Williamsport, PA

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Shack

Forum Member
Oct 15, 1999
Braintree,MA
Hi guys.

I'm taking the family to Hershey Park when school gets out in June. I was wondering if we should detour to Williamsport. Is the complex used for games prior to the big tournament? What other things are there to do/see? There will be at least four nine year old boys in our group.

We're also stopping at the Great Wolf Lodge in Scotrun, PA. Has anyone ever been to one of
these hotels?

Thanks in advance!

Shack

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
In all honesty I don't think there is much to see in Williamsport, especially without the big tournament going on. Lived out in that area of 4 years and there isn't much to see as far as tourism.

Don't know much about the lodges in Scotrun -- but I have to laugh just because for a good year the exit sign on Rt. 80 for that town was changed to "Scrotum." I'll always have that association.

Dice34

Off parole
Forum Member
Dec 18, 2004
D.O.C.
My brother was an electrician at that Great Wolf Lodge when they were building it.........He got free passes for it before it opened.....The indoor water park is out of this world.....the kids will def. enjoy it along with the big arcade that they have........the rooms are nice and I'm sure its worth the pricey tag.........if you want to make a detour to WIlliamsport, go ahead if you don't think you'll make it there again, it might be something exciting for the kids to see......small town out in bumble off of RT 80 but I'm not sure the stadium is used for games in June, I have no idea.........enjoy the Kestone state

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ALWAYS PRAYEN

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
FLA
man nobody knows williamsport better then me!!! i love it their been going 14 of the last 16 years!! honestly and id hate to say it but their really isnt anything else their.they do have the little league museum on top of the hill which is actually pretty cool and could take about an hour or so but the town is dead!!! but if you ever have a chance to go their when the serious is on GO!!!!! greatest EXPERIENCE IN A KIDS LIFE!!!

Shack

Forum Member
Oct 15, 1999
Braintree,MA
Blackman, Dice and AP,

Thanks for your insight. I appreciate it. I think I'll try to schedule a trip to the LLWS next year.

Thanks

Shack