Wilson or others??

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
I hear some talk here in Nebraska that Walt Harris is being considered for coaching job at Nebraska has anybody else heard anything??

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
Info out of Lincoln tonite is Bo Pellini will be head coach after colorado game. Barney Cotton will goto offensive line coach; and the offensive coordinater will be filled soon. No word on who they are looking at yet. But they want this to be done quick so recruiting will not be affected.

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
Well they just put interm tag on Bo Pellini. maybe by tomorrow I'll hear if there are other people being considered. If they bring somebody new in he or she:rolleyes: will want their own coaches so will see how this unfolds.

For you guys wandering how can I guy that goes 9-3 get fired. A look at the recent performance will answer it. After the win @colorado the huskers are 18-12 with 7 of those 12 losses being by at least double digits. Another reason is the cupboard has nothing in it since frank has final say on what recruits he wants to target and sign. Last year we had 2 of the top 20 rbs interested and Frank said we don't need a running back we have depth. Well that was wrong; the huskers have no running back; the best running back we have is the one that takes the snap on every play. Frank could not see that, he thinks Lord can pass(rumor is Lord did a drill to throw footballs through the goalposts he got ten balls not a one went through on the fly but 6 did after a bounce) The huskers have some playmakers on defense but they need more speed but most importantly need a qb that can throw and run (Brad Smith Missouri) and a rb that can break the big one.

Maybe us Huskers are spoiled to get rid of a coach with a great winning record but thats how we feel:shrug: :shrug: If you can't win the games that count don't plan on sticking around:nono:

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
Urban Meyer is coming in Tuesday for interview from what I hear. Other names being thrown around Rich Rodriguez(W Virg) Walt Harris (Pitt) and Butch Davis.

I think at this moment it is Bo Pellini is leading. I don't think walt harris will be coming. Other names not sure on yet although I think they are good coaches. The Homerun is Butch Davis if he would come he would help recruiting greatly and turned Miami back into the powerhouse it was.

Wilson

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2002
1813 Virginia St
Don't count on Rodriguez...he is a WVU alumnus, has a 7 year deal worth muti millions and has a 2 million dollar buyout....he aint going nowhere :D

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i heard

i heard

the old "ballcoach" caught the redeye out of d.c. and is heading for a meet in lincoln....

not...:nono: :D ....but there are some rumors out there....i`m sure that they are just that....rumors....

Last edited:

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
The Huskers running the Fun N' Gun :shrug:

Very interesting proposition - but could never happen with the type of player they have been recruiting.

Crazy - but fun to think about.

waymac

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2001
Bloomfield,NE
Interesting ?? but no Spurrier would not like Nebraska gets too cold and not enough golf courses

Thanks Wilson, didn't know what his contract looked like; but that would eliminate him

Bet on MyBookie