You don't have to play on ASU - But I wouldn't bet ON Arizona

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
There is this fallacy that U of A has turned the corner with their spread offense and whatnot.

Crap.

Look at this three game win streak.

They were actually outgained against U-Dub at U-Dub in yardage...but that isn't the big issue as as much as HOW MANY yards they gave up - 569 to a decent offense. That is awful. They shouldn't of lost this game, but they it could of easily went either way. Big deal.

Against UCLA they were playing everybody's favorite QB in Osaar Rashaan, who could be the worst QB in Division 1 (Actually, scratch that. The worst QB in division one is next)...U of A actually probably played its best offensive game of the season here, as UCLA is not bad defensively. This game is not a big deal either way considering the QB and being at home, but impressive offensively, I will give them that.

Then they play Oregon where Dixon gets hurt, only to be replaced by the worst QB in division one, Brady Leaf. Once Dixon got injured it was curtains - But The key thing here is they only racked up 322 yards of offense against a bad defensive team, so it seems that UCLA game was an anomaly. They had a punt and an interception return, and if you take those away its 20 points against a bad defense.

And if you want to add playing SC close, that was due to Mark Sanchez and injuries all over the defense.

ASU is a tough play b/c they are laying 7 points in a rivalry game off that emotional letdown of a ass kicking by USC. But DE should have them up for this game as it could mean the Fiesta Bowl. USC completely got them out of their comfort zone by dominating the line of scrimmage defensively - U of A doesn't have the talent to do the same - Not even close.

Dont be fooled by U of A is all I am saying.

What is interesting to me is that there is NO WAY this game should be a pickem if the game was at U of A - And if you factor in home field advantage (3 points generally) thats what you should get.

ASU is the better team that should be 10-13 point favorites I believe, but there is INFLATED LINE VALUE b/c of U of A's three game win streak and ASU's National TV domination at the hands of SC last week.

Play the over or play ASU - Thats all I am saying.

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005
I have made a ton of money off AZ St this year and I agree with your post. They caught a talented angry prepared USC team last week. Other than that, they have played solid football all year. AZ got pushed around a lot of that game but Brady Leef is the worst and the outcome is somewhat decieving. I'm taking AZ St.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
I've looked at this game quite a bit and I can't understand for the life of me why ASU is only -6'. I really thought they would be laying 2 TDs. U of A isn't very good at all and ASU, although they have cooled off a bit, are a pretty damn good team. Plus they're playing at home in a rivalry game. Line seems WAY off to me...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005
Glenn,

I don't know if they even cooled off. Not many teams can play with USC when they have their chit together. That was the first complete game they played in a long time.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Glenn,

I don't know if they even cooled off. Not many teams can play with USC when they have their chit together. That was the first complete game they played in a long time.

When I said cooled off I didn't just mean last week. I meant that in the last 3 weeks they're 1-2, and the one game that they won was a squeaker against a banged-up UCLA team starting their 4th string QB. Having said that, I still think they're infinitely better than the Wildcats.

GL...

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
keep believing the asu hype

they played an sec schedule....that is....nobody out of conference and all at home, easiest teams in the conf first, mostly at home, the two good teams they played they lost to (sc and ore), the two above avg teams they played (cal and ucla) they struggled with....and sorry, but ua faced the ucla qb in the second half of that game and had no game film on him where as asu had a week to prepare for him and STILL struggled to beat ucla the following week, and asu beat cal thanks to the weekly longshores 4th quarter implosion.

i was on asu most of the early part of the season as they were a covering machine vs the crap on their schedule, but thanks to injuries and the meat of their schedule in nov they are now who i thought they were......the same team as arizona.

line is surprising at 6.5/7?
good, hammer away at asu
i will be on arizona + and arizona money line

it's fairly common knowledge that once the pres and ad came out and said publically that stoops wasnt going anywhere and would be back that stoops lighented up the load and stress level at practices.......this freed up the players to go play.....they finally have and have a 3 game win streak to show for it.......are there still holes? yes, but our major weakness (d-line and pressure) plays right into asu weakness (pass protection + judy holding the ball waaaay too long) so i expect that to cancel each other out.

i expect a close game and expect stoops to play free wheeling (like dirk diggler did in asu upset last year.....as a dog)

:00hour

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sneek

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2006
this is the exact situation the ASU/UA game was last year. Except ASU is far better off with Erickson than Koetter. UA got hot and was on a winning streak going into the ASU game. they have a chance to go to a bowl game if they win just like last year. The results was ASU going into the game at UA mind you and handing it to them, This year ASU is a far better team and they are playing at home with its 3rd straight sellout. I see the results being the same as well ASU is playing for much more than a shitty bowl with a chance to go to a BCS game. See this being a run away victory for ASU. The Fact is simple ASU is a better team with better coaches and a lot at stake those combined should be enough to handle a mediocre UA sqaud

42-17 ASU

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
this is the exact situation the ASU/UA game was last year. Except ASU is far better off with Erickson than Koetter. UA got hot and was on a winning streak going into the ASU game. they have a chance to go to a bowl game if they win just like last year. The results was ASU going into the game at UA mind you and handing it to them, This year ASU is a far better team and they are playing at home with its 3rd straight sellout. I see the results being the same as well ASU is playing for much more than a shitty bowl with a chance to go to a BCS game. See this being a run away victory for ASU. The Fact is simple ASU is a better team with better coaches and a lot at stake those combined should be enough to handle a mediocre UA sqaud

42-17 ASU

arent both teams 3-2 over the past 6 weeks playing the exact same 5 teams in the conference????

