Yankee stadium trip question

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

elliot

Forum Member
Jun 16, 2002
Going to the Big Apple for the first time next month. Plan on going to Yankee stadium for a game.

How are the seats in the upper deck in right field? Where wouldn't you sit?

Also plan on hitting Statue of Liberty, WTC & Empire State building. Worth seeing or are there other attractions that you suggest.

Museums that would interest regular folk.

Thanks.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
elliot,

haven't been to yankee stadium in a quite some time.never sat in the upper decks or bleachers.when i went we paid for the cheap seats & worked our way to the box seats by either 1st or 3rd bases.as the game was about to start we went to the ushers by the box seats & "negotiated" with them to sit at the box seats. by this i mean we gave them a few bucks, quietly.

i liked the museum of natural history, musium of modern art & the guggenheimer.

central park is beautiful this time of year, & while there check out "strawbweey fields" which is dedicated to john lennon.

other places to go to is little italy, chinatown, grenwich village, & my favorite place, soho.

enjoy!!

The Mover

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Detroit,Mi
elliot, been to yankee stadium twice sat in right field both times upper & lower prefer lower, to tell the truth they could of put me anywhere. My wife draged me to the(fairly new) planetarium once i got their really enjoyed it. Took a cruise around the island,Mickey Mantles place in central park,also the park in lower manhattan(can't think of the name) street performers are great Hope you enjoy yourself!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Snake Plissken

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2000
The Island of Manhattan
As long as your in the upper deck and you got a view of the entire field it is not bad. It is the field level seats in the outfield area that are bad but if your a fan, as long your in the building that all that matters.

As far as things to see I would recommend going to the NBC studios a go on a tour. You will see the sets of SNL, Conan Obrien and many others. The studio is located at Rockefeller center.

Going on the Subway is Always an experience

Horse and buggy through central park is nice

Madison Square Garden is right around the corner

Time Square, ESPN Zone, Greenwich Village, SOHO, Radio City Music Hall are also great for tourists

There is a Restaurant off Times Square called Victors Cafe they serve authentic Cuban cuisine and words don't do this place justice. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS
If you have time go there their steak will melt in your mouth

Have Fun :)

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
HOUSE THAT RUTH BUILT

HOUSE THAT RUTH BUILT

UPPER DECK- is fine.try to stay between 1st and home or 3rd and home.
If you are staying in Manhattan-take an uptown /BronxBound "D" train or # 4 Train to 161 street Yankee Stadium.
There is some taverns around The Stadium and the food is good in these joints. Try the " Court Deli" on 161st or The Yankee Tavern and it's not expensive and you should enjoy the deli style food. Most people do that, that live here. The prices are outrageous in Yankee Stadium.
By The Way--- you can't bring any Knapsacks or large bags into The Stadium and be prepared to be briefly checked as you enter..this is aftermath of 911.

Empire State Building is a must.- It's on 34th street and 5th Avenue, Manhattan.
NBC STUDIOS/Rockefeller Center is Fun-thats at 47th street and 6th avenue, Manhattan.-Radio City Music Hall is right there too.
The World Trade Center is in The Financial District--Train stop is Fulton Street on The A,C,2,3,4,5 Trains.-Manhattan
Statue of Liberty--Check to see that it is open first.--You have to go to The Bowling Green or Wall Street Stations and take The Ferry from there to The Statue. These train stations are just blocks from The World Trade Center.-Manhattan
Time Square- is at 42nd street and in The Broadway District.(ESPN ZONE is there too)
Madison Square Garden- is on 34th street and 8th Avenue ,Manhattan.
Mickey Mantles Restaurant is on www.mickeymantles.com
is on 58th street also called Central Park South.

Hope this helps

:D Brian

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg