ATTN Billy Blastoff fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJHawgFan

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2004
Red Bank, NJ
why does this suddenly seem like the rallying scene from Animal House? I'm hearing pomp and circumstance playing behind g's post. :mj07:

Good point, though, g. I have no ability to just gut a game from a long list of lines. Systems do the job of narrowing down games for me so that I'm looking at 5-10 games rather than 50. It makes my wife happy when I'm not on the PC until 4 am every morning.

maverick2112

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Wyoming
I would recommend that no one take to much stock in any system until you have a very large sample size to look at........Billys system has so far had a winning record but how many games has he posted maybe 50??? Lets have a look at this system say after 300 games......until then I really dont pay a lot of attention to any system.........who was the guy who came on here a few yrs back and had 1 play a day and won like the first 15 picks......he thought he was the king until he went on a bad streak.......I dont think I have heard from him since.......

Billy Blastoff

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2005
USA
maverick2112 said:
I would recommend that no one take to much stock in any system until you have a very large sample size to look at........Billys system has so far had a winning record but how many games has he posted maybe 50??? Lets have a look at this system say after 300 games......until then I really dont pay a lot of attention to any system.........who was the guy who came on here a few yrs back and had 1 play a day and won like the first 15 picks......he thought he was the king until he went on a bad streak.......I dont think I have heard from him since.......

I guess I shouldnt bet until 2007 :clap:

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
maverick2112 said:

in poker you need to play about 100 K hands to see if a system is working

not quite that number in handicapping i would think but one clearly needs at least a couple hundred

maverick2112

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Wyoming
I am not saying not to bet.........You system has done well so far.........very impressive.

All I am saying is if you have been in this game as long as I have, you would have seen many "systems" come and go .........my point is that 30 to 40 games doesnt mean squat as far as being successful long term.......keep posting and continued success especially with North Carolina tonight as that is my one big play so lets hope we both win.........

pghpounder

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
da burgh
maverick2112 said:
who was the guy who came on here a few yrs back and had 1 play a day and won like the first 15 picks......he thought he was the king until he went on a bad streak.......I dont think I have heard from him since.......

Wasnt his name Ace Rothstein or something along those lines?

GMAN, I totally understand what you are saying. I never bitch, moan, or complain about any of the picks that people post. I dont contribute anything valuable to the forum unless its a weather report in Pittsburgh or if I get some news about something local...you know what I mean.
I am not a handicapper or professional gambler. I enjoy coming to this site to see what the experienced, good cappers like for the day and if I think it sounds good then I go with it. If I dont like it then I dont. But I never bitch about a pick because I have no reason to. I look at it as if I could do better then I should start my own thread with the picks...

GLTA
Bring us some winners G! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet on MyBookie