add this to your "to don`t " list

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
The last time I used the LIRR is when I went to see Motley Crue at the Garden.
What a fucking night so much pussy everywhere and it was nice to drink beer on the train.
Now they don't let you drink WTF.
This is why I don't ride the train and they can blow me with rate increases.
I'll ride in my caddy thank you bitches.
Deezy how you doing my brother :0008 :00hour :toast:

Doin' well Spartan. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.
I hear ya about those fares man. Every time I go back home, it feels like they've increased the fares again. What really pissed me off is that they recently bumped the 1-day unlimited "fun pass." That's my bread and butter when I'm in town for a just a day or two running around the city visiting friends and family. I remember when tokens were just a buck!

spartan

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Long Island
Doin' well Spartan. Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.
I hear ya about those fares man. Every time I go back home, it feels like they've increased the fares again. What really pissed me off is that they recently bumped the 1-day unlimited "fun pass." That's my bread and butter when I'm in town for a just a day or two running around the city visiting friends and family. I remember when tokens were just a buck!

Like you said this hurricane didn't help to improving the system but it seems like even the LIRR is out to rape the public.
How are you and your fiance doing she is lucky to have you :0074
Well I'm wishing the best for both of you make it last my man.

Reactions: DZ

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Like you said this hurricane didn't help to improving the system but it seems like even the LIRR is out to rape the public.
How are you and your fiance doing she is lucky to have you :0074
Well I'm wishing the best for both of you make it last my man.

Thanks Spartan! Yea, everything is great with us. I appreciate all the kind thoughts.
Stay warm and dry out there on LI. I see you guys are gonna get some rain, possibly snow this weekend.

spartan

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Long Island
Thanks Spartan! Yea, everything is great with us. I appreciate all the kind thoughts.
Stay warm and dry out there on LI. I see you guys are gonna get some rain, possibly snow this weekend.

Don't believe the hype it's actually going to be nice and 50's :00hour
Some crazy ass weather huh but tonight it's going to be in the 20's :sadwave:
Just keep the big snowstorm away and send some cali sunshine this way brother :0008

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I don't think it's aesthetics or even safety that the concern. The fact is that the MTA has huge budget deficit that is growing by the year and a pretty substantial amount of debt to go with it. I know they were trying to levy a large amount to pay off their debt against property they own on the west side of Manhattan, which I'm not sure they ever sold (I don't know if anyone remembers when there was talk of a new NFL stadium possibly being built in Manhattan). Regardless, they are way over budget already on their current projects (a new line is going in on 2nd ave and other station improvements are ongoing) and the flooding from hurricane Sandy certainly didn't help things (draining and cleaning the rails of the corrosive seawater was a huge ordeal). To my knowledge, there are two stations that have rails, one being the South Ferry station, where the track and platform curve around, as that is the end of the line in lower Manhattan. Either way, it would be a huge project to install anything like that at every station (over 400 of 'em) and there would still be gaps in between the rails where the doors open to board the subway cars. I remember it was a huge deal during the Giuliani era when they installed little dividers on the wooden benches so that homeless people wouldn't be able to sleep on them at night (I always thought that pretty callous). I wouldn't be surprised if that project alone cost the MTA 10's of millions considering their record of inefficiency.

stimulus !!...lol.....yeah,i`m aware of the debt(and other more pressing matters like big gulp regulations and the all important video game ratings system)......

////:lol::toast:

zoomer

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Massapequa Park, NY USA
The last time I used the LIRR is when I went to see Motley Crue at the Garden.
What a fucking night so much pussy everywhere and it was nice to drink beer on the train.
Now they don't let you drink WTF.
This is why I don't ride the train and they can blow me with rate increases.
I'll ride in my caddy thank you bitches.
Deezy how you doing my brother :0008 :00hour :toast:

Spartan, have you taken the last train out of Penn Station? (the appropriately named drunk train)
If you have , you'll understand why they banned it. LOL. I live in Massapequa Park(the Babylon line) Where on the Island are you?

spartan

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2001
Long Island
Spartan, have you taken the last train out of Penn Station? (the appropriately named drunk train)
If you have , you'll understand why they banned it. LOL. I live in Massapequa Park(the Babylon line) Where on the Island are you?

Dude why not let the cool people like me have some alcohol on the ride to the city. Yeah so I went to the bathroom to snort some snow but I was a gentleman when I came out. I guess I am the exception and don't treat people like shit and I'm very polite. Did I tell you just how much I love the ladies :00hour
In all seriouness I'm clean now and still love the women :0074
That night I took the Hicksville train to the Garden.
Still in Farmingdale by the way not too far neighbor :toast:

zoomer

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Massapequa Park, NY USA
Dude why not let the cool people like me have some alcohol on the ride to the city. Yeah so I went to the bathroom to snort some snow but I was a gentleman when I came out. I guess I am the exception and don't treat people like shit and I'm very polite. Did I tell you just how much I love the ladies :00hour
In all seriouness I'm clean now and still love the women :0074
That night I took the Hicksville train to the Garden.
Still in Farmingdale by the way not too far neighbor :toast:

My wife is from Farmingdale. Yoakum Avenue.
I watch football at Croxleys and golf at Bethpage. Guess you probably do too:toast:

Bet on MyBookie