Australian Open (112th Edition), Jan. 14th to 28th, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
Wow. I figured this could happen to those medium level players. How you can judge if they threw missed shots and double faults crazy.
i'm sure kick can elaborate, but pretty much any time there's unusual betting on a match followed by some suspicious play, there's gonna be an investigation. i think there was an incident just last year, but i'm too lazy to dig it up. we're not talking the "top" players, but maybe players ranked in the top 200 - 300.

From hearing Kick's past refrences to his professional tennis playing days, are you sure he was "throwing" his matches?? :kurby
well, one time i think he was really trying, but he ate some sushi mid-match and wasn't the same afterwards.

every other time, he would miss his world famous kick serve on critical points. he only missed that kick serve when the fix was in.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
I made about 76 million taking bribes to throw matches.

Sadly I put all the that money in Enron stock.

Live and learn I guess.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
It dawned on me that tennis would be the sport where you could get away with throwing games or a set or a match. I don't follow tennis but has this happened at a high level in your opinion? They have such accuracy it wouldn't be hard to do in numerous ways.

Since the money in men's and women's pro tennis is horrible (it has got a bit better over the last 4 years but it is still awful) the sport is ripe for players to take bribes.

With that said nowadays you have to be a fucking idiot to take bribes to throw a match, set, game, etc. etc. Pretty much every match (singles and doubles) in every Futures, Challenger and Main Tour is being streamed or is on tv. Add to the fact you have the International Tennis Integrity Agency on your ass now, you will almost certainly get caught.

Off top of my head in last 5 years there have been something like 195 thousand matches played and something like 40 players caught taking bribes. That is insanely low number of players "taking a dive". Now yes of course I am sure there are some players out there now getting away with it but that number would be super small.

So bottom line, yes there is match fixing going on in pro tennis, but the percentage of matches where that happens is less than a percent, but yes it does happen. Now "back in the day" it happened a lot, two of my tennis buddies were approached by some Iranian dude at a tournament in Greece. I was right there standing next to them and this dude offered em a bribe to lose the first set in their doubles match. As I said it was a problem "back in the day", but not now.

As far as I know no player in the Top 100 of singles has ever taken a bribe (although I guess it probably happened). The "match fixing" is only in play for players outside the Top 200, the prize money is so bad, you are sleeping in tents on practice courts and taking 98 hour bus rides in India (yes I did that) so if somebody offers you two thousand dollars to lose a set, you'll be interested. But as I said now you'd have to be an idiot because you'll get caught. Add to the fact that now the International Tennis Integrity Agency will actually pay you if "you come forward with evidence" (meaning you tell them you were approached to take a bribe) you gotta be a fucking moron to fix a match.

Oh and it ain't just players, sometimes the umpire gets involved in helping out the gamblers....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

YANKEE MIKE

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2008
I recall that at least 10 years ago - The Russian Mob were threatening families if the Russian player didn’t throw a match.

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
Since the money in men's and women's pro tennis is horrible (it has got a bit better over the last 4 years but it is still awful) the sport is ripe for players to take bribes.

With that said nowadays you have to be a fucking idiot to take bribes to throw a match, set, game, etc. etc. Pretty much every match (singles and doubles) in every Futures, Challenger and Main Tour is being streamed or is on tv. Add to the fact you have the International Tennis Integrity Agency on your ass now, you will almost certainly get caught.

Off top of my head in last 5 years there have been something like 195 thousand matches played and something like 40 players caught taking bribes. That is insanely low number of players "taking a dive". Now yes of course I am sure there are some players out there now getting away with it but that number would be super small.

So bottom line, yes there is match fixing going on in pro tennis, but the percentage of matches where that happens is less than a percent, but yes it does happen. Now "back in the day" it happened a lot, two of my tennis buddies were approached by some Iranian dude at a tournament in Greece. I was right there standing next to them and this dude offered em a bribe to lose the first set in their doubles match. As I said it was a problem "back in the day", but not now.

As far as I know no player in the Top 100 of singles has ever taken a bribe (although I guess it probably happened). The "match fixing" is only in play for players outside the Top 200, the prize money is so bad, you are sleeping in tents on practice courts and taking 98 hour bus rides in India (yes I did that) so if somebody offers you two thousand dollars to lose a set, you'll be interested. But as I said now you'd have to be an idiot because you'll get caught. Add to the fact that now the International Tennis Integrity Agency will actually pay you if "you come forward with evidence" (meaning you tell them you were approached to take a bribe) you gotta be a fucking moron to fix a match.

Oh and it ain't just players, sometimes the umpire gets involved in helping out the gamblers....

