Yankees Make another trade

spartan

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Long Island
lose lose for both teams.......couldn't have worked out better

I'll take an experienced catcher who plays great defense and throws out runners consistently.
And a 295 average doesn't hurt either so how is it a losing proposition for the yanks.
Probably a 2 month rental for the rest of the season.
I won't miss Farnsworth even though he was having a good year.

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Spartan, this move definitely makes more sense than Sexton. Hasn't Molina been decent filling in got to give Yankees credit , making efforts at least. Xavier deal little over blown I believe, has he got a hit yet?

MLBKING

Forum Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spartan, this move definitely makes more sense than Sexton. Hasn't Molina been decent filling in got to give Yankees credit , making efforts at least. Xavier deal little over blown I believe, has he got a hit yet?

Nady went 2 for 4 today with 2 RBI's and 2 runs scored. I like this move for the Yanks as well

BleedDodgerBlue

Admin
Forum Member
Feb 12, 2004
los angeles
I'll take an experienced catcher who plays great defense and throws out runners consistently.
And a 295 average doesn't hurt either so how is it a losing proposition for the yanks.
Probably a 2 month rental for the rest of the season.
I won't miss Farnsworth even though he was having a good year.

yanks need arms. albeit imo it is an upgrade from molina or whoever else they throw out there with posada gone at the plate, it isn't a big upgrade at all behind the plate. and you lose a guy in an already depleted bullpen who was as you say having a pretty good year.

detroit gets a headcase and loses an all-star catcher who has handled every pitcher on their staff for the last 3 years for a guy who hasn't worked much with any of them.

yanks need a starting pitcher badly, and maybe they ship pudge and someone else like a melky cabrera or someone for a starter. End the Darrel Rasner experiment.....it isn't working.

yanks can still see the postseason, but they aren't gonna sniff it without one more quality starter who can at least give them 5 or 6 and give that bullpen some kind of rest since it will be short.

just my opinion

gl

spartan

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Long Island
The deadline is tomorrow 4pm so the wheeling & dealing isn't over yet, as for a starter.
Since the yanks picked up Marte, Farnsworth became a "chip".
The bullpen has done well lately, they needed a catcher who could give them some more hits and Pudge was the best choice.

The Mover

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Detroit,Mi
Hate to lose Pudge especially in defense his offense is no big loss... that 295 ave is deceiving ( very soft) only 32 rbi & obp is not that great. Inge as a replacement will do fine he has caught almost everyone on the team . batting is poor. We needed a closer really bad Jones out, rodney & zumaya headcases. Farmsworth can only help! Go Tigers!

Bet on MyBookie