WIll Nyy recover in TX ?? comments please

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

In2Sports

Forum Member
Nov 20, 2000
Tripoli, Africa
Nyy off 2 consecutive losses next game away: 0-1 (Aug 7 @ Tampa Bay Lost 2 - 3 Tanyon Sturtze) Nyy off 2 consecutive losses 2-7 this yr.

Sure Clements is pitching but really does that mean ALL that I mean hell his last 7 starts have been against: TBay twice, Ana, Tort twice, Det & Fla. Sure he is undefeated, but hey he has NOT pitched against the greatest competition. Those teams combined records R: 277-340 (45%)

The only team in his last 7 starts w/ a winning record is Ana (66-58) & Nyy were pushed to the limit at home in that game winning 5-4. Clements 6.1 IP, 5 hits, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K's.

With the BIG emotional let down from the last 2 games w/ Sea, the Nyy w/ or w/o Clements R going 2 B pushed in the game w/ TX (IMO)

TX brings Rick Helling for the start & he is 6- 2, 3.97 ERA at home winning his 3 at home vs Tbay, Balt & Colo. Sure those 3 teams R terrible, but hey no worse than the ones Clements has pitched against.

My pitcher/team (home/away) power ratings are:

NYY 49.49
TX 51.81

The lower the rating the better, but a 2.32 difference does NOT justify a line of NYY -160.

Well that is my take on the game - comments welcome: