Win$day 4.11.07

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Went 4-0 yesterday, looking to stay hot.

Updated 2007 MJ record: 10-5 (+5.02 gaming units)

regular plays: 9-4 (+4.02 gaming units)

double plays: 1-0 (+2.0 gaming units)

2 team parleys: 0-1 (-1.0 gaming units)

Capping now, back in a bit with some plays

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Cubs -166

Cubs -166

Don't really like laying this kind of juice, especially on the cubs, but I really like them in this spot. Coming off a 3 game losing streak and a favorable pitching match-up to avoid a sweep in their home opening series.

From the web:

Rich Hill (1-0, 1.29 ERA) will try to get the Cubs back into the win column. He had the best start of his relatively brief major league career Friday at Milwaukee, allowing only a solo homer in seven innings with no walks and six strikeouts. He retired the first 15 batters before giving up Corey Hart's leadoff home run in the sixth.

After going 15 2-3 innings during spring training without issuing a walk, Hill continued that trend in his season debut.

Hill has been excellent in his past nine starts dating to last season, yielding two earned runs or less eight times. He has worked 2 1-3 scoreless innings in two career relief appearances against the Astros.

Wandy Rodriguez (0-1, 3.86) pitched effectively in his season debut Friday against St. Louis, allowing three runs and four hits over seven innings with no walks and five strikeouts in a 4-2 defeat. It was the sixth straight loss for Rodriguez, who has made 13 appearances, including seven starts, since his last win against Texas on July 2.

The left-hander is 2-3 with a 4.70 ERA in five lifetime starts against the Cubs. He has limited them to three runs through 14 innings in his past two appearances versus them.

Cubs outfielder Matt Murton is 4-for-11 with two solo homers against Rodriguez.

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Cubs game postponed

Cubs game postponed

For those who didn't already know

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Adding Phila/Mets over 9 (-125)

Adding Phila/Mets over 9 (-125)

This bet just seems logical to me. Eaton is shaky at best, phils bullpen is beyond suspect at this point. They downright suck. Perez ain't afraid to give up runs either, although he looked good his 1st time out this year. Throw in the fact that Phils need a win desperately and I think we hit the number in this game.

from the interweb:

VENUE: Shea Stadium

Eaton went 7-4 with a 5.12 ERA in just 13 starts for the Rangers last season after spending time on the disabled list following right finger surgery. He won five of his last six outings in 2006, but got off to a rough start this season.

Eaton allowed seven hits and eight runs while walking four in 4 2-3 innings as Philadelphia lost 8-4 to Atlanta on Thursday, part of the Phillies' 1-6 start.

Eaton (0-1, 13.50 ERA), though, has won all three of his starts against the Mets, posting a 1.33 ERA in those outings.

"He threw strikes and he was pounding the zone," manager Willie Randolph said of Perez, who went 3-13 with a 6.58 ERA last year with Pittsburgh and the Mets. "He was pretty dominant."

Perez is 1-1 with a 4.60 ERA in five starts against the Phillies. He didn't get a decision in his last outing versus Philadelphia, allowing five runs, two hits and five walks while striking out seven in five innings of New York' 11-5 win on Aug. 26 at Shea Stadium.

Pat Burrell is 4-for-12 with three homers and five RBIs against Perez. Burrell is hitting just .257 versus New York in his career, but has 36 homers and 92 RBIs in 118 games.

Reigning NL MVP Ryan Howard homered for the first time this season on Monday. He is 1-for-4 with a homer and five RBIs against Perez.

hit 'em up :firing: :box2:

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Adding Bost -171

Adding Bost -171

I feel like I've been laying lots of chalk, but I find another spot I am too tempted to pass up (although Cubs was canceled, so I guess that one doesn't count). Just like Dice K to perform in his home debut against a seattle team that got crushed (9-0 @ home v oak 4/4/07) , had 4 days off and then got crushed again (yesterday).

:box2:

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Adding Angels +119

Adding Angels +119

Thought about this one long and hard (thats what she said). Just like Anaheim in this spot coming off back to back losses going against westbrook, on pretty much a neutral field getting money.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TdotKelly

Forum Member
Nov 23, 2004
Tough day

Tough day

Man sometimes the things just don't go your way. Dice K pitched well enough to win, Boston just completely shut down at home. A credit to hernandez though.

Phillies left 22 men on base (Atl left 8). Sometimes I really can't stand NL baseball. Eaton (phils pitcher) left 8 men on base himself. Can't stand pitchers coming up in big spots with 2 outs. Oh well, lots of opportunities in that game. I'll stop crying now.:violin: :mj07:

Ahh, the beauty of baseball gaming. back at it today.