World's largest Cocktail Party

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
I was just going through some schedules this morning and I am wondering why they play the Georgia/Florida game in Jacksonville every year? My records have them starting this in 1997 but that is as far as my records go back. This is suppose to be a neutral site but leans heavily in the Gator's favor. Any help/clarification would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Best Wishes
Devil Dog

Kdogg21

who?
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Chicago,IL
beats the hell out of me....

talking to a friend a while back who went to the game one year, says suprisingly its about 60/40 for Flordia fans. alot of the Georgia Alumni and students get access to alot of tickets. My friend says that weekend was like a spring break, it was nuts...

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
The stadium is divided 50/50 on ticket sales. Both schools get equal amounts. The end zones are pretty crazy because that is where both team's fans meet. 1/2 of the stadium is red, the other 1/2 is jean shorts and gold chains. :moon:

The tradition has been going on longer than 97, but we did have a two year drought from Jax due to the new stadium being built for the Jaguars. Georgia hosted one and Florida hosted one.

Jacksonville is one of the best events that a CFB fan could wish for. Beautiful women, lots of boozin', and a pretty healthy rivalry that drives the entire day. I have personally never seen any altercations at the actual event, but there have been some scuffles late at night in the bar district. They are minimal for the amount of passion that these two schools have for their football and the amount of hate that they have for the other school.

People arrive days (up to a week) in advance to get the best RV spots for tailgating.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg