Wimbledon

DimOK

Forum Member
May 30, 2002
Voronezh, Russia
It's time to start!

First good pick:

Zovko - Kunitcin: 2@2.6

Two weeks ago Igor won 6-1, 6-3. Also, he made rapid progress on fast surfaces... Seems good to me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DimOK

Forum Member
May 30, 2002
Voronezh, Russia
Ancic has won yesterday 1-2 :) 3/3, +3.95 :)

Today i've got only one pick, but it looks amazing!!!

Morrison, Jeff - Saulnier, Cyril 1 @ 1.7!!!

--------
Linkin Park - A Place For My Head

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DimOK

Forum Member
May 30, 2002
Voronezh, Russia
I use thegreek.com for plain picks (like Sabntoro to win), and our russian bookmakers (like fonbet.com, or marathonbet.com) to place picks with handicap(Horna(-3.5)), or under/over(Over(21), or something like that)...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DimOK

Forum Member
May 30, 2002
Voronezh, Russia
I've got a good Idea...

"If tennis player, who is old enough, and don't like (and can not) play on grass, but due to his high rank has to participate in big W, then he will loose very soon to grass-lover, or someone else, because he/she knows that he will never won Wimbledon :)"

Last year it happens to Clavet, Acasuso, Dias, Vicente, Blanko, Boutier, Knowle, Balcells, Zabaletta, Sanches, Brugeira, Calatrava...

All they lost 0-3, or 1-3 in first or second round. Why not try this trick again?

nostromo

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Europe
I took Hewitt +550 outright a couple of days ago, it seemed too easy...and now this :mad:

DEN BOSCH, Netherlands (AP) -- Lleyton Hewitt pulled out of the Ordina Open on Friday because of a stomach virus.

''I felt it for the first time when I was practicing Monday,'' said Hewitt, the No. 1 ranked player.

''I lost a lot of energy and fluid Tuesday in the heat. Wednesday I took a day off and went to see my doctor in Belgium. My match on Thursday against Mikhail Youzhny was a struggle which didn't improve the situation.''

Hewitt is the top seed at Wimbledon next week.

''I have to wait and see,'' said Hewitt, of his illness. ''It's one of those things you have to assess from day to day. It's not an ideal preparation (for Wimbledon). I would have liked to have two to three more matches under my belt.''

His defense of the title at this Wimbledon warmup was to continue with a quarterfinal match Friday against Arnaud Clement.

''It was a tough decision, especially when you want to defend your title,'' Hewitt said.

It better not be as bad as chicken pox before Aussie Open :firing:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DimOK

Forum Member
May 30, 2002
Voronezh, Russia
Here we go:

Chang - Burgsmuller: 1 @1.45
Robredo - Sluiter: 2 @ 2.1
Morisson - Okun: 1 @ 1.6
Enqvist - Parmar: 1 @ 1,35
Mirmyi - Dent: 2 @ 1.9
Pavel - Carlsen: 2 @ 1.8

And good-looking multi:
Santoro: 1.2
Blake J: 1.25
Kafelnikov: 1.25
Phillipousis: 1.25
Ljubicic: 1.45
Novak J: 1.1
Krajcek: 1.15
----------------- @ 5

That's all :) I think, that this guys are going to win, but odds on them are too small to bet on them :)

PS. Speaking about outright... I like Kiefer @ 66....

DimOK

Forum Member
May 30, 2002
Voronezh, Russia
final-final-final picks!

Morrison - Okun: 1 @ 1.6
Aynaui - Labadze: 1 @ 1.47
Blake J - Zabaletta: 1(-5.5) @ 1.82
Kafelnikov - Hrbaty: 1(-5.5) @ 1.77
Lee H - Stolyarov: 1(-1.5) @ 1.8
Mirniy - Dent: 2 @ 2.13
Pavel - Carlsen: 2 @ 2.03
Rochus O - Rochus C: 1 @ 1.57
Sampras - Lee M: 2 (+7) @ 1.82
Sargsian - Vicente: 1(-5) @ 1.77
Federer - Ancic: 2(+7.5) @ 1.93
Phillipousis - Boutier: 1(-5) @ 1.72
Enqvist - Parmar: 1(-5.5) @ 1.82

Hey, Anders, kickserv and others! Stop loosing your money at WC! It's so unpredictable:eek: , better just enjoy soccer (as I do :):):))!!!
I really want to hear your opinion on upcoming matches!

Last edited:

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
Dim OK - damn right on that soccer! :eek: :shrug: :( :D

Will post wot I've got in a few hours; just fine-tuning and searching for the best price ...

GL :cool:

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Sampras status

Sampras status

Prone Pete
Pete Sampras now might not even get a chance to turn things around on his best surface. The seven-time Wimbledon winner may miss the event after suffering a rib injury at an exhibition event Saturday. Sampras' status will be determined Monday morning as event officials turned down his request for an extra day's rest.

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Here's the full article

Here's the full article

WIMBLEDON, England -- Seven-time champion Pete Sampras may miss Wimbledon with an injury.

Sampras sustained what tournament officials described as an "acute strain in the lower right ribs'' on Saturday and pulled out of an exhibition match.

On Sunday, he asked Wimbledon organizers to schedule his first-round match -- against Britain's Martin Lee -- for Tuesday instead of Monday in order to give him more time to recover.

The All England Club rejected the request, saying it had already determined that Sampras' half of the draw would play Monday.

But, instead of scheduling Sampras for the first match on Centre Court as expected, the club put him on for the third match. That would give him a few extra hours of rest and treatment.

Sampras' coach, Jose Higueras, said Sampras didn't practice Sunday and was receiving ultrasound treatment. He said his status was day-to-day.

"We'll have to see how he feels when he wakes up tomorrow,'' Higuera said. "I think he'll play. Hopefully he will be fit. We'll see.''

Sampras was due to play Stefan Koubek at the Boodle & Dunthorne Championship on Saturday as part of a final tuneup for Wimbledon.

But Sampras said he felt a "slight tweak'' during practice and decided not to risk further injury before Wimbledon.

"As a result of sustaining an acute strain in the lower right ribs on Saturday, Pete Sampras requested a Tuesday start,'' Wimbledon referee Alan Mills said in a statement. "Since we had already determined his half of the draw would play on Monday, we were unable to grant this particular request.

"However, as is the case with all players who ask for a late start, we were able to help him by putting him on third match on Monday.''

By tradition, the defending men's champion opens Centre Court play. But last year's winner, Goran Ivanisevic, is out following shoulder surgery. And the losing finalist, Pat Rafter, is taking an extended break from tennis.

Sampras, who won his record seventh Wimbledon singles title in 2000, had been widely expected to get the Centre Court honor -- even though he is seeded only No. 6 this year.

Instead, No. 3 Andre Agassi -- the 1992 champion -- will open on Centre Court against Israel's Harel Levy.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
well...........kickserv is back:D

and as most of you know I made some big bucks on the French! Hopefully Wimbledon will be the same!

so.....let's get to it!

and oh....one more thing.....NO TIES in TENNIS...gotta love that:cool:

Scale 1 to 10 units

(went 12-3 on plays rated above 7 during French Open)

Day One picks
------------------

K Carlsen to beat A Pavel at $2.00 3 units

M Mirnyi to beat T Dent at $1.57 4 units

C Pioline to beat M Safin at $5.00 1 unit

P H Mathieu to beat F Clavet at $2.20 2 units

M Philippoussis/R Krajicek/W Arthurs parlay at $1.88 6 units

yes........went with Pioline over Safin........will all depend on how well Safin serves.......he gets his first serve in over 59% of the time he'll win..........if he doesn't Pioline has a shot.....it's worth a play at 5 to 1!

Carlsen loves the grass.........that lefty serve will give Pavel some trouble........plus Pavel just had a baby and he is one tired puppy! Carlsen may just sneak up and get him :rolleyes:

And for those of you looking for a huge payoff go with the following men to Win Wimbledon:

G Rusedski at 40-1 (has been to a Grand Slam final!)

W Arthurs at 69-1 (ya never know!)

R Krajicek at 75-1 (hey he's won it before!)

C Pioline 175-1 (this guy can still catch fire)

huge odds........but hey worth a couple bucks......this is men's tennis remember.....anything can happen:eek:

ok everybody.....good luck.....and I look forward to reading everybody's posts! And Anders............putting 10 bucks on Krajicek might make up for the World Cup!!!!

dance2 :bigun: