Worse than TO or Moss

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
TOTOWA, N.J. (AP)?The bloody pants that Plaxico Burress wore when he accidentally shot himself last month, plus a handgun, a rifle and an assortment of ammunition were seized Tuesday by authorities from the home of the New York Giants receiver.

In addition to a 9-mm handgun, a .30-06-caliber rifle and the ammunition, including a clip for a .45 gun, police also said they recovered the sneakers that Burress wore during the accidental shooting during the three-hour search of the Super Bowl star?s Totowa home.

Investigators are trying to determine whether the weapons are registered, so it is unclear whether Burress will face additional charges.

Totowa police chief Robert Coyle said it would is hard to successfully prosecute someone if they have legally registered weapons in one state and stored them in New Jersey.

Burress still faces two felony gun-possession charges following the accidental shooting at a Manhattan nightclub last month.

Benjamin Brafman, the receiver?s criminal attorney, said Wednesday morning that he believed that only a registered rifle was taken from the home. He did not know whether Burress would face additional charges.

?We have not had a chance to review this new information,? Brafman said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday morning. ?When we do, we will have additional comment.?

Burress was not at home during the search by Totowa police, four New York City detectives and a Brafman associate, Coyle said, adding the player?s wife was present.

Brafman said his client was out of town but did not elaborate.

The New York Post reported that authorities discovered a suitcase full of money, but Coyle said that was not true.

Burress accidentally shot himself in the right thigh at the Latin Quarter nightclub on Nov. 29 when he fumbled with an unlicensed handgun tucked into the waistband of his sweat pants. He checked himself into New York-Cornell Hospital and later turned himself in to police.

The Giants suspended Burress for the rest of the season and also withheld $1 million owed to him as part of his signing bonus.

Burress is due back in court March 31 and faces up to 3 1/2 years in prison on each count.

Burress was also sued last week in Florida?s Broward County Circuit Court for rear-ending a woman in May while driving his nearly $140,000 Mercedes-Benz.

According to a document provided by the woman?s attorney, his car insurance lapsed three days before the crash. A letter from Allstate says Burress neglected to pay his premiums.

Associated Press writer Colleen Long contributed to this report.

kneifl

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
For sure this year, right??
:142lmao: :142lmao: :142lmao:

kneifl

well Jonny I have to agree, carrying a loaded gun is worse than anything TO or Moss has done, though Moss has had issues.....But, those guys are cancers to teams while Plax has been more a cancer to himself....we will miss him on the field though, with the number 1 seed we are home throughout :toast: I dont want to see you guys in the playoffs though, well tony ho-mo the choker im not scared of, but barber and owens i am :eek:

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
well Jonny I have to agree, carrying a loaded gun is worse than anything TO or Moss has done, though Moss has had issues.....But, those guys are cancers to teams while Plax has been more a cancer to himself....we will miss him on the field though, with the number 1 seed we are home throughout :toast: I dont want to see you guys in the playoffs though, well tony ho-mo the choker im not scared of, but barber and owens i am :eek:

As bad as TO is he has never committed a felony like your boy Burress did. I could care less if he is a cancer to the team at least I would feel safe if we were at the same bar. Burress is a punk. Nothing more or less... I can't wait to that thug gets put into prison were he belongs.

Esco!

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 16, 2008
Other than taking a loaded weapon into a club I dont see a whole lot wrong here.
Is there a law against shooting yourself in the leg??

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005

Moss has been on several winning teams and I think its a stretch to call him a cancer. I'd take him over either of these guys. Plax has had 2-3 really good seasons. Owens is a clubhouse lawyer and a coache's nightmare.

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
Moss has been on several winning teams and I think its a stretch to call him a cancer. I'd take him over either of these guys. Plax has had 2-3 really good seasons. Owens is a clubhouse lawyer and a coache's nightmare.

Moss "was" a cancer, until he was forced to behave by belicheck and brady, or get out.....he didnt even hustle with the raiderrs, and hung culpepper out to dry w/minny......but no hes not as bad as owens...
to dirty diapers, life in prison aint gonna happen.....was what he did inexcusable? YES....should he go to jail? YES....it is nowhere as bad as IF he had god forbid shot someone though...frankly, i think a lot of athletes probably carry guns around that we dont hear about so before everyone is so high and mighty, if you had a high profile and people were gunning for you (no pun intended) how would you react?

Nelson

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Saw this line the other day, made me laugh.

If guns are outlawed, only cops will have guns.

Esco!

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 16, 2008
Moss "was" a cancer, until he was forced to behave by belicheck and brady, or get out.....he didnt even hustle with the raiderrs, and hung culpepper out to dry w/minny......but no hes not as bad as owens...
to dirty diapers, life in prison aint gonna happen.....was what he did inexcusable? YES....should he go to jail? YES....it is nowhere as bad as IF he had god forbid shot someone though...frankly, i think a lot of athletes probably carry guns around that we dont hear about so before everyone is so high and mighty, if you had a high profile and people were gunning for you (no pun intended) how would you react?
I agree

Or maybe he ran into a buddy that was packing, he showed him his gun and the klutz accidently fires a round into his foot.
Hey, its a bit farfetched but it couldve happened.

Firing the guy for the rest of the season seems a bit harsh, but I guess its OK since its almost over anyways.

I'm surprised you Yanks still watch that shitty sport anyways, soccer is the upcoming big thing in North-America now :kiss:

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
Moss made Cullpepper.. Look at Daunte after randy..

Look at any qb in the league pre and post randy moss.

Enough said.. Moss is the second most gifted athlete ever to play football.

GoTerps

Forum Member
May 11, 2003
Baltimore
Enough said.. Moss is the second most gifted athlete ever to play football.[/QUOTE]

who's the first?

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
Mike Vick. No one has ever had the speed and arm strength he possessed. Unfortunately we are talking about physical attributes and not mental.:sadwave:

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
Moss made Cullpepper.. Look at Daunte after randy..

Look at any qb in the league pre and post randy moss.

Enough said.. Moss is the second most gifted athlete ever to play football.

nobody is questioning his ability and talent, derrick. not the issue at all....though to is far more of a headache, moss has been known to be a headache in years past but it's toplerated because of how good he is

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
nobody is questioning his ability and talent, derrick. not the issue at all....though to is far more of a headache, moss has been known to be a headache in years past but it's toplerated because of how good he is

Hes been quiet in New England. Let me know who hasn't been a troublemaker in Oakland, that place is a graveyard for top players

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005
Hes been quiet in New England. Let me know who hasn't been a troublemaker in Oakland, that place is a graveyard for top players

Agree, Moss is known for dogging it on bad teams which is unacceptable but not as bad as T.O. who totally disrupts teams to the point that they are at war with each other rather than the other team. He has had major issues with Garcia, McNabb and now Romo. The guy is a me/too cancer of the highest order.

Bet on MyBookie