Bay Hill

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

kjls04202

Forum Member
Jun 19, 2002
London
www.keithjackson.co.uk
Thought I would get us started this week. It is too early to post up any selections as yet as I think that the tee times could be of importance this week.
Initial thoughts point me towards Peter Lonard who dissapointed big time last time out. His accuracy stats this year, are well below last years so far. Does anyone know any reason as to why? Has he got new clubs or is he trying the new ball or something.
Other players in mind are Garcia, despite playing rotten right now
and Nicholas Fasth who could surprise at a big price. And of course a certain Tiger who seems to play this course rather well!!

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
1 ew Leaney 40/1 Top ROW (VC, 1st 4)
Bit of a tough heat, but reduced numbers in field and Leaney recently stated his intent to avoid any Middle East action and go straight here to qualify for Masters. He is right on the bubble (top 50 World Ranking) in jt 49th place, which would require a decent finish to maintain.
He is selecting where he plays this year, last 16 in matchplay, and most recent stroke play result was 2nd to Ernie in JWC/Oz.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
With rain in forcast each day will skip in running and get down now on outrights.
All to place only 1 unit 5 places
@Boyles
Campbell 9/1
Herron 9/1
@ Skybet
Mediate 11/1

Think driving will be premium on rain soaked fairways
rank in total driving
Campbell 1st-Rocco 6th-Herron 24th

Course and current form also rate on all three.

kjls04202

Forum Member
Jun 19, 2002
London
www.keithjackson.co.uk
After my initial thoughts had passed I decided I was no longer interested in Garcia. I am putting my laurels and my my money on the Australian duo of Peter Lonard and Robert Allenby. Still not sure why Lonard is not as accurate this year but still feel that it is worth putting him up. I think though that Allenby is the main bet. I feel that he is bubbling under right now and if only he could find a putting touch he could play a big part. He also has an early tee time which could be an advantage even if the course might not play as difficult.
Jerry Kelly is another who is playing great and his 66/1 price is very tempting.
I still feel that Fasth holds an interest for me but probably as a place only option.

Good Luck all :)

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Outright plays (1 unit):

Scott Hoch to finish in the top-four 10/1 @ Olympic and Sirbet
The much-awaited head-to-head between Woods and Els dominates the headlines this week, but one offshoot is some decent outright prices. As beating Woods at Bay Hill seems an difficult task, then place-only is the option used this week. These are large odds for a player who won on his last outing (Ford Championship) and has finished in the top-15 in each of the last four years at Bay Hill. With a best of 7/1 for five places, will lose a place for the much better odds.

Sergio Garcia to finish in the top-four 10/1 @ Olympic and Sirbet
Far from an automatic choice as his 2003 form has been dire, but he is much too talented a player to be 40/1, or at least not yet. It could only take an good 1st round score - and he does have an early tee-time on Thursday - for him to regain some confidence and play to his abilities ... and everyone has their price!

John Huston to finish in the top-five 10/1 @ Five Dimes and Boyle
Can get 13/1 for four places at Olympic and Sirbet, but will trade that for an extra place with a player who finishes in the top-four far less often. He has finished 2nd once this year already (Phoenix Open) and has shown good form in the Florida events in the last two weeks. He had been 6th at the cut last week before a disappointing 3rd round. His recent form at Bay Hill is also impressive. He hung on after being the 1st round leader last year to record his 2nd top-3 finish in this event and in his previous visit he had been 4th at the cut before a poor weekend. With five of his six Tour wins being in Florida, then this looks like being a week that Huston should feature and maybe sneak another top-5 finish.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
a couple miss the cut props @ WSEX

Daly to miss cut -115
Garcia to miss cut +270

Both have played 4 events this year.Their actual scoring ave rank 144 and 108 respectively before the cut.In their total of 8 events they have made 3 cuts collectively and 2 of them marginal.

With that being said I agree on Stan's opinion of place odds being generous and with past form here and any flash of old talent he could contend.
I am taking the "Duval" attitude on him this year till he shows
otherwise.

==============================================
also think @ +40/1 this little unofficial parlay may merit consideration.

YOUR 4 PLAY PARLAY HAS BEEN ACCEPTED
You have wagered $10.00 to win $419.57 on:
GC 11 3/20: WILL AARON BADDELEY MAKE THE CUT? ( NO )
GC 7 3/20: WILL COLIN MONTGOMERIE MAKE THE CUT? ( NO )
GC 5 3/20: WILL JOHN DALY MAKE THE CUT? ( NO )
GC 15 3/20: WILL SERGIO GARCIA MAKE THE CUT? ( NO
==============================================
adding 72 holes @ skybet
Allenby -111 over Scott

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
That exact thought entered my mind.:D A 2way inexpensive shot at decent returns. He certainly is an interesting situation.
I have always thought that his personality might hold him back as far as handling success. I here all these stories of he and Parneys maid ect --and jetting off here and there and with his type of swing it is hard to stay in sync with other distractions.
--and when he experimented with long putter I think it signaled he may be 2nd guessing himself.--and my thoughts are the fine line line between champ and cut on this tour is attitude.I don't know, I wish him the best as he is one of most talented and exciting players to come in a while but it has seemed to me at the start his enthusiasm was spontaneous and later ad lib for the cameras.

I think I will take a shot against him in a 72 hole match with
Lonard +100 over Garcia @ SIA (Ties lose)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Matchup plays (1 unit unless stated):

Robert Allenby to beat Adam Scott -110 @ SkyBet
Both have shown excellent form over the past five months or so, but will side with the more dependable Allenby who has finished in the top-35 in five of six starts in this event. Scott finished 68th two years ago and apart from his 11th place finish at the wide-open Heron Bay in that year, he has finishes of 68th, missed cut and 65th in Florida events.

