Bo didnt

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Pigskin59

Forum Member
Mar 1, 2012
AL
I feel compelled to tell this... As I watch Bo 30/30... I was standing next to Bo Friday night, as his hs McAdory played for the 5a state championship. A kid asked him for his autograph, he said how much $ u got? Kid laughed Bo said I'm serious. Kid didnt get autograph. Humble? I think not

Betone

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2004
Monument, CO
I feel compelled to tell this... As I watch Bo 30/30... I was standing next to Bo Friday night, as his hs McAdory played for the 5a state championship. A kid asked him for his autograph, he said how much $ u got? Kid laughed Bo said I'm serious. Kid didnt get autograph. Humble? I think not

BS..........I have seen the guy autograph plenty of times and even in a restaurant. Pig, must be a bama fan....FYP :0008

Redhog

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
Hawg Country

:facepalm:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

NIEM36

Child Please
Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
chicago
He plays a local golf course in the Chicago burbs, and I have played in the group ahead of his, and also behind his. During those rounds I had several conversations with him, and never said no to either me or my buddies when we asked for his autograph. Always seemed to be in a great mood. A very nice guy from what I can see.

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
BS..........I have seen the guy autograph plenty of times and even in a restaurant. Pig, must be a bama fan....FYP :0008

Aren't you an Auburn tool? Weren't you the prick trying to stick up for Cam a few years back?

Nole

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2002
Knoxville, Tn USA
Watching the show now. He seems like a pretty cool dude.

Now, back in the 80's, when he ran for 576 yards(give or take) against Florida State one game.....well, I didn't care for him too much!

One of the greatest performances I have ever seen live!

:toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Betone

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2004
Monument, CO
Watching the show now. He seems like a pretty cool dude.

Now, back in the 80's, when he ran for 576 yards(give or take) against Florida State one game.....well, I didn't care for him too much!

One of the greatest performances I have ever seen live!

Pigskin59

Forum Member
Mar 1, 2012
AL
Guys

Guys

I guess I shouldn't have posted this. I am not a Ua or Au fan! I coach hs ball. I know what was said. I heard it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Ran a 4.12 at the combine fastest ever recorded, that is impressive...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
Summer of '92 the White Sox played a series at KC, it was his first time back as a visitor, even though he wasn't playing (still recovering). Was able to get his autograph hanging out near the Royals player entrance as he was coming through there to say ?hi? to his former teammates. A couple things I remember from that brief encounter. He wouldn?t sign for any adults, only kids and teenagers who had formed a line. Halfway through signing he stopped and accused a kid of getting his autograph and getting back in line. After the kid convinced him he hadn?t and it must have been someone else, Bo replied ?better not, I swing a mean crutch?.

One Timer

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 25, 2012
Myself and my other two brothers are all in our thirties and have a much younger brother who is now 23. It was probably about 8 years ago and we were all talking about sports as we always do and Bo Jackson was brought up and the youngest who was probably around 15 at the time said something that stopped us all in our tracks...."Who is Bo Jackson?"
We of course erupted with, how do you not know who Bo Jackson is? and he replied with the "Oh yeah, yeah, I know him" to try and prevent further ridicule.

To this day we make it our informal goal to tell him how great this guy was, what he could do that nobody else could do, throwing out Harold Reynolds, breaking the bat over his head, 500 foot home runs......
It's sad though because the truth is that it's reasonable to think that there are kids of his generation, he was born in '89, that just missed the legend of Bo Jackson. This 30 for 30 and Barry Sanders football life (the man who made watching the Lions on Thanksgiving bearable for years) were awesome to see.

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
I guess as long as everyone is telling their Bo Jackson stories: I've seen his commercials.

william13

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2005
hoosier

seen larry bird rookie year for the nba at indianapolis airport didnt want money, BUT brush off a little 6 yr .. i'm from indiana and he was our hero but after that it took many years to let that go ....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg