Zurich Classic

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
Figured i'd get the thread up and here peoples thoughts. I think you will need length here. Obviously Romero and Watney have it..
How will Kenny Perry fair this week?
This is also Danny Lee's first event as a pro..

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
by the way did anyone see anthony kim with barkley on the haney project :0corn

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlo0q_Q2AKU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlo0q_Q2AKU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Last edited:

scrub

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2003
Grand Junction Colorado
Ok what week last week a win by 10 strokes. But it is a new week and i dont feel great on my selections this week,but you never know.

Outrights

Moore 40-1 40 units
Austin 30-1 40 units
Petrovic 50-1 50 units
Duke 60-1 100 units
Quigley 80-1 50 units
Toms 30-1 100 units

Match-ups

Choi over Perry +165 2,000 units
Toms over Weir -110 8,800 units
Duke over Marino -110 5,500 units

glta this week

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
Biggest matchup in a while..

Watney +100 over Perry
KENNY PERRY: A lot of emotions, lot of tears shed, lot of smiles, lot of celebration. I received almost over 600 emails. I received hundreds of cards and letters. People who genuinely cared.
And the letters all started out, I've never written a letter like this, but I just felt compelled to write to you.
A lot of them started that way. I had letters where I'm sitting here with my 7 and 10-year-old son, and you taught my kids a lot about sportsmanship. Just neat.
I haven't slept much. I told my manager, I said, this morning the alarm went off and scared me. It's the first time I've actually gotten into some deep sleep. So that was nice. I've been kind of wrestling around, waking up each and every minute, kind of reliving the last few holes of the masters.
But it was a good thing. I loved being in that situation. I actually felt this year I was ready to handle the situation. In the past I just felt like I wasn't prepared. Went in there very prepared. My goal was to win.
I went in there early like Friday of the week before, spent three days out on the golf course, working all the chipping areas and complexes, and got an awesome notebook for that golf course, if you ever need it.
But it's been a good day. It's been tough, and it's been hard. It had a lot of smells of the 1996 PGA when I lost to Mark Brooks, the ending did. But just the outpouring of fan support was mind boggling to me. It really was very up lifting.
KENNY PERRY: The personal moment was I drove home from Augusta. Got home about 4:00 in the afternoon on Monday afternoon. And I didn't sleep at all Monday night, and I got in my car about 5:00 a.m., and I just drove for about three hours. Just drove out to the countryside. You know, being thankful for everything after that that's happened to me. It really was.
I wasn't sorrowful, but I just contemplated for three hours just driving around in the country. I live in a small, rural town, it's a farming community, lot of cattle. Lot of horses, very peaceful, very serene. It was just kind of my time to just kind of reflect, and it was all very positive. It was good.
I mean, I still relived those last, you know, here I am for four days, you know, for hour upon hour, just playing beautiful golf. And then it all boils down to one little chip shot on the 71st hole. You know, I had it all all the way up to the last half hour of the tournament. You know, to be in control.
Q. Will it be difficult for you during the first round on Thursday to put all of that behind you and focus exclusively on the round at hand?
KENNY PERRY: Very difficult. I thought about not coming this week, but that wouldn't have been right for this tournament. You know, I really love coming here. I love the people here, and this is a great run event. And it's very relaxed and very peaceful place.
I think if it had been a high-stressed atmosphere, more of a major world event, I would have seriously considered kind of, you know, not coming. But this event to me, I love supporting it. They do such a great job.
They've had a lot of pain and heartache here with katrina hitting, and I just want to support this event and make it better, and they do a wonderful job. So Thursday morning or afternoon whenever I tee off it's going to be very difficult. It's going to be one of the hardest things I'm ever going to do. But for me the sooner I get back into it and get over it, the better it's going to be for me. So that's another way to look at it.
Q. When was the first time after the Masters that you picked up a club? Is that difficult at all? How did that go?
KENNY PERRY: I didn't pick up a golf club until Thursday. I actually played with two club pros, at Old Stone in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Two kids who are playing the Hooters Tour and who are struggling. We had a great day. We had a lot of laughs, lot of fun.
Like I said before, I was totally out of energy and whipped. The golf club just felt heavy. I was tired. But I knew I needed to get back into it. I needed to start swinging that club a little bit.
I have a weighted club that I'll swing at night in my room. But that was the only day I really played and hit balls. Then I showed up here on Monday, and yesterday hit a few balls yesterday afternoon. So I really haven't done much since the Masters has ended.

Last edited:

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
Also just pounded..

Williamson +100 over Ogilve

Joe pulled out last week due to a rib injury.. and has struggled here, cut 80 cut cut ... Williamson was playing well he did mc at his last pga event the shell but i think that was in part due to the unlucky tee time in rd 1. He played last week in the nationwide and was top 8 in putting and top 8 in driving distance and accuracy.

