2016-17 Hippo-Phart NFL Contest Coming Soon! *Unofficial Signup Page*

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Let's lighten the burden on Bart and get the ball rolling. I don't know where we will be sending our entry fees, but no reason to let that stop us from getting signups and bugging IE to create the Hippo forum in the contests area.

For those that have played before, they know the rules. For new people, it's fairly simple and fun. Make 3 NFL picks every week, with the option of doubling the value on one of them. Sides and totals included. A sample pick would basically look like this:

Seahawks -6.5 X2
Giants +3.5
Falcons/Redskins Over 44.5

The contest extends into postseason and values increase, so there's always a chance to make a great comeback and finish in the money!

I think the fee has only been $20 or maybe $25 last few years. I'd like to propose an increase to $30. Maybe some old timers can provide some input on this idea....? Personally I think it's time for the money in this contest to keep up with the price of booze.

IE - please start our forum
Bart - get back to us with where to send our money when you have a chance
Everyone Else - go ahead and signup here for now

:chairshot :chairshot

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
I am in. And since this is the best contest on the net I support a higher fee for higher prizes.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
I nominate penguin fan to call Smurphy every week to remind him to put in his picks so he doesn't get disqualified in the last 3 weeks of the season. :0008

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
I nominate penguin fan to call Smurphy every week to remind him to put in his picks so he doesn't get disqualified in the last 3 weeks of the season. :0008

Fuck Smurphy.

Keep in mind before sending money to this guy that he loves drama on the forum. Nothing causes more drama than missing money.

Buyer beware.

Amethyest

Myth Legend
Forum Member
Apr 15, 2001
Now that I'm warmed up

Now that I'm warmed up

In....Looking forward to this....:toast:

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Fuck Smurphy.

Keep in mind before sending money to this guy that he loves drama on the forum. Nothing causes more drama than missing money.

Buyer beware.

? Seriously? Pretty outrageous thing to say. Why are u so angry? Smurphy is a great guy.

Amethyest

Myth Legend
Forum Member
Apr 15, 2001
I just seen this on my tap A longer....The Nfl is starting soon....( oh I know when true football started Kick ) let's all try to make it there....( Smile )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tcas

Forum Member
May 8, 2008
FL
teasers an option this year.......:SIB

egtt2v.jpg

IN

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Fuck Smurphy.

Buyer beware.

That's the spirit! :00hour Last year's contest was far too civil, and frankly not true to the original spirit of the old Hippo-Kramer created a decade ago. Welcome aboard Penguin! :toast:

Bet on MyBookie