Kenny Perry to beat Adam Scott -111 @ BetandWin, Victor Chandler and Ladbrokes
With six cuts made from seven visits to Bay Hill and very few cuts missed overall, Perry just looks the more consistent player who will finish at least mid-table on Sunday evening. Scott could finish anywhere, but further down the leaderboard appears more likely.

Stuart Appleby to beat Robert Gamez -115 @ WSEX
Neither have course records to boast about - Appleby has one top-50 finish in seven attempts while Gamez has one in his last ten - but at least they can both claim top-5 finishes on that solitary occasion that they did contend. Just feel that although Gamez has shown some form in the last couple of events, Appleby is still playing much better. He leads him 3-1-0 h2h this season and 10-2-0 over the past 12 months.

Justin Rose to beat Aaron Baddeley -110 @ Bet365 and SkyBet
Will repeat last week's match and hope that Baddeley doesn't sneak the tie on the final day again. Baddeley does have an advantage in that he has played the course before this week, though he did miss the cut in 2000, but I just think Rose is simply the better player and has shown he can win events on different continents. He will win on this Tour, but not just yet.

Jeff Sluman to beat Aaron Barber -137 @ Boyle [2 units]
The rookie Barber certainly caught some attention when he ended his run of four missed cuts with a 4th place finish in the Tucson Open. He has since made both his cuts, but has fallen down the leaderboard each week and this will be his first really big event. With no course experience, I can only see him failing to keep his form, so will side with Sluman who has secured four top-25 finishes this season and was 8th two years ago.

Darren Clarke to beat Robert Gamez -125 @ Easybets [2 units]
Clarke's form in this event is also forgettable, but he is simply the better player and particularly now that he is working hard on his game with Butch Harmon. He has beaten Gamez in both their joint events this season and in all five of their joint events in the past 12 months.

Tiger Woods to beat Ernie Els -175 @ Boyle [2 units]
Has Els peaked too early? He certainly looked tired and jaded when stumbling to lose the Dubai Desert Classic to Derksen, as he had done in his 1st round match in the Match Play against Tataurangi. This week will answer some questions, but I don't see him winning this event and he has played more than twice as many event as Woods this season and in four different continents. This matchup is as low as -300 and I'll certainly argue there is value in these odds.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
1st round plays (1 unit unless stated):

Robert Allenby to beat K.J. Choi -138 @ Five Dimes
Brian Gay to beat Stephen Ames -115 @ Five Dimes
Sergio Garcia to beat Stuart Appleby -135 @ Five Dimes
Cameron Beckman to beat Len Mattiace -105 @ Five Dimes
Michael Campbell to beat Niclas Fasth -111 @ Five Dimes
Alex Cejka to beat Cliff Kresge -115 @ Five Dimes
Tiger Woods to beat Ernie Els -160 @ Five Dimes
Pat Perez to beat Robert Gamez -115 @ Five Dimes
Shigeki Maruyama to beat Trevor Immelman -119 @ Five Dimes [2 units]

warner

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
bay hill

bay hill

took a 312 loss at doral so up 710 for year 3 plays this week
lonard 0 cink 135/100
allenby 0 mccarron 160/100
riley 0 kelly 105/100

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
OUTRIGHTS:

Rocco Mediate(50/1) for 0.50* e.w. @ 5dimes
- (A) - Last Sunday night and thereafter I went through the World Golf Rankings in search of players with a solid chance of coming to Bay Hill with some game and some authority following some time off after most recently showing signs of some struggling, or at least some slippage. The names I came up with were Goosen (not playing), Lonard, Mediate and Maruyama. Rocco was generating early buzz but never really reached a boil. Were expectations too high?
- (B) - Good course form, fine ball striking, locally connected, some wobbly health, it all adds up to such an obvious choice that he will surely be an indifferent money burner.
- (C) - He continues my trend (Hoch; Calcavecchia) of backing someone I have been much more likely to oppose .
- (D) - The Energizer bunny and the Pennzoil tractor have got nothing on Arnie and his parade of farewell marches. NOT that I'm complaining. Lee Trevino: "Arnie has more people watching him park the car than we do on the course." Rocco has earned his stars as a devoted general in the King's army.

Sergio Garcia(33/1) for 0.50 e.w. @ Bet365
When Stan posted a play on Sergio, my immedite reaction was basically, "Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait, wait, wait a minute . . . this is the guy that fits the profile I went loking for on Sunday night, but he has been so far off his form that he never even crossed my mind." Duval has been thrashing about for so long that he will have to show me something before I consider anything but opposing him. With Sergio, I'm there, this week.

Chad Campbell(40/1) for 0.50* e.w. @ 5dimes
Looking worthy of all the attention he is receiving.

Kenny Perry(75/1) for 0.50* e.w. @ 5dimes
I backed him last week, and he was solid and more or less biding his time while unable to keep pace, which is about what I expected out of him when I found out too late about the generous character of the course in Palm Beach. Whether or not his streakiness or his upside potential are in evidence this week, I feel a measure of his value is the fact that he is one of a fairly select set of golfers that I have no interest in opposing with Garcia in a Thursday morning 3 Ball.
---------- ---------- ----------

MATCHUPS (Tournament) for 1* @ 5dimes:

Ilonen(+105) over Derksen
Campbell(-152) over Pampling

3 BALLS (Thursday) for 1* @ Bet 365

Faldo(+162) over Brooks/McRoy
G. Nicklaus(+450) over Barber/Pappas
Maruyama(+138) over Burns/Daly

GL

Last edited:

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
adding one more 72 Hole @ 365
Rose -110 over Baddely
exact sentiments as Stan

Will forgo any 1st roundrs with possible rain delays but should prove interesting with a pretty good wind projected most of the day.