WSH@TB

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
YTD: 11-11 (-0.8)

WSH-0.5-120 / TB
Caps really need to get back on track ofter the ugliness vs. PHI the other night. Coach Wilson drilled his team hard on Monday, re-emphasizing the importance of the Caps' defensive system. The caps have looked really good in their victories thus far and I feel that this is really strong rebound game for the Washington squad against the overacheiving Lightning. Jagr and defenseman Kalle Johanssen are both expected to play despite some minor injuries. WSH powerplay is hitting at over 28% so far this season (!) and WSH is 9-1 ATS vs TB in the L10 meetings. Go Capos!

Good luck tonight MJ-crew
cool.gif

Kron

spits

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2000
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Took the words right out of my month Kron. Great write-up and I will be on this one as well. Kolzig is 13-4 lifetime with a 2.31 GAA against the Bolts.

Good luck

Spits

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
A couple of excerpts from recent Post articles about the stomping they took in PHI.

"That was inexcusable for us," co-captain Brendan Witt said, summing up the evening. "We're a bunch of veterans in here and to have that kind of performance was just not excusable. It was a real [poor] effort from everybody."

"If we're going to keep throwing the puck down the middle [of the ice] and let them ram it down our throats there's going to be a lot of these games," center Jeff Halpern said. "It's embarrassing."

"A defensive lapse and it's 3-2 and they jumped all over us after that," Coach Ron Wilson said. "We didn't seem to have the energy or the willpower to withstand a little bit of adversity. We've got to overcome that, it's that simple."

Jagr, who played in two games over the weekend after missing three contests with a right knee strain, was kept off the ice for precautionary reasons, continuing to heal his injury. Johansson, the team's premier defenseman who has missed two contests after suffering an upper back injury in the season's second game, was again off the ice.

The training staff has cleared both players for tonight's game. General Manager George McPhee said both players would travel with the team and the club has no plans to recall anyone from the minors.

After having Sunday off, Wilson put the Capitals through a long and hard practice yesterday after a poor performance Saturday night in Philadelphia. Washington has sparkled in its victories but looked awful in defeat, with this most recent 6-3 drubbing against the Flyers among the ugliest of the season. The team held a meeting for about 20 minutes before taking the ice and endured several drills with an emphasis on skating. Wilson delivered a stern lecture during practice, explicitly noting his club's defensive breakdowns and walking the team through several drills laced with instructions and examples of suspect play.

"We worked on the defensive zone and defensive principles and eliminating mistakes," Wilson said. "Whether it be turnovers or missed assignments in the defensive zone, they're killing us . . . We're not giving ourselves a chance to win; we're not giving ourselves a chance to be in the game."

May be on this myself, but I hate betting on my team. Also, I think this bodes well for the under personally.

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
Cool guys, glad to see I'm not out in the wilderness on this one. I see the line is already on the move (up to -130 some places) so if any of you readers out there like this game I would suggest getting on it sooner rather than later.

ppabart

Not banned
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2000
Decatur, GA USA
none
I just got in for 6 units at -125 at Wagerstreet. I really like this game for the reasons you listed...among others. GL with this play and all the others tonight. What do you think about Carolina/Colorado total? Many people think it'll go over...Irbe has been kinda soft lately...and Roy not being in gola may be worth a look?

Bet on MyBookie