Why?

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Turf Bush spent our money and put our soldiers in harms way fighting a wrong war. He was not and is not fight al-Qaeda. At a time when he was fighting the wrong war Bush increased the deficit by giving the people who least needed it a tax cut. There are two reasons why not to vote for him.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
StevieD said:
I am independent. I vote for whoever seems the more honest or who is saying the right things as I see it. Most times I find myself voting against someone rather than for someone. I do not blindly follow a party and do not understand why anyone would. I may lean more to one party on most issues.

Stevie, I agree with this entire post except I am registered Dem so I can vote in the local primaries.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
michaeljbird said:
http:// My grandfather as an example is a Democrat and would not consider voting for a Republican under any circumstances. What is so weird about it is he is a homophobic. He is an old fashioned male chauvinist. He's a rasict. But 1 day out of each year he goes to the voting booth and flick's button's that opposed everything he say's the other 364 day's.

So let me understand, your grandfather is all of the above but votes democrat every year, making him a Republican because he is homophobic, racist, and a male chauvinist.

I see, very objective view, I guess you better chalk me up with your grandfather, except on voting day. :rolleyes: :shrug: :nono: :bs:

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
Sorry to repeat myself, but I can't help it, every time I read one of stevie's posts, I'm cryin here it's so funny:

My God Stevie you are absolutely the funniest SOB I have every seen, unbelievable that you actual believe the crap you write :142smilie :142smilie :142smilie

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Read the 9/11 Commission. We were fighting them in Afaghanastan but there was no connection between Iraq and al-Qaeda. Maybe you guys know of one the commision couldn't find. If so you could tell Bush and Cheney then they could have a reason for attacking Iraq they could stick with.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
bullshit the 9/11 commision said there WAS a connection between Iraq and Al queada

and if you dont believe it.....you can see it for your very eye on the news every night

ironlock

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2000
BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!
kosar said:
"

Good post, Lock, but your last sentence says it all and pretty much negates the whole point, at least regarding *this* election. And your other post with your list is kind of puzzling as well, given Ashcroft and all.

Thanks Kosar! Actually, one party talks about minimum wage increases (95% of economists believe this is negative, foremost for the people that it intends to help...), one party talks about tax increases (an economic strain). You have clearly swallowed, hook and line, and democratic philosophy that tax cuts are "spending"...lol. Yeah, failing to TAKE my money is somehow government "SPENDING"....what a joke, and this is repeated day in day out.

So no, on balance...Bush and the Republicans are clearly the better choice based on mathematical law in economic principles.

As far as the meddling with control over my personal life, and your reminder of Ashcroft and the Patriot act, I agree that this is really the only area that Bush is vulnerable in this election, simply because this enrages republicans more than it does democrats.

But here is the difference in my eyes, I sincerely believe that these infringements have been imposed as the result of terrosist threat, while the intentions of the democrat's infringements are simplly the result of their willingness to impose their vision of the how people should live and think on my life.

This to me is quite simple.

Later.

Iron.,

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
ctownguy said:
So let me understand, your grandfather is all of the above but votes democrat every year, making him a Republican because he is homophobic, racist, and a male chauvinist.

I see, very objective view, I guess you better chalk me up with your grandfather, except on voting day.

I'm proud of you. At least you admit you are a "homophobic, racist, and a male chauvinist."

Not that it really needed to be stated, but nonetheless nice to see a guy step up to the plate and admit his faults and bigotry.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
my parents, grandparents, uncles,aunts, etc all voted democcratic because they felt that the dems were for the average worker & were pro union.

at family gatherings a few of my cousins & i used to get into some heated debates with the older crowd when we urged them to look at the individual candidate instead of just voting in the democratic column.

only a handful of times did my parents vote republican. but they kept it quiet.(lol)

michaeljbird

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2002
Little Rock,Ar.
bjfinste said:
I'm proud of you. At least you admit you are a "homophobic, racist, and a male chauvinist."

Not that it really needed to be stated, but nonetheless nice to see a guy step up to the plate and admit his faults and bigotry.

I was a little freaked out when I read that myself. I guess I did read it right.