ZAGS CALLS IT A CAREER!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
According to BBC He has called it a day. Hats off to the guy. I would have loved to have seen him fight Dawson but IMO it would have been a HUGE mistake. He had nothing left to prove. He won't go down as being better than the last 2 guys he beat but he's an all time great nonetheless. Thanks for a GREAT career. Also thx for getting me back the 5k I lost betting on Lacy! IMO the Kessler fight was his finest hour, having to deal with adversity and coming on strong to beat a very high quality opponent. Next would have to be the Lacy demolition and then perhaps the domination of a aged RJ. A great great career!

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Not many guys can just walk off when they are still able to perform at an exceptional level. Most will not heed to any slippage and bring the notion of denial to new heights. Most need to be pushed down and trampled and even then fighter's will bullshit themselves and carry on.

And in Joe's case it's got to be doubly hard because he is at the peak of his earning powers and to just let it go, it's got to be tough. But he has made great money and has his health in tact and must be very cerebral to walk away. He must understand that he doesn't have the desire anymore and is acting accordingly - and intelligently.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Thats really very very rare!

I think its the perfect move for him, though I would have taken a final farewell fight in Wales against an easy opponent if I were him.

Kramden, you are absolutely right, he could still have made a lot of money, but I really hate to see guy s like Roy Jones or Tyson fighting well past their prime....I think its not worth the money...these guys are really destroying their legacy...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
with bhop schooling pavlik,joe looks that much more impressive...

critics will always find that he needs"one more big fight"(i.e. dawson)....

f-ck that...

good for you,joe...great career...but stay retired..