Not a fan of rounding at BetAGame

Magking1

Forum Member
Oct 11, 2005
It really bleeds you , especiallly as a high volume smaller dollar bettor

If you like a fave at -102 you have to bet 11 to win 10 instead of $10.20 to win $10

If you like a dog at +119 you bet 10 and only win 11 instead of $11.90

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
May 26, 2002
Canada
This has been discussed before on here more than once......it ain't good, no other way to say it, it is just wrong. Just think how much "free money" they make a year with this practice, good for them, bad for their customers.

CrazyIvan24

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2004
Is Betagame under new management? How safe are they now? I was going to reload for the annual madjack contest.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

homedog

I'm trite!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2002
I was wondering the same. I always get excuses when I ask where he is. Always some bs like he's on vacation or he's taking care of other things. Hopefully it doesn't go south when you try to withdraw.

Jack, any comment from you on this?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
It really bleeds you , especiallly as a high volume smaller dollar bettor

If you like a fave at -102 you have to bet 11 to win 10 instead of $10.20 to win $10

If you like a dog at +119 you bet 10 and only win 11 instead of $11.90

This has been discussed before on here more than once......it ain't good, no other way to say it, it is just wrong. Just think how much "free money" they make a year with this practice, good for them, bad for their customers.

I won't re-up because if that.

It's disgusting.

It's a software thing that they don't have any control over. They don't own the software. Just be careful and watch your bet sizing, that glitch hasn't affected me at all.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Is Betagame under new management? How safe are they now? I was going to reload for the annual madjack contest.

I don't get communication from Will anymore. He was awesome. Is he still there??

I was wondering the same. I always get excuses when I ask where he is. Always some bs like he's on vacation or he's taking care of other things. Hopefully it doesn't go south when you try to withdraw.

Jack, any comment from you on this?

Will built the book from scratch and worked his ass off. Betagame has grown a lot and still growing and he isn't hands on like the old days. I still deal with the same guys I always dealt with and now they have a few new guys that I have spoken with on occasion. Betagame is fine.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
Magking1;n6910420 It really bleeds you said:
I opened an account and made a $500 deposit to get in the Mock Hilton contest.

When I started wagering, I found that rounding issue to be quite a surprise. As Jack says, if I multiply all my $25 bets by 10 so that they are $250 bets, you can avoid any issues even if the odds are -122 or the like. But when the wagers are less than $100, the rounding issue is a factor almost every time, unless you are willing to bump your stakes 10% or 15% or 20% more than you care to wager.

On the other hand, given that I received a 100% sign up bonus on my $500 deposit, the "give back" from this rounding issue is something I can live with, although if I still have funds left to withdraw by the time I meet the huge rollover requirement, I might be bled to death where the net result sucks up the bonus. But what is certain is that if I lose my deposit and free play funds, I would never re-deposit in the future without a similar 100% bonus to offset the rounding losses.

GL

Magking1

Forum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Anyway this is my honest and detailed review of BAG, this is the start of the 3rd season of FB to use them. I have made 6 smaller $200 deposits with them and one 1k this year.

To be very frank, Its not a horrible book but the MAIN reason I deposited with them multiple times over the last 3 years is that I dont have bit coin and they were the only book that takes pp.
My CC's are pretty tight when it comes allowing offshore charges plus when they go through Im hit with an international fee and once had to pay as a cash advance, so I dont use them to deposit anymore. perhaps I need to find better methods of funding.:shrug:

The bonus contests at MJ are nice and at least provides tons of action for a rec player like myself so cant complain about the value as an action junkie.......but if you can beat a 20x Free Play bonus then that in itself would be a hell of an accomplishment:0074

The rounding was much more tolerable past 2 years when the rollover requirements were smaller,
I have not been lucky enough to cash out yet (greed after beating wagering a couple times lol) but the 50 percent free play with 5x rollover seemed pretty fair, but that no longer exists.

