Wireless Security Cameras

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
Anyone out there know anything about these?

I'm looking for some good (preferrably wireless) security cameras, which can be hooked up to a TV or computer - or better yet, both. I've had a hell of a time just finding cams here, and really don't know which manufacturers are the better ones. Checked a lot of websites and found cameras, but having a whole pile of cams sent to me by courier to try them all is not really the most efficient use of my time, or money.

I bought a little one today at the Tigerdirect retail store that was surprisingly inexpensive ... but I don't hold out much hope of buying many more of this particular brand, if in fact it even turns out to be a decent cam. I can't even decipher what the name of the company is. Made in China, a logo that looks like a stylized "D" with a scripted "L" and "Y" within the "D". I do know that it's a model RC100A ... but pretty odd that they would include that, but not the name of their company on the instructions.

Nice warning on it translated directly from Chinese: "Note: If the product is used for the illegal purpose, the offender will be subject to severe punishment". :lol:

Anyways, any help would be appreicated. Thanks.

Cappin Kirk

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2003
Fargo, ND
I work at Lowes, we carry GE cameras. I'm sure they will be around for a while. We have one that is hard-wired and one that is wireless. You can get either model for under $200. I'm not sure if we have stores in Canada though. I would check out the web page if not.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

s_dooley24

Forum Member
Jun 22, 2005
Don't know about the wireless cameras...but i have made purchases with tigerdirect in the past and they're very fast and reliable

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
Thanks guys it's appreciated. Checking out a couple of distributors now including Tiger. Will look into Sams too and see who they deal with.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg