WISC vs. ARIZONA official thread

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Pkorkis

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2004
What do you guys think about this game? I personally think that Arizona has been underachieving and lackluster this season with no heart or determination. I don't see a Wisconsin team losing this one...but this is just gut b/c i don't know too much about these teams. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

zig

Forum Member
Feb 13, 2000
WI
Wisconsin has been lacking in guard play all season. Kameron Taylor seems to have run out of gas the last several games. They need him to play point and score. I think he'd be a lot more effective as a 2 guard, but they need him to play point. They rely on Orlando Tucker for most of the scoring but need others to step up. They have guys that are capable but dont always show up. Having said that, I think in a evenly matched game like this I'd take Bo Ryan over Lute Olsen. Wisconsin wins.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
zig said:
Wisconsin has been lacking in guard play all season. Kameron Taylor seems to have run out of gas the last several games. They need him to play point and score. I think he'd be a lot more effective as a 2 guard, but they need him to play point. They rely on Orlando Tucker for most of the scoring but need others to step up. They have guys that are capable but dont always show up. Having said that, I think in a evenly matched game like this I'd take Bo Ryan over Lute Olsen. Wisconsin wins.

love how bo ryan is the better coach
:mj07:

bear down arizona!

rrc

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Lute has had much more to work with over the years than Bo. Don't think it's a stretch to consider Ryan the better coach.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
Lute has a great hoistory, but he hasnt done a very good job this year. That said, it is tough to me to back Arizona travelling cross country to play in essence a 9am game for them against a relatively even matched foe.

I keep having flashbacks to that Arizona-Penn State football game a few years ago.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
well i keep having flashbacks to the arizona-miami fiesta bowl in 93 thus arizona will roll!

not sure what a football game has to do with anything

fwiw it's actually a 10:30 am tip for arizona since they are still on mtn time (11:30 for wisc) and i do think it may take arizona some time to get into the game, i think wisc will be affected the same......i could easily see a low scoring first half (20 soemthing-20 something)

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
Ridiculous

Ridiculous

Arizona has more talent and will come focused this afternoon. Laying 1 is a gift on a neutral court. You will see a typical Wisconsin game where they will have at least two, five minute stretches without offense. If Arizona can take advantage I see this as an easy win :142smilie

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
P

PRO190

RYAN is hands down the better coach and time will prove that out even more..

GJN : Willing to put a little wager on the game .. Cap or T etc... :SIB

Ryan in Philly, Nixon will play and heard Taylor has busted ass at practice and seems to have his ass back on track..AZ does not have anyone to stay with Tucker.. If Butch takes his skirt off and plays with an asskicking mentality then it's over for AZ..

WIS ~ pk FH ~ Entire JellyBean Jar

Off to watch the game.. GJ if you are in just leave a post and the item to be on the line........GL

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
poro 190.....no thanks on the wager

i'll be interested to watch bo ryan make the tourney 22 straight years....27 of 28...lead multiple teams to 5 final four berths and win a title....and get 800 wins.....and the hall of fame.....etc, etc, etc

and fwiw, i think ryan is a good game coach, however recruiting players is part of being a college coach.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
PRO - HAAAAAA. Jelly Beans? I would hate to see you piss that entire jar away this close to Easter...you might want to reconsider. Arizona - EASY.

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
gjn23 said:
well i keep having flashbacks to the arizona-miami fiesta bowl in 93 thus arizona will roll!

not sure what a football game has to do with anything

fwiw it's actually a 10:30 am tip for arizona since they are still on mtn time (11:30 for wisc) and i do think it may take arizona some time to get into the game, i think wisc will be affected the same......i could easily see a low scoring first half (20 soemthing-20 something)

was referring to the travel and early start - the football game was the same thing

Big Daddy

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2000
Wisconsin
Keep in mind Wisconsin is a very poor free throw shooting team. Tucker only shoots around 54%. Tough to win those close games when your go-to guy struggles at the line.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
Big Daddy said:
Keep in mind Wisconsin is a very poor free throw shooting team. Tucker only shoots around 54%. Tough to win those close games when your go-to guy struggles at the line.

yep

all people want to focus on is how average arizona has been this year as to why wisc will be an easy winner.....yet wisconsin gets a pass for their 4-9 finish, poor ft shooting, lack of a point guard and the one they have has more to than assists and zero meaningful road wins this year......

think arizona finally shows up today and wins in the end by dd....or tucker could go off for 25 points and rodgers and adams see scouts in the stands and fire up 20 threes between them.....making 1

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Did Devin Harris come back or something? I played the under at 130 yesterday... 137 now???

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
apparently salim and channing frye have off nights tonight and are suiting up for arizona

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
was going to bet the over and it is up 8 points from last night? I guess I will leave it alone...no doubt will get screwed either way....