Love this one, like a fat kid loves the supersized combo from wendys

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
"He wants to play for Freddie (Couples) on the Presidents Cup team. He wants to maybe play on the Ryder Cup next. To do that, you can't be a flash in the pan, " Mike Watney said. "Back in college, when he was a far less experienced golfer, he worked hard at what he wanted. He wants to have challenges and goals, and when he has them, he meets them. That's what he's doing now."

The road continues this week with a return to the Zurich Classic and TPC Louisiana, a place he showed his vast potential two years ago.

"There is no question I'm excited to get back there, " Watney said. "I have some special vibes from that tournament and that area. It's great to get back there."

:0corn

Thats it for my picks this week.. I will probably be shaking all week hoping these joints cash, ya dig?

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
Ok what week last week a win by 10 strokes. But it is a new week and i dont feel great on my selections this week,but you never know.

Outrights

Moore 40-1 40 units
Austin 30-1 40 units
Petrovic 50-1 50 units
Duke 60-1 100 units
Quigley 80-1 50 units
Toms 30-1 100 units

Match-ups

Choi over Perry +165 2,000 units
Toms over Weir -110 8,800 units
Duke over Marino -110 5,500 units

glta this week

I dont like your outrights at all.. but i do like where your head is fading perry :toast: Although KJ has been brutal lately..
Not sure who i like to win. The course is long, real long.. the rough is minimal, i am not sure if any category sticks out. Although it would be cool to see Moore win rocking the headband
ryan-moore-425glf-013009.jpg
Best of luck on going back to back :toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Another Steve

Put Pete In
Forum Member
Jul 7, 2002
Benbrook
ODDS TO WIN ZURICH CLASSIC OF NEW ORLEANS DAVID TOMS +3300
ODDS TO WIN ZURICH CLASSIC OF NEW ORLEANS WOODY AUSTIN +3000
ODDS TO WIN ZURICH CLASSIC OF NEW ORLEANS TODD HAMILTON +5500

N WATNEY -140 (K PERRY vrs N WATNEY)
D TOMS -135 (D TOMS vrs KJ CHOI)
S STRICKER EV (S STRICKER vrs K PERRY)

Last edited:

BOBBYW

Forum Member
Jul 19, 1999
HENDERSON, NV
PLUS IT WOULD BE MOORE'S 1st WIN AND HOW MANY 1st TIME WINNERS DO WE SEE AT THESE TOURNEYS.....GOOD VALUE AT 52-1

Tommyjay

Forum Member
Jan 1, 2008
Sierra Mountains
Howell3 to win 51.00

I also liked Merrick, Austin, and Wilkinson. Merrick almost got the play, it was really close. The 30-1, I felt, was too low. The Master's hangover continues.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
outright:

Merrick +3000

72 holes:

Toms -123 over Choi
Verplank -126 over Hoffman
Glover -110 over Ames

I'm going attend Thursday, but will be tied up friday thru sunday at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

GL:weed:

Dallasbetgolf

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2009
I don't like betting on favorites because if I have to pick a winner out of 144 guys, I want a nice payday. Like the horse track, if the faves are coming in, then I'm losing.
For that reason, I am not betting on Watney, Stricker or Sabbatini.

5 plays across the board

Ian Poulter 30-1 win 15-1 place 7 1/2 show

Scott Verplank 30-1 win 15-1 place 7 1/2 show

J.B. Holmes 40-1 win, 20-1 place 10-1 show

Tim Petrovic 50-1 win 25-1 place 12 1/2 show

Charley Hoffman 50-1 win 25-1 place 12 1/2 show

best of luck to all you guys!

Last edited:

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
I don't like betting on favorites because if I have to pick a winner out of 144 guys, I want a nice payday. Like the horse track, if the faves are coming in, then I'm losing.
For that reason, I am not betting on Watney, Stricker or Sabbatini.

5 plays across the board

Ian Poulter 30-1 win 15-1 place 7 1/2 show

Scott Verplank 30-1 win 15-1 place 7 1/2 show

J.B. Holmes 40-1 win, 20-1 place 10-1 show

Tim Petrovic 50-1 wim 25-1 place 12 1/2 show

Charley Hoffman 50-1 win 25-1 place 12 1/2 show

best of luck to all you guys!

I like your thinking.. I think Boo is close also.:0corn

AK2009Masters

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2008
2 garbage plays this week ... went along with the n watney -125 vs k perry (agree from everything ive been reading, got a garbage price though) ... and s verplank -120 vs t hamilton (going against bettingzone's hamilton tout, but im not a fan of hamilton and he's one when you expect to do well i expect him not to) ... just played half a unit on each so taking this week lightly and looking forward to the next 2 when real golfers return ... gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DerrickTulips

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2008
Lucas Glover 35/1

This guy makes Allenby look like a closer, that being said, check out his recent play.. esp last 3 rounds last week, and look at his results here (although one year it was on a diff course).

35/1 is a joke, as it should be near 50/1 but with this field it aint all that bad.