Also they used to do -110 on halftime lines and now its -115....between the rounding and the inflated juice on HT and prop bets, its just brutal for a rec volume player like myself. Plus the first half lines are often not available for several days, seems like with -115 line there would be more leeway for errors.:shrug:

Now I dont get EXACTLY how the relationship works but assume the following are 3rd party providers where BAG and others pay a license to use?

The new live dynamic live 2 is not bad, I am amazed at some of the leagues they take action on and the spreads seem reasonable for live betting. Minor league baseball, 3x3 Baskets from Russia, Table Basketball, Manget Soccer...lol its crazy
If I could find streams for these events I would gamble ALL night.:bigun:

On the other hand , The dynamic 1 is a straight up grind house with massive juice on both sides, unplayable. -151Table /+105 type stuff, no thanks

The prop builder can be fun as well, mixing and matching various props and parlays...but I would caution that their pre-canned parlays are often purely designed to take advantage of newbies.
I understand having to adjust payouts for correlations but when you can take a team straight up for -110 but then add a prop that pays -115 on its own but when parlayed on a canned parlay only pays say +105, that is straight usury in my book.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I like BAG. I almost always bet $300 per game. I don't do a lot of volume, see my MLB thread. Is that a lot? I don't know. I don't care about rollover because I'm betting all year long anyway. It's free money. Absolutely stone cold free money. I don't need to settle every week or two or every month. Why? So I can make another transaction and deposit again? I'm pretty much a straight player, full game, no teasers, some parlays, occasional prop, nothing live. Customer service is the best out there. PP deposits are a big plus. They are the best book that I deal with. I use Intertops a lot too but i don't think they take US players anymore. And I use Bookmaker but not too much anymore. They are so big you're just a number there. Great book for the big players. You really have to look around at the different books and see if they have what you want.

mnm

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
Having a bit of a problem with BAG. Will was terrific. Service was outstanding. But now they have cut my limit in half! I politely asked to have my prior limit restored. Never had a problem there but the reply (which was *not* from Will) was "management has changed your limits." Then when I politely asked again for them to be raised they said "they have to remain." The limit on props is radically too low and really not worth my time. Very disappointed to have my limits on a *team* (because that is how they do it!) cut in half.

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
-105 vs -110 is huge, never bothered me with the rounding, you are paying 5% less vig

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Having a bit of a problem with BAG. Will was terrific. Service was outstanding. But now they have cut my limit in half! I politely asked to have my prior limit restored. Never had a problem there but the reply (which was *not* from Will) was "management has changed your limits." Then when I politely asked again for them to be raised they said "they have to remain." The limit on props is radically too low and really not worth my time. Very disappointed to have my limits on a *team* (because that is how they do it!) cut in half.

I can't step in and say anything to them about limits. I know you didn't ask me to either. They are not the book for you if you want high limits. They let me bet $1000 but I rarely bet $1000 on a game. I don't play props so never knew what the limits on props are. Live betting has low limits but you can bet it over and over and over again.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Magking1

Forum Member
Oct 11, 2005
I can't step in and say anything to them about limits. I know you didn't ask me to either. They are not the book for you if you want high limits. They let me bet $1000 but I rarely bet $1000 on a game. I don't play props so never knew what the limits on props are. Live betting has low limits but you can bet it over and over and over again.

Well that has not been my experience on LIve 2

I gave it props for being fun a few weeks ago but litle did I know how wrong I was.

During Bama/Tex game I bet 50 on bama bet at halftime

Then later I tried to make a 20 bet live bet on TEx and said it had reached my EVENT limit.

Tried to make some other smaller bets on game but kept getting "event liimit reached"

Magking1

Forum Member
Oct 11, 2005
This defies logic to me.
In every Survivor pool people are being obliterated. Yet somehow in this free survivor pool at BAG 1184 out of about 1400 entries are still in:scared

canvas.png