Anybody watching this TB game?

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Ok, I think I may know the answer to that question. Anyway, Corcoran is trying to singlehandedly give this game to the O's. He's just getting murdered. The two outs that he's recored both came on guys getting thrown out stealing. His pitch count is at FORTY! And yet I'm sure the manager will leave him in to give up 8 or 9 runs and give his team absolutely no chance to win. Gotta love games like this.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Well, he did get out of the first, and recorded his first actual out. Lopez is a gascan, so I'm hoping TB can bounce back.

CherryPicker

Forum Member
Aug 10, 2005
Just brutal Glenn, you don't even want to know how much I have riding on this to close out a parlay. Really tough to watch...

Ronnie

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
At the bar
Unbelievable Glenn! Last night Jeff Suppan pitched a gem and now Rodrigo Lopez looks like a fuc kin CY Young winner. :mj07:

CherryPicker

Forum Member
Aug 10, 2005
5th D Navarro singled to center, R Branyan scored. 3 1
5th J Lugo homered to left, D Navarro scored. 3 3
5th R Baldelli singled to right, C Crawford scored. 3 4
5th G Norton singled to left, R Baldelli scored, T Wigginton to second. 3 5
5th R Branyan homered to right, T Wigginton and G Norton scored. 3 8
5th J Lugo homered to left center, D Navarro scored. 3 10

10 runs on 10 hits w/ three home runs. Now that is what I am talking about!

CherryPicker

Forum Member
Aug 10, 2005
Wow I might need all those runs after all, the middle relief with this team is a joke.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Wow. Stepped away for awhile and come back to this. I better mark this day on my calendar as the one day I caught a break this year. :mj07: Have to give a lot of credit for Corcoran settling down, but you also have to lay a lot of blame on Balty for scoring 3 in the first and then taking the rest of the day off. Exactly what the Tigers did earlier today as well. I would be pretty pissed if I bet on either of those teams today.

CherryPicker

Forum Member
Aug 10, 2005
Luckily I bet against both of them in my parlay. Heres to being more lucky than good sometimes. Let's just hope the cronic finger licker Harville can get these guys out now.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
CherryPicker said:
Luckily I bet against both of them in my parlay. Heres to being more lucky than good sometimes. Let's just hope the cronic finger licker Harville can get these guys out now.

Baseball has been so crazy this year that I honestly think it's better to be lucky than good. You have to dodge all kinds of bullets... terrible bullpens, terrible managerial decisions, lack of clutch hitting by just about every team. I'm REALLY looking forward to football season.

CherryPicker

Forum Member
Aug 10, 2005
Holy crap this team is horrible. If I lose a game in which the team scores 10 runs in one inning I am going to have to quit for the rest of the MLB season.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Speaking of terrible bullpens... I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see TB lose this game. Not even sure it would be my worst loss of the year, that's the scary thing.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Nice. Lead down to 2 now. Someone remind me why a guy with an ERA of 6.5 is in the game? They don't have ANYONE else?

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Whatever happened to both teams mailing it in in blowout games???? This is ridiculous. A few days ago the Giants and Pads scored 7 runs in the final inning of a blowout game. Today the Indians scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th in a blowout, and now the O's score 8 in an inning in a blowout??? Since when did baseball players start playing with heart?

Bet on MyBookie