Forum Member
Jun 22, 2005
An apology from a Three Star Marine Corps General

Simper Fi

This "Letter of Apology" was written by Lieutenant General Chuck Pitman, US

Marine Corps, Retired:

"For good and ill, the Iraqi prisoner abuse mess will remain an issue. On
the one hand, right thinking Americans will abhor the stupidity of the
actions while on the other hand, political glee will take control and fashion this
minor event into some modern day massacre.

I humbly offer my opinion here:

I am sorry that the last seven times we Americans took up arms and
sacrificed the blood of our youth, it was in the defense of Muslims
(Bosnia, Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait, etc.).

I am sorry that no such call for an apology upon the extremists came after
9/11.

I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were Islamic Arabs.

I am sorry that most Arabs and Muslims have to live in squalor under savage

dictatorships.

I am sorry that their leaders squander their wealth.

I am sorry that their governments breed hate for the US in their religious
schools, mosques, and government-controlled media.

I am sorry that Yassar Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country and
high-jacked the Palestinian "cause."

I am sorry that no other Arab country will take in or offer more than a
token amount of financial help to those same Palestinians.

I am sorry that the USA has to step in and be the biggest financial
supporter of poverty stricken Arabs while the insanely wealthy Arabs blame
the USA for all their problems.

I am sorry that our own left wing, our media, and our own brainwashed
masses do not understand any of this (from the misleading vocal elements of our
society like radical professors, CNN and the NY TIMES).

I am sorry the United Nations scammed the poor people of Iraq out of the
"food for oil" money so they could get rich while the common folk suffered.

I am sorry that some Arab governments pay the families of homicide bombers
upon their death.

I am sorry that those same bombers are brainwashed thinking they will
receive 72 virgins in "paradise."

I am sorry that the homicide bombers think pregnant women, babies,
children, the elderly and other noncombatant civilians are legitimate targets.

I am sorry that our troops die to free more Arabs from the gang rape rooms
and the filling of mass graves of dissidents of their own making.

I am sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any other
group.

I am sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to seize control of
Iraq and return it to a terrorist state.

I am sorry we don't drop a few dozen Daisy cutters on Fallujah.

I am sorry every time terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy Site."

I am sorry they didn't apologize for driving a jet into the World Trade
Center that collapsed and severely damaged Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox
Church - one of our Holy Sites.

I am sorry they didn't apologize for flight 93 and 175, the USS Cole, the
embassy bombings, the murders and beheadings of Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl,
etc....etc!

I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a medium sized village
in Africa.

America will get past this latest absurdity. We will punish those
responsible because that is what we do.

We hang out our dirty laundry for the entire world to see. We move on.
That's one of the reasons we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff
like all those Arab countries that are now demanding an apology.

Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we
were like - so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it
was wrong, sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we
were trying to kill these same prisoners. Now we're supposed to wring our hands
because a few were humiliated?

Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own people
killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating Fallujahans.

If you want an apology from this American, you're going to have a long
wait!

You have a better chance of finding those seventy-two virgins.

Chuck Pitman Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret)

?HVDesigns 2003
Visit My Website
Artwork Unknown

Created in rememberance to those
that lost their lives in the tragic
event of September 11th 2001.
You shall always be remembered
in our hearts.
Created by a Brit who cares
for his fellow friends in the U.S.A.
* GOD BLESS *

" Divided By Sea, United By Strength "

Font - ViceroyJF
11th September 2003

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
I'm sorry that we live in a divided country where the will of the American voting majority is not respected by the rest of the country. That is exactly what the terrorists want and the outspoken anti-Bush liberals are allowing it to happen. Everytime Ted Kennedy says Bush has started an illegal war and that Iraq is a god-awful mess - it empowers the terrorists. Everytime John Kerry says "this is the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time" - it empowers the terrorists. Everytime Sen Durbin compares our brave servicemen to Nazis - it empowers the terrorists. Everytime CNN forces the American soldier deathtoll down our throats every hour on the hour - it empowers the terrorists. The jihadist set the trap and the liberals took it hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Marco

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2003
"empowering the terrorists"...

You make it sound like the terrorists would just give up if 100% of the population agreed with each other....

You think the terrorists would just drop thier weapons and hold hands with everyone else if the rest of the world agreed with this war?

If you took a poll across the world I think you would find that child molesters would be the sickest entity on the planet, and there are still child molesters on this earth.....

NEWS FLASH: The terrorists don't give a $hit how many cheerleaders are against them.

I'm sorry that we actually take the time out to fight these wars that all turn out the same, fighting for the freedoms of people who have been at war for centuries....

I'm sorry that we haven't learned a lesson from all these military actions and let them fight it out amongst themselves instead of burying our American youth with grandiose plans that fail time and time again.

I'm sorry to be a witness to schools and bridges built in the middle east with American taxpayer money while our schools and bridges in the once good ole USA are falling apart.

I'm sorry that democracy in Iraq and having warmongers vote trumps the evergrowing problem of the national debt and out of control health care costs in that same once good ole USA.

spibble spab

NEOCON
Forum Member
Apr 16, 2004
Concord, Michigan
if the honor of our military and our country is under question in
this thread which sounds like whats goin on in here, i am sickened.
shame on you all. get the f*ck out of my country.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Marco

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2003
"Nice selfish attitude. Is it safe to say you are a democrat?"

Actually apolitical, if you read any of the threads I've posted about voting....

Why is it whenever a divorced father spends money on his new girlfriend while his own kids go shoeless, that he's considered a deadbeat, yet when we have hundreds of billions of dollars to bankroll some government in Iraq at the same time social security is on the rocks here, it's perfectly acceptable?

It's about responsibility and accountability to the American taxpayer.

Time to take care of the USA and dump all the foreign leeches. :clap:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
well,marco....let the mullahs in iraq.....or hussein....or one of the other unstable leaders in the middle east go nuclear....

and maybe decide to finally settle the palestinian/israeli dispute....for good...you remember saddam lobbing scuds into israel during the gulf war?...while they did nothing?....if they hadn`t zapped that nuclear reactor france was providing saddam,it may well have been nukes thudding into israel...

....or just let terrorist proxies do it for them.....or do it here in the states...

watch who goes shoeless...and car-less...and heat-less...and textile-less....

and hope that it doesn`t cause ww3...

i honestly still don`t understand why europe,china,russia and liberals don`t understand that a nuclear war in the middle east causes everything to collapse...

life as we know it...

social security won`t mean shit....your girlfriend won`t mean squat...or your shoes...

the economy`s of most major industrialized nations would tank....

life as we know it could change for a very long time...

it has very little to do with our security...at least not as much with our security as with our quality of life and our standard of living....

what`s so hard to understand?

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
spibble spab said:
if the honor of our military and our country is under question in
this thread which sounds like whats goin on in here, i am sickened.
shame on you all. get the f*ck out of my country.

:clap: :clap:

spibble spab

NEOCON
Forum Member
Apr 16, 2004
Concord, Michigan
gardenweasel said:
well,marco....let the mullahs in iraq.....or hussein....or one of the other unstable leaders in the middle east go nuclear....

watch who goes shoeless...and car-less...and heat-less...and textile-less....

and hope that it doesn`t cause ww3...

i honestly still don`t understand why europe,china,russia and liberals don`t understand that a nuclear war in the middle east causes everything to collapse...

life as we know it...

social security won`t mean shit....your girlfriend won`t mean squat...or your shoes...

what`s so hard to understand?

very nice weasel!!

ocelot

Forum Member
May 21, 2003
Mount Shasta
Weasel, this may shock you but I agree with everything that the Marine said, whether he is fictional or not.

I also agree with Marco though about the likely futiity of trying to change these people and about the screwed up priorities of our government. I would agree with your point also weasel about terrorism being a primary danger - except Iraq was a diversion from more crucial anti-terrorism targets.