:shrug:

this game wont be a blowout!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sneek

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2006
GIN,

records mean nothing in a game like this. Just saying what i think better players ,better coaches, ASU has a lot at stake, and homefield. Think thats adds up to a big win for them. I could be wrong but well find out. ASU -7

42-17 ASU

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
arent both teams 3-2 over the past 6 weeks playing the exact same 5 teams in the conference????

:shrug:

this game wont be a blowout!

First off there are lies, damn lies and statistics - And that stat I can wipe my ass with. First off, its a lie - You played Stanford in the last 5 and ASU played Cal.

That "little" fact of the Heisman trophy winner going down in a game U of A won has a little to do with that win, dont you think? You are brain dead if you think UA wins that game if Dixon plays the entire game.

As for the UCLA game - they didn't score one offensive touchdown - Special teams were bad but that is more unpredictable than anything - So I dont know about struggling AT the Rose Bowl where they always are tough to beat. UA PLAYED THEM AT HOME.

But this is a shock, a U of A fan talking trash after his team wins 3 in a row...albeit against Brady Leaf and Osaar Rashaan, two guys that are the worst QB's in division 1-A, no question.

I will leave the U of A fan with this - WHICH TEAM IS THE BEST WIN ON THE SCHEDULE?

Dont say Oregon without Dixon. Dont say UCLA with Rashaan -

You got NAU, WAZZU at home and Washington (who rang up 569 yards of offense. Just as a reference - ASU held them to 288 yards....and had the same yardage on offense as your vaunted spread attack.

So, UW was probably the best win.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
and asu's best win would be????

ucla-guess not since we also beat them and you played them with the same terribe qb
wazzu-guess not since we also beat them
probably osu or uw.....at home as usual.

my answer would really be keeping ericson out of the drunk tank all yea....a true accomplishment but watch out tonight on mill avenue as the big e likely has an open tab somewhere.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SKEETER1

SKEETER1
Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Phoenix
Weather alert here in Phoenix

Weather alert here in Phoenix

Just to let you guys know that since 4pm it has been raining with almost an inch. The weather men (as well as my dopler...I trust) they are expecting 3 inches if not more. Rain is to continue throughout the night and tomorrow. Granted it has not rained much here this year but for this area it is a lot. Thunderstoms, heavy rain, are forecasted for tomorrow night. The field will be sloppy much like the Steelers Mon nite gm. GL guys

Destructor D

Destructor
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Did anyone watch Arizona State tackle on Turkey Day? The Sun Devils are a HORRID defensive team and I'm not surprised by the line being 6.5 to 7.

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
gjn - still didnt answer the question of your best win -

Actually, I would say Cal or Oregon State was the best win for ASU...and by the way - THIS GAME IS AT SUN DEVIL

USC is just better than ASU - But you can't dismiss the other games when they played solid D when ASU is playing ARIZONA - Who doesn't have nearly the skill positions (not even close) as SC does.

Dont be fooled by U of A. Anything can happen in a rivalry game - But ASU is better all around, no doubt.

If ASU turns the ball over 2 or 3 times than U of A can win - But if U of A turns the ball over 2 or 3 times ASU will kill them.

SKEETER1

SKEETER1
Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Phoenix
Weather, 2 hrs til kickoff

Weather, 2 hrs til kickoff

Isolated showers tonight. The wind has picked up to 20mph. Its cold here for Phoenix Temp 54degrees and will be in the 40's at game time. That may not be cold to many of you but 3-4 days ago it was in the 80's so a huge drop in temp. It drizzled all day to go along w/the heavy rains of yesterday and last night. If the field is like our roads here, there is NO drainage LMAO.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ageecee

Forum Member
Aug 17, 1999
Louisiana
Isolated showers tonight. The wind has picked up to 20mph. Its cold here for Phoenix Temp 54degrees and will be in the 40's at game time. That may not be cold to many of you but 3-4 days ago it was in the 80's so a huge drop in temp. It drizzled all day to go along w/the heavy rains of yesterday and last night. If the field is like our roads here, there is NO drainage LMAO.

So with a wet field who will that favor? Who is the better rushing team?

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
gjn - still didnt answer the question of your best win -

Actually, I would say Cal or Oregon State was the best win for ASU...and by the way - THIS GAME IS AT SUN DEVIL

USC is just better than ASU - But you can't dismiss the other games when they played solid D when ASU is playing ARIZONA - Who doesn't have nearly the skill positions (not even close) as SC does.

Dont be fooled by U of A. Anything can happen in a rivalry game - But ASU is better all around, no doubt.

If ASU turns the ball over 2 or 3 times than U of A can win - But if U of A turns the ball over 2 or 3 times ASU will kill them.

there's that passionate fan base in phx.......sections of empty seats.

goooooooooo devils

:142smilie