Alexander Ovechkin

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Met this guy at an auto show in DC where I was working in DC before his rookie season (he was signing autographs, but not too many people were interested, more interest in a few Redskins who were there). Real down to earth, was joking that he just bought a house in the Potomac and hadn't had time to furnish it so he was pretty much using a sleeping bag in there :) A couple years later he's a hockey superstar, has come out with his own clothing line as well looks like. I went to a caps game a year back and he can sure play. Looks like he has it good too...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Ovechkin-chats-about-summer-trips-Patrick-Kane-;_ylt=Au_TsIrfro8zPb9lboG.uGE5nYcB?urn=nhl,184399

kneifl

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Alexander Ovechkin is great dude. Just like almost all NHL players, he's fan friendly and a nice guy. Unlike NBA and NFL, NHL guys are actually solid people.

Ovey is a crazy dude, and one amazing hockey player, maybe even the best player on the planet.

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
I like hockey, great sport to go watch. Been to a few caps games at the MCI center and they're very fun to watch.

kneifl

I have never been to one live, I only watch when its the finals and thats the last game or two

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
For what its worth I have never met anyone who has gone to a pro hockey game and not like it. If you want to bash hockey that's one thing, but go watch a pro game LIVE, you will enjoy yourself.

We Canadians know hockey and it is the best sport on earth, when you are born you come out with a hockey stick in your hands. With that being said hockey does not translate well to television. Unless you know the sport, it is difficult to watch a game on tv, so I can see why many have not been turned on to the NHL. But as I said if you watch a game live (at ice level) you will see just how tough a sport and exciting a sport it is. And I'll say this no sport has tougher athletes then hockey players you would not believe all the crap that goes on on the ice.

Point being watch a game live, then bash the sport.

As for Alexander Ovechkin, he is one of the most talented sports figures on the planet.

And Cie Grant, not sure why you are "rolling your eyes"? Almost all NFL and NBA players are a bunch of scumbags that could care less about their teamates or their own mothers for that matter. Bunch of scumbag spoiled thugs, not all, but most. Ask any members of the sports media who they like to deal with. Almost all of them will say NHL players, there is a reason for that. I am not saying every single NHL player is a saint, but compared to NBA and NFL, NHL athletes are saints.

Last edited:

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
For what its worth I have never met anyone who has gone to a pro hockey game and not like it. If you want to bash hockey that's one thing, but go watch a pro game LIVE, you will enjoy yourself.

We Canadians know hockey and it is the best sport on earth, when you are born you come out with a hockey stick in your hands. With that being said hockey does not translate well to television. Unless you know the sport, it is difficult to watch a game on tv, so I can see why many have not been turned on to the NHL. But as I said if you watch a game live (at ice level) you will see just how tough a sport and exciting a sport it is. And I'll say this no sport has tougher athletes then hockey players you would not believe all the crap that goes on on the ice.

Point being watch a game live, then bash the sport.

As for Alexander Ovechkin, he is one of the most talented sports figures on the planet.

And Cie Grant, not sure why you are "rolling your eyes"? Almost all NFL and NBA players are a bunch of scumbags that could care less about their teamates or their own mothers for that matter. Bunch of scumbag spoiled thugs, not all, but most. Ask any members of the sports media who they like to deal with. Almost all of them will say NHL players, there is a reason for that. I am not saying every single NHL player is a saint, but compared to NBA and NFL, NHL athletes are saints.

I agree :yup, point well made.

kneifl

Jabberwocky

Forum Member
Mar 3, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
kick, I know hockey is a great game, just don't call our vehicular manslaughtering nfl players bad citizens. i think soccer is alot like hockey, you have to to be there to really appreciate the beauty of the game.

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
will agree with kickserv, watching it live is great, going to see the oilers for the first time this year. against the hawks should be good, have seen the leafs play.

some games are better than others, some are great some like paint drying.

hockey is not dead, though the commish and league govenors are for the most part morons.

still NHL will be back on ESPN, and ratings which could not get any lower will come back. on most sports sites, that report on the major sports the nhl hit are among the highest.

they need to put another team in Canada, and reduce ticket prices, also enourage cheaper equipment for parents to afford the game.

thanks
selkirk

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
chicks like him for his looks ;)

ept_sports_nhl_experts-310075439-1250872875.jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Those rabbit ears on your 12" black and white TV won't cut it. Call Direct TV and get a dish mounted to your trailer....:jerkit:

I have 46 inch LCDHD with directv

I grew up in Texas, only sports worth mentioning are football, basketball and baseball, soccer is getting bigger by the day with all the illegals we have here, the houston paper now has a section about fuckin soccer, a kids game... its too fuckin hot to play hockey here, I want to go to a game live and maybe I would like it then

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Hmmm......if I am flipping channels and I see an NBA game - I stop and watch - for a while at least.

regular season, I might if its 2 mins left or less and tied or very close, otherwise I only watch the playoffs:shrug:

Bet on MyBookie