I haven't got a CLUE what spibspab is talking about - I didn't see anyone disrespecting this country or its military.

I haven't got a clue what Manson is talking about - because I got HIM on ignore.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Palehose

Forum Member
Jun 22, 2005
They just wont ever understand that everytime they say something bad about the war or focus on our losses the terrorist get exactly what they want. They want this division its the only thing that can possibly save them . Good Americans would let their troops do their job and make them feel like they are doing a good thing untill they get out of harms way . I dont expect them to agree or like it. They just need to shut up untill its over than they can scream ,moan, whine, and cry all they want without discouraging our troops and playing into the hands of the terrorists. :mad:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
sounds like the right is now whining every bit as much as the left. scapegoats abound for bad strategy and geographic ignorance. for the anti-war people who feel they will be proven correct, don't bother - the pro-war folks already have their excuses lined up: the liberal media didn't let them win. it really just proves that both sides love excuses for their own failures and neither will meet the other half-way in a reasonable manner.

i think we can do what's right in iraq from this point forward - but there's no way it realistically happens. we need COMPLETE dedication. i'm not talking about some stupid ass "power of pride" or yellow ribbon sticker on an suv. it starts with our jackass president being honest and upfront. then, we need more troops. the current ones are there too long - they seriously have burnout. we need more. one way or another, we need more.

we can't just level places. if that's what we resort to, then we've lost what our goal was. hell, if all we wanted to do was bomb the hell out of a place, we could have done that without ever putting one foot on iraqi soil. for some reason, we wanted the run the place. well, we can't do that by killing civilians. saddam did that for us for free.

so, let's do this. lets draft or whatever it takes. let's admit hopeless deficit for a very long time. let's ration fuel at home. let's tell ted kennedy to shut up. if we want to finish what our idiot leaders started, then let's friggin do it right.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
that shouldn't matter. we should have lines at all the recruiting offices. if we were serious about this effort, we'd have more young men and women eager to be a bumper sticker - or at leasted drafted into it.

BILLY DIDNT START THE WAR. the right has got to stop shifting blame away from this administration. we get nowhere with all this scapegoating.

Palehose

Forum Member
Jun 22, 2005
Doh ! So because Billy didnt start the war I shouldnt blame him for dumping our troops ???? Hello ? is anybody home ?? ...I didnt think so !

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
What exactly did he do that was "dumping the troops"? If your talking about base closings, that was voted on by the Republicans every bit as much as Clinton.

And regardless, all of that needs to play into the gameplanning by the current administration. They can't run off and start crap that they are unable or unwilling to properly accomodate.

Excuses - these are just the endless excuses for anything that doesn't go well. Who is it that sent us there? Who made the orders? Who sold the case to the US on a pile of misleading garbage? Who did all that? Bill Clinton? Come on, man.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Palehose

Forum Member
Jun 22, 2005
He cut over 400,000 from our active troops ...and yes just as Reagan was leaving and during George Sr's term they cut bases and troops due to the end of the cold war ...Reagan adamently warned of going to far ...because of the Mid East ....Billy did just that went way beyond what we should have . But hey he ran a balanced Budget... too bad America's debt still Increased during the Clinton Admin like it did for over 200 years before Clinton . IIRC our debt began in 1790 and its not even possible to pay it off and I do mean not possible the way Currency is currently set up around the world . Would any of our brave Liberals like to tell me why we cannot possibly get out of debt ...there is one really good reason that proves it immediatly but I wont be holding my breath ???

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
who's talking about the debt? i'm talking about the DEFICIT. the government spending more in the budget than we take in. not having a balanced budget. being dumb enough to actually write up a budget for 2005 without figuring any costs of afghanistan and iraq. our leader is a mathematical fool. the 'c' avergae in college should have been warning enough - escpecially given that he probably had special consideration and probably deserved f's.