorsey to Johnson may be the best chance for Miami to win the game, but expect Ohio State to have Gamble on Johnson?s side of the field. When Ohio State is offense, they will go to Maurice Clarett and Lydell Ross a lot. Krenzel is an accurate passer, but his passing abilities are used mostly as a compliment to these fine running backs. Clarett is strong, quick, and elusive. He looks to be the best running back in the country within the next year or two. Ross is a highly talented backup who got a lot of playing time with Clarett sidelined for much of the season with a shoulder injury. If Miami stacks the line, Krenzel will use Michael Jenkins to eat apart the Miami secondary. Jenkins is also a big play threat, as most people have seen the clip of him catching the amazing fourth down, fourth quarter touchdown pass to beat Purdue.

While Miami is the heavy favorite and people tend to criticize Ohio State for their close games, Miami was also involved in some close games to inferior teams. They barely beat Florida State and Pittsburgh and were on the verge of an upset by lowly Rutgers before Miami exploded in the fourth quarter. West Virginia rushed for 363 yards on Miami. Florida State gained 298 yards on the ground against the Hurricanes. Teams have proven this year that a good rushing game can work well against the Hurricanes. Ohio State is not a good rushing team, they are a great rushing team. In a game that will be closer than expected, Ohio State pulls the mild upset in a 3 point victory to claim the National Championship. Mike Doss finishes a journey that started a year ago when he decided to rejoin the Buckeyes for his senior campaign. As time expires, he?ll be singing that famous tune: ?In old Ohio there's a team that's known throughout the land. Eleven warriors, brave and bold, whose fame will ever stand.?

WHY ASK WHY?

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

greed

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
Not so fast my friend!

Not so fast my friend!

This is not Nebraska they are playing this will be the best defense they have faced all year. Ohio State team plays the same type of style that the Ravens did a couple of years ago. It doesn't look good but the results are good. Dorsey will not have a good game tonight if they win and cover it will be because of their offensive line and McGahee. Miami better bring their safeties up tonight or it is going to be a long night. Miami may have better talent but the coaching of Treshel is a big advantage. Ohio States special teams and defense will keep this close my friend. Good luck to you but I personally have seen better games this year to play on than this one. I would not make this my largest wager of the year.

gmblnman

Forum Member
Mar 7, 2001
WISCONSIN
Appreciate your feed back, and while there are convincing points on both sides, Ohio st. is just not that good imo. Good luck whatever you play, i just dont see this being close. Hopefully I wont be eating to much crow tomorrow:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

slickjim

Forum Member
Nov 7, 2001
LETS HIT IT TONIGHT DARRIN! GOOD LUCK ON BOTH AND MIAMI MY GAME OF YEAR!!!

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
Though Treshel is certainly a good coach, I'm not so sure that he has a big advantage in this game. Exactly how many games have the Canes lost under their current coach?

gmblnman

Forum Member
Mar 7, 2001
WISCONSIN
Thanks Time, good luck to you as well.

Lets hit her slick, should be a great game:thefinger :thefinger

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gmblnman

Forum Member
Mar 7, 2001
WISCONSIN
Congrats to all who had Ohio St. I could not have been more wrong. The only thing that helps is having part of the wager on the over:shrug: