A free betting tool from a MadJacks member

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Leggyguy

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2001
server41.hypermart.net
So I can't give the members of MadJacks a free betting tool?

The link wasn't a betting website, it was just a link to the calculator I created in my spare time, which was free to everyone.

Is this not allowed?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Nov 1, 2001
You are using the forum to promote your website.

It's called spamming.

Email Jack, I'm sure he would have done the same thing. He should be back later this afternoon.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Leggyguy

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2001
server41.hypermart.net
I genuinely am not trying to spam or create a problem for MadJacks.

If the admins here would rather I not provide a link to my free calculator, then I guess I won't.

For those who missed the link I posted, I will mail Jack and see how he would prefer I post it.

When I hear back from him, I will repost the link as he suggests. It is a fairly good, professional quality program (I was a programmer by trade for several years). I am sure some people here would find it useful.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
LG,

I know you are frustrated over this, but I did read the original text of your post, and you did mention soething to the effect that this was a sort of "test" version, and a better version would be available soon for a price......I am guessing that's where the moderators stepped in.

Leggyguy

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2001
server41.hypermart.net
Perhaps.

I actually said it "may" come out for a price. The chances are that it won't, and even if it did, the version I linked to was and would remain free. The version I would release at a cost would be significantly different.

Ah well, never mind.

Heater

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2002
So if I have a free site that could benefit members of Madjacks, I can't post it? Is this correct?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
heater, that's correct.

no advertising and no posting links. what's so hard to understand about that?

i go through this every single day.

here's a discussion we had yesterday.
http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38320

you want to exchange links? we have a 'links' section for that.

and, Heater? 1st time posting with an email addy that is crsucks@xxxx.xxxx

i'm sure you're here to help (sarcastic)

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
the number of weasels out there never ceases to amaze me.....

you guys are a bunch of lying, dishonest, rats.....

Heater

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2002
Well on its face, everything is wrong with it. Suppose I found a very interesting story about Archie Karras (a gambler) and the story was on a site that didn't compete with you (say they sold cigars).

So I come in here and post the link:Not A Link

Now I am not advertising my site, or a site that competes with you. But you will come behind me and remove that link!? :nono:

Links to gambling related topics on CNN? Surely you don't imagine that I am Steve Case shilling for CNN.

Why do you think they put the "http://" in the Forum Software? :confused:

It seems to me that you are engaged in a practice you imagine will keep your readers captive. You wall them off from any outside information. Strange given the power of the internet.

Jack - don't jump to any conclusions over my email address. I'm here like anybody else - to read, observe and contribute.

Yeah - I checked out the links - all "lesser" sites. Coincidence?

dr. freeze - who's a lying, dishonest, rat? I don't think you mean me - after all this is my first post and I am not shilling for anyone. :shrug:

I understand you don't want the place full of touts and wild claims, but the posting forums at BW (I guees I can't mention the names either) and MW aren't over run with that sort of thing.

The forum denizens are wise enough to ignore, if not scorn, these types.

Hey - just my .02

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
yes you are.....you have an agenda, and are trying to deceive people into believing that you don't.....that is dishonesty....

some people will admit that they lie when they are caught, and the true rats will attempt to continue to deceive

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
Well on its face, everything is wrong with it. Suppose I found a very interesting story about Archie Karras (a gambler) and the story was on a site that didn't compete with you (say they sold cigars).

that's fine. i've just gone over this topic so many times, i guess i should have been more specific and said 'no competing sites'

and, i'm not overly critical about the rule. look around, you'll see links posted. i just don't want competing sites and touts dominating the forums.

this should not be so hard to understand.

you understand exactly what i mean. let's not pick it apart.

thanks

Heater

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2002
Dr. Freeze - please tell me what my agenda is?

I haven't told a single lie, much less be caught in one?

So back up your claims there Doctor. What was the lie I was supposed to have told?

C'mon now don't be shy!

Leggyguy

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2001
server41.hypermart.net
Jack has sent me an e-mail regarding this, and to be fair it was a very reasonable reply.

I can understand why he would want to keep links out of the forum.

I will request that Jack add the link to the "links" section, and let readers know when it is.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chopsticks

Fish Head
Forum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Arlington, TX (But a Missourian at heart)
dr. freeze,

I honestly hope you're not grouping everyone that posts a link as a dishonest rat. I too posted a link yesterday asking a legitimate question. Wasn't trying to advertise, and would not have had any benefit from it. Please be more careful when you generalize people. Thanks.

Heater

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2002
No Chopsticks not everyone, just new posters trying to get clarification on a policy before they post something.

I think Dr. Freeze want to be the Dr. Kevorkian of new posters. It's widely know that we have agendas, are rats and are dishonest.

My question wasn't to him, didn't concern him and yet he comes charging over the hill like the cavalry calling me a rat and a liar. I think he has some issues . . . I won't elaborate.

Ok - Ok I confess. I am shilling for the cigar company. The story is laced with subliminal text to give the reader a craving for a decent stogie.:D

C Ya