Thanks Kick , that was very interesting. I got to thinking about that China tennis star I see you guys bet and how he lost in the singles but is doing good with the doubles stuff. If the CCP official tells him to throw a match, I would imagine this would happen.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
I recall that at least 10 years ago - The Russian Mob were threatening families if the Russian player didn’t throw a match.

It was actually 25 years ago, and it was me....I told them to fuck off and they ran away crying and apologized for wasting my time.

alb

Forum Member
Oct 30, 1999
Gibraltar
Damn Kyle just when I thought I was out....ya pull me back in. Yes there is corruption but mostly low-level (ya I'm sure Kick was in there taking full advantage :unsure:). But there has been investigations in the bigs. A major moment in history here...I think 2007. Did they interrogate you Kyle?

"The ATP has now exhausted all avenues of inquiry open to it and the investigation is now concluded," the association said. Davydenko, then ranked No5 in the world, pulled out of the match against the 87th-ranked Vassallo Arguello in the third set, citing a foot injury.

Betfair, an online bookmaker, voided all bets on the match. It received about £3.4m ($7m) in wagers on the match, 10 times the usual amount for a similar-level match. Most of the money was put on Arguello, even after he lost the first set. ATP investigators spoke to Davydenko, his wife and family members and reviewed telephone records. This summer, Davydenko said he may have inadvertently tipped off bettors by talking too loudly about his injury to his wife during the tournament. Davydenko, now ranked No6, and Arguello have always firmly denied any wrongdoing.

Betfair rules are 1 set must be completed for bets to stand.

Note bookies didn't allow betting on Davydenko matches for quite awhile. At the time my theory was not family threat/abduction but something as simple as your best 'friend' says his daughter never came home and a phone call said tell your buddy to quit in 2nd set. Probably not true and his injury was real and leaked and spotted as a problem while playing. But at the time....we all think the worse. I was personally sitting in the aisle seat in WTA Pattaya 2007 (after drooling when I sort of accidently bumped into Kirilenko) beside Alecia Molik talking on the phone and hobbling. I overheard 'pulling out of my next round but will try the doubles'....for the sake of her partner/friend....and a miracle. A trooper in my book....point is a bit of info can easily be labelled incorrectly (Molik and partner lost easily).

Last edited:
Reactions: YANKEE MIKE
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Yep I remember that Vassallo Arguello match well. But when all said and done, nothing came about with the whole "match fixing" thing. Bottom line of the hundred of thousands of pro tennis matches being played about 0.00000000000000000001 percent somebody on the court is "taking a dive". And as I said above, to take a bribe now, ya gotta be dumber then Hedgehog to do that now, you'll get caught.

And holy fucking shit........an alb sightingo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

alb

Forum Member
Oct 30, 1999
Gibraltar
I do remember Sharapova preferring a loss after already qualifying in the World Championships semi's. Her grunting went down to a whisper and her serve percentage sky-rocketed above normal with powder-puffs 1st serves and lost easily. But I call that strategy. I heard you never took a bribe Kyle.....you just sucked! :ROFLMAO:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
A joke but a bit mean.....you're a good Canuck. Do you want me to delete?

If you think that was mean, you clearly have not been here for quite some time. :smilies21 And it was 100 percent accurate, only way I won was if my opponent had food poisoning, broke his ankle, or I bribed him:LOL:

If you think that was mean.....stay clear of the Political Forum, that place will cause you to have a nervous break-down if you think what you said to me was mean:poop:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Is Medvedev cooked?

Ya never ever ever know with Medvedev, ya never know what you are going to get. As I type this e-mail it is one set all against Hurkacz, I would not be shocked at all if he won the match.

Reactions: T

alb

Forum Member
Oct 30, 1999
Gibraltar
I stay away from Political forums because I would simplify it to a point where you will all understand I know the real truth and realise I'm the only hope humanity has.
Btw since you seem to be in a good mood. Ummmm.....hmmmm......don't know how to say it gently so straight to the point.....her name is now Jennifer Love Black. Sorry bro. :confused:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Day 11 Action

Parlay

----------------------------------------------------------------
Barbora Krejcikova & Laura Siegemund
Kevin Krawietz & Tim Puetz
Dayana Yastremska

odds = $7.21 (+621) *0.75 unit

Kevin Krawietz & Tim Puetz lose and cost me the parlay😡😡😡😡😡

alb

Forum Member
Oct 30, 1999
Gibraltar
No more cuddles bro :cry:. Weird story......my daughter was studying journalism and invited on a filming set with Jen (true). They became acquaintances (true). So when I showed up one day and saw Jen in person it was like......fuck me we had a one nighter about 20 years ago. I think you are the mother of my 19 year old daughter!!! Well maternity tests showed she is not the mother but she got attached to us both so we decided wtf lets make it official....and now her last name is Black! Fate eh....go figure.

Reactions: kickserv
Bet on